1. Post #1
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    SCP has it's own game (sort of)
    Dev blog etc here: http://scpcb.wordpress.com/
    Show your support!

Introduction:
    Greetings new personnel, you may not realize it yet, nor may you be consenting to it, but you have just been recruited by the SCP Foundation, clicking on the link to this thread voids your right to a lawyer, access to your family and friends, and your right to a sane remainder of your life.

The SCP Foundation has a long and obscure history, that isn't really privy to new recruits, but just know this: it's been around since before you were here, and unless something goes horribly wrong, it will outlive you.
    Our role in this world is simple, and to remind you of it, it is the very acronym from which our foundation gains it's name: Secure. Contain. Protect.

Just what are we securing, containing and protecting?

Frankly, we have no idea, and that is what makes our job so vital, we find objects, artifacts, creatures, "people" that the world isn't ready for. We stop them from doing harm to themselves, and the majority of the world by containing them in several highly secure facilities. Finally, we make it our job to ensure no third party gains access to these "SCPs", and to make sure they can do no harm to the majority of the modern world.

Secondary to these objectives is our goal to research all these anomalies, to figure out how they work, in some cases to destroy them, in others, to understand them so that the knowledge can be used to improve society, protect the world, or help the goals of the foundation.

Good luck new agents, I hope you all lead fruitful lives in the service of the foundation.

Object Class: Thread

Containment Procedures: This thread is to be contained within the General Discussion section of the Facepunch forum. All readers of the topic should be immediately located and brought into Foundation custody for new recruit training.

Description: The SCP Wiki is a huge collaborative project from hundreds of different creepypasta authors, it details a SHITLOAD of creepy, powerful and usually highly misunderstood artifacts in the care of a rich, secretive foundation with ties to pretty much all world governments. The "Foundation" is basically a huge group of scientists, military agents and high level supervisors who are charged with Securing, Containing and Protecting the aforementioned artifacts, often with catastrophic results, nonetheless they press on with a seemingly unlimited budget and stream of "Class-D" test subjects who are thrown into the grinder daily.

The main feature of this website is the individual entries for over 1000 different artifacts, ranging from a biological MP5, to a real life weeping angel, to a painting which when reproduced correctly creatures a giant wormhole, to a startling variety of terrifying parasites.

Basically, if you've ever thought of something scary, or had a nightmare with something horrific in it, the foundation has tagged it, bagged it and fed 10-100 criminals to it, to see what happens.

SCP Highlights:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-610
    "The Flesh That Hates"
    A rather disturbing mass of flesh that spans a large area in the Ukraine. It actively attacks and transforms other lifeforms (particularly humans) into more of itself and fills the countryside. It is basically indestructible, highly aggressive and is spread incredibly deep underground.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-763
    "Human Beowulf Cluster"
    A giant cluster of human flesh that is alive and sentient. It absorbs more human specimens. Pretty creepy, not as weird as 610 though.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-874
    "Abyssal Fluid"
    A one way portal to a seemingly infinite space with no gravity. It's nigh impossible to pull something back through once it has gone through. Apparently there is stuff living in here that eats your limbs too if you leave it in there too long.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-115
    "Miniature Dump Truck"
    A dump truck with the same physics as a full sized dump truck. Has caused significant damage on multiple occasions, otherwise seems to be perfectly normal.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/

Addendum: Don't think about adding to the website unless you make yourself a member of their community, they're pretty strict and have a tendency to be assholes at times. Nonetheless, the website is pretty awesome and the fact that it's continually growing make it fascinating. Don't go here if you have work to do, as in cases reported for SCP-1062 "TvTropes" and to a lesser extent SCP-1066 "Wikipedia", the SCP-Wiki itself has been known to cause a memetic effect labelled "Tab Explosion" which may cause loss of sleep, poor work habits and obsessive behavior.

Addendum 2:

Facepunch members have become more active in the community, several articles have been officially published. AWESOME. WORK!
    Here's a list of them (there's more all the time though!)

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1507

Living Pink Flamingos, tacky and also with a taste for blood.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1058

A shadow of his former self.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1023

A blast from the future. May contain seismography.

Secure. Contain. Protect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner x 197Dumb x 15Late x 14Funny x 12Artistic x 2Informative x 2Disagree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2008
    3,849 Posts
    i swear to god did that statue just move
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    Alternate which eye is open.

It's amazing none of the higher ups thought of this, the janitor figured it out one night, completely nullifies the statue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 61Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,688 Posts
    Fucking love SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 136Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,518 Posts
    SCP is one of the best pieces of Internet created fiction ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 156Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    "TL;DR" is not an acceptable response to this post.
    May 2005
    1,459 Posts
    Heck yes! Love this site!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    September 2009
    9,647 Posts
    Didn't know SCP was into Mark Powell art...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 8Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,591 Posts

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-874
    "Abyssal Fluid"
    A one way portal to a seemingly infinite space with no gravity. It's nigh impossible to pull something back through once it has gone through. Apparently there is stuff living in here that eats your limbs too if you leave it in there too long.
    Holy shit, it's a Sea of Dirac.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 19Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    September 2011
    84 Posts
    Cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    648 Posts
    Mind = Blown, I swear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 72Funny x 8Winner x 7Late x 2Informative x 2Dumb x 2Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,688 Posts
    SCP-610 is fucking terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    SCP-610 is fucking terrifying.
    Read the expedition logs.
    It only gets worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 20Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    My favorite is the coffee vending machine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree x 65Winner x 14Funny x 8Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,155 Posts
    Ill restate that SCP-835 is one of the most disgusting things Ive ever read about.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-835
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2011
    26 Posts
    SCP, huh? Lock up a bunch of the universes most fucked up things? I shall make it my life mission to release everything and have my army of horrific creatures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 37Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    Highlights from 835:

SCP-835 emits a large mass of semi-liquid material several times a day from the large polyps on each “end”. This appears to be made of semi-digested solids, fecal material, and semen. This mass also has several forms of virus, bacteria, and parasites, many of which have been found only within SCP-835.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny x 55Artistic x 2Agree x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    May 2009
    20,155 Posts
    Highlights from 835:
    Sucks when the highlight contains expelling semen and shit.

Oh yeah, and as I said in the Enderman thread, I like this one:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-716
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    December 2009
    7,494 Posts
    Didn't know SCP was into Mark Powell art...
    Whoa, it's like HR Giger made sweet love to Tool's Adam Jones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    Fun fact: that picture of huge meat chunk is the record holder for the biggest tumor ever removed from a human.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events Informative Informative x 72Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,502 Posts
    SCP-093 is rather good too, once you read all the logs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

22. Post #22
    February 2009
    756 Posts
    i am scared to take off my shirt now

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-362
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,965 Posts
    It only gets worse.
    Holy shit what the fuck.

If SCP were ever to be made into a TV series, it'd straight up topple even the X-Files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 97 (list)

24. Post #24
    SCP Foundation has to be one of the best fiction sites on the internet. As some people said in the Enderman thread, an episodic, isolated-episode miniseries based on some of the creatures would be fucking amazing.

I've never found a favorite, really, but there are some that manage to creep the shit out of me, like SCP-087, "The Stairwell" (the fucking expedition logs, man. I'm never using a stairwell again.) some that are plain sad, cool, funny... It's a big variety.

Make sure you read the expedition/experiment logs. Very well written and thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    631 Posts
    My favorite so far. http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-342

At first I was like, 'hey this is pretty cool' but then I kept reading as was like :byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    May 2009
    20,155 Posts
    It only gets worse.
    Ugh, no kidding. Im up to the third one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    I think I hurt "Surprise Me!"'s feelings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 25 (list)

28. Post #28
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,080 Posts
    This is one of the best things on the internet. I have read dozens of them. Some are creepy, some are amazing, some are downright terrifying, and some are even hilarious.

I love SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,965 Posts
    Ill restate that SCP-835 is one of the most disgusting things Ive ever read about.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-835
    ... Oh wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

30. Post #30
    May 2009
    20,155 Posts
    I think I hurt "Surprise Me!"'s feelings
    To: Dr Empty_Shadow

RE: Dumb Ratings.

Due to recent events, I recommend Surprise Me be put on Keter Duty. They have shown to be a hazard to the well being of this thread, and we can only hope they terminate themselves.

Sincerely, Dr Shadow_of_Intent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2009
    756 Posts
    if you guys like scp then you should watch "the lost room" miniseries

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,670 Posts
    I personally love comrade Dmitri Arkadeyevich Strelnikov, true hero of the people.

Also, SCP-582 is based off of Slenderman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2009
    1,224 Posts
    I was definitely not prepared for the first image in the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #34
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,330 Posts
    It only gets worse.
    It was scary until the church part then the entire 610 became Resident Evil 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #35
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,132 Posts
    I remember when I made a concept for an SCP article.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    I remember when I made a concept for an SCP article.
    The description seems not "scientific" enough, all SCP articles try to explain things empirically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,691 Posts
    Oh my god this is awesome. Are there any other sites like this? This is as the other guy said, one of the best fiction on the net.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #38
    Super Hoborator
    Dennab
    May 2007
    6,479 Posts
    Oh my god this is awesome. Are there any other sites like this? This is as the other guy said, one of the best fiction on the net.
    The Holders series.

Some of these are fucking creepy as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,420 Posts
    I was reading this last week. I fucking love it. Can you register and create an SCP or do you have to be part of a chosen team?

Like if I spent a good few hours drafting, creating and refining an SCP would they tear me a new one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #40
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,519 Posts
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-430

What
    This is beyond What
    HOW THE FUCK DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 45Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)