1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,181 Posts
    Hey,

I submitted a song called chasm for the facepunch v5 collab but it wasn't actually how I wanted it. I really like it and am hoping it'll be a basis for my first EP, so I've gone back and started fixing it up so it's how I want it. It's close to a finished state but it still needs some polishing.

I would really like to hear how you all think it could be improved- This is my favourite song I've produced so far and I want to make it an awesome one!

Thanks <3

It's finished now.

You can get the 320 kbps mp3 here. If you want it in a different format/quality let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,084 Posts
    I really love the quality of this. Sounds fat and tight, is also interesting in sense of music style! Make an whole album in this style, it will be great dude! Keep it up!

2:40 and on, that is fucking fantastic! I normally don't listen to this type of music but man, I really like it.

You absolutly need to make a song with deep as fart sounds as a base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,719 Posts
    The intro reminds me of daggermouth - wreckage machinery. The bass is really well done and this is quite a nice track but the drums should be a bit clearer. At some points its really hard to hear the snare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2009
    43 Posts
    Things kind of seem to jump up on me when it hits about 2:39. It just needs some adjustment(duration,fading)? Otherwise, one of my definite favorites now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,181 Posts
    Thanks for all the feedback, I'm amazed at how positive it is. I've just uploaded an improved version in accordance to your suggestions- Made the bass a bit crazier too. New version's in the OP

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,181 Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but I've basically entirely finished this now. If you have any glaring problems with it please give me some criticism and I will change it, but I think I'm personally happy with it now

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,657 Posts
    Um, Can I get a Download Link....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,181 Posts
    Really? Awesome, sorry I hadn't supplied one in the first place but it felt a bit egotistical thinking people would actually want it

You can get the 320 kbps mp3 here. If you want it in a different format/quality let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,084 Posts
    Fantastic chaz, also thanks for messaging me the finished version of this.

This is album worth material, make more but as I said earlier.. You really need to keep this sound but make some songs which are fart deep and not as fast, like you did with those small breaks with those short farts before it starts to get fast.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,181 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback man, I really appreciate it. That's such a good idea, too, I'm going to make a downtempo chilled/ambient song but with the crazy bass as the intro for the EP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Drums need to come through the mix a lot stronger. The snare and kick are getting really drowned out by your reese, especially the low end portions of them.

I think the reese needs a couple more resampling passes too, it's pretty plain "saw waves with a phaser" right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,084 Posts
    Drums need to come through the mix a lot stronger. The snare and kick are getting really drowned out by your reese, especially the low end portions of them.

I think the reese needs a couple more resampling passes too, it's pretty plain "saw waves with a phaser" right now.
    I would say that he should cut something about the 80-120 frequency off the bass and boost the 30-50hz on the bass to make it cut out more on the mix, also boost 80-120 on the bassdrum to make it more noticable and give the snare more lower mids to make it cut out more and be fatter too that should help if acquired goodly!

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    A good way to get a good breakbeat is to make a really fat, basic drumbeat, with hugely processed drums, and then add a high passed acoustic break for the ghost notes and stuff.

Just a random tip.

Good song. Like the bass, even though simple
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    GAYLORD
    Wikipedia Vandilisation Contest Winner
    June 2005
    14,788 Posts
    Nice i like.

Think you need some hard subbass though, it seems a little weak at the moment, but you definitely have the knack for drum and bass. keep it up mate, love to see what you come up with next.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,181 Posts
    Thanks for all the advice, it's so, so helpful for me. I've had a really hard time getting the drums to come through the mix properly, everything occupies fairly close frequency ranges. I think I'll cut some of the bass then boost the sub bass by a fair amount to compensate, should help the drums come through a bit more too.