1. Post #1
    January 2011
    2,003 Posts
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/1...if-gays-marry/

Don't expect to see him marching in a Pride parade anytime soon, but gays may have found an unexpected ally in Oscar-winning director Clint Eastwood.

In the October issue of GQ magazine, Eastwood said that Republicans were making a big mistake by opposing same sex marriage.

"These people who are making a big deal out of gay marriage?" Eastwood opined. "I don't give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of."

"They go on and on with all this bullshit about 'sanctity' -- don't give me that sanctity crap! Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

Although he is a registered Republican, Eastwood doesn't consider himself a conservative. He has supported California's former Democratic Gov. Gray Davis and Democratic Rep. Sam Farr.

"I was an Eisenhower Republican when I started out at 21, because he promised to get us out of the Korean War," he told GQ. "And over the years, I realized there was a Republican philosophy that I liked. And then they lost it. And libertarians had more of it. Because what I really believe is, let's spend a little more time leaving everybody alone."

There's really nobody else that could say it quite like he can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner x 425Agree x 9Funny x 7Dumb x 2Zing x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2009
    944 Posts
    Clint Eastwood is awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 267 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    911 Posts
    Beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2010
    410 Posts
    Why is this a big deal, im sure you could go to most actors and they wouldnt give a damn, well maybe no Mel Gibson or tom cruise but they're both batshit anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2007
    528 Posts
    Wait what?
    "I dont give a fuck"
    Translates into
    "But gays may have found an unexpected ally in Oscar-winning director Clint Eastwood."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 135Agree Agree x 29Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I don't give a fuck if you don't give a fuck clint eastwood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb x 41Winner x 5Disagree x 3Informative x 3Funny x 3Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2011
    2,003 Posts
    Why is this a big deal, im sure you could go to most actors and they wouldnt give a damn, well maybe no Mel Gibson or tom cruise but they're both batshit anyways
    Because Clint Eastwood is awesome, and they're not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 38Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2008
    1,307 Posts
    Win!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2011
    2,003 Posts
    Wait what?
    "I dont give a fuck"
    Translates into
    "But gays may have found an unexpected ally in Oscar-winning director Clint Eastwood."
    "Sensationalist Headlines"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37 (list)

10. Post #10
    Holy fuck, I wasted money on this shit?
    August 2011
    1,866 Posts
    I honestly would have thought he would be against it, this is a pretty great surprise my already high respect for him just got higher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    Wait what?
    "I dont give a fuck"
    Translates into
    "Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #12
    February 2010
    1,243 Posts
    Wow Clint Eastwood is my hero
    But I was halfway expecting something more like

"Buncha fuckin' weirdos..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 106Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Because he's fucking Clint Eastwood.

14. Post #14
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    clint eastwood is the law
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 66Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,022 Posts
    God I fucking love Clint
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2011
    15 Posts
    marriage is between a man and a woman
    why can't fags understand that?
    they cannot be married, it just doesn't work.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Extreme homophobia" - GunFox))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb x 131Funny x 18Informative x 4Disagree x 3Agree x 3Winner x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Late x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    6,410 Posts
    His exact quote on this subject

I know what you're thinking. "Did he approve of homosexual marriage or only hetero?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is the United States, the most powerful country in the world, and the land of the free, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel free? Well, do ya, punk?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 20Winner Winner x 6 (list)

18. Post #18
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    olivia wilde when did you start being such a cunt

Edited:

you played a bisexual on house what the fuck is up with that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 40Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,860 Posts
    your word is my law clint
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,727 Posts
    More people should think like Clint Eastwood...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,437 Posts
    Ok, then they should be allowed to enter into a union that gives them the SAME EXACT rights and privileges as straight married couple.

Does that make you feel better, if its not actually called a "marriage?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,935 Posts
    "Go ahead, be all gay."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    September 2011
    15 Posts
    Ok, then they should be allowed to enter into a union that gives them the SAME EXACT rights and privileges as straight married couple.

Does that make you feel better, if its not actually called a "marriage?"
    Yes that does make me feel better.
    Marriage is union between man and woman under god.
    And to have fags doing that is incredibly offensive.
    If they just called it union or something I would be ok with that.
    But using the term 'marriage' is just downright offensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb x 67Funny x 3Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    okay he doesn't give a fuck
    that's nice

doesn't really help the people who do give a fuck like me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    Hey look, stupid people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree x 49Zing x 11Informative x 2Funny x 1Winner x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    June 2010
    1,634 Posts
    What a badass Clint Eastwood is.

27. Post #27
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,727 Posts
    I thought I heard this before...

28. Post #28
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,329 Posts
    You see there are two kinds of people in this world, my friend.

Those who overreact on things, and those who don't give a fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    And calling gay people "fags" ISN'T offensive?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 27Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    March 2010
    5,122 Posts
    2/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

31. Post #31
    Scoot you do realize emoreg is most likely a troll right
    He'll be perma'd within a week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2009
    12,190 Posts
    For a Christian person you certainly do harbor un-Christian views about how certain people would want to lead a virtuous life.

Judge not lest you be judged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 18Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,300 Posts
    How would you feel if gay people wouldn't let straight people marry?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    111 Posts
    Clint Eastwood is the last true badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,727 Posts
    Clint Eastwood is the last true badass.
    We'll see him go in our lifetimes. It's really sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 22Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Meet the Pyro
    April 2006
    4,472 Posts
    I think I'm gonna go watch Gran Torino again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,694 Posts
    Marriage stopped being a purely religious thing when the government started treating married couples differently. It's as simple as that. If it carries economical benefits, or different treatment under certain circumstances from the state or country's side, the phenomenon no longer belongs to the religious, but to the public.

And since America has separation of church and state, the church no longer has any special privileges on the issue of gay marriage. If it awards special benefits to the people involved, it should be available to anyone. Regardless of sexual orientation, skin colour, culture, religion or political ideology.

That's really all there is to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 10Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    That article was short, to the point, and awesome.

This man is a good man.
    First off, you speak as if your not being offensive yourself, well you are.

Second off, no one actually gives a shit about gay marriage in the bible, the only reasons you'll hear it is more based on the fact that they needed an increased population back then, and gay marriage didn't get that, they didn't say "GAYS ARE BAD".

Third, you as a Christian sure as hell aren't modeling yourself off your lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, am I smelling hypocrisy and ludicrousy? Yes I am.

Fourth, Marriage isn't this 'pure Christian thing', or 'purely religious thing', don't get so uppity and anty about it

Fifth, worry about your own fucking problems, stop pissing everyone else off and making a problem for them out of it

Sixth, "But using the term 'marriage' is just downright offensive", well, maybe you could stop being such a little bitch, then it wouldn't be so offensive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoqzb5R6vw

Seventh, Gay marriage is a perfectly constitutional right.

7 points, so even if 6 are wrong, I still have one last one up my sleeve. Even if your trolling, I'm still remaining calm and not getting e-motional about it.

okay he doesn't give a fuck
    that's nice

doesn't really help the people who do give a fuck like me.
    He's going a fuck by not giving a fuck that gays marry

I do the same

I think I'm gonna go watch Gran Torino again
    its the perfect movie, it makes a weak old senile man seem like the ultimate bad ass.

whats not to love?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

39. Post #39
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,765 Posts
    2/10

Go home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    111 Posts
    We'll see him go in our lifetimes. It's really sad.
    yeah, I've been thinking about that recently. It will be a sad sad day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)