1. Post #1
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Aura: A Garry's Mod Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

Aura is a gamemode for the Half-Life 2 modification, Garry's Mod. It is a medieval/fantasy MORPG that will include many familiar features of the RPG genre, such as: leveling, hunting, questing, and player versus player combat.

Our current team consists of:

- Kruma: Project Lead/Mapper
    - Bekka: Coder
    - Zuntti: Terrain Artist
    - Fabled Pilgrim: Composer
    - BrettJay: Website Designer
    - Pattern of Games: Sound Effects Artist

We are seeking the following (in order of most needed first to least needed):

- Organic 3D Modeler:
    - Capable of creating high-quality organic models, such as characters or foliage.

- Inorganic 3D Modeler:
    - Capable of creating high-quality inorganic models, such as weapons, armors, and miscellaneous props.

- Texture Artist:
    - Capable of creating high-quality textures, such as model reskins, and standard 512x512 (power of 2) environmental textures to be used in maps.

- Graphics Artist:
    - Capable of creating high-quality graphics such as HUD and UI.

- Concept Artist:
    - Capable of creating high-quality illustrations, such as concepts of characters, models, or environments within the gamemode.

Unfortunately at this time, all members are not being paid, as the entire team consists of mostly students working on a volunteer basis, under the premise that there is a high chance of generating a shared revenue upon completion.

Anyone willing/interested in helping out with this project, please respond to this thread, private message me, or add me on Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/kruma

Media:

Mapping:

Modeling:

Cave Map:

Coding:

Original Soundtrack:

Clockwork Armada:

Glory and Strife:

Heroes Ascension:

Homestead

Rapture:

The Nomad:

Unhallowed Depths:

Static March:

Graphics (old):

Demo website:
    http://projects.brettjones.me/aurarpg/
    Please consider working with us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Lua King x 48Artistic x 14Dumb x 3Winner x 3Lua Helper x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Late x 1Funny x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2010
    159 Posts
    Love the map!!!!!!
    well this is going to make my mmo look like shit o_o"
    Looking very very good.
    Keep up the good work

Good luck

P.S : Did you teleport to a diffrent location for the dungeon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    i like what i see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

September 2011
    2 Posts
    This actually looks really good. I can't wait for it to be done, and will definitely play it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2011
    114 Posts
    Can't Wait. Looks Fucking amazing. Sometime i should turn my graphics up so i can see like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2011
    144 Posts
    This looks incredible, keep up the great work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2010
    32 Posts
    Oh hell yeah, I saw some of those map screenshots in a mapping mega-thread, looks amazing I really hope this works out! Good luck sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    159 Posts
    My god, i dont think i will ever have the capacity to jizz again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    This is like your 5th MMORPG attempt in garrysmod now, cruma.
    I hope this one won't end up like the others.

And that map is real nice, I like the grass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Awesome. Hope it gets finished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    I fucking love eggs!!!
    July 2007
    1,991 Posts
    The map looks amazing, and I like the idea of your particle editor to make development easier.
    Looks good guys I'll be watching this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    August 2010
    172 Posts
    -Removed-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Is it possible you release your particle editor seperate to the public? A lot of people including myself would find it extremely useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,255 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,589 Posts
    Wow, amazing. Love everything there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Faroe Islands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,627 Posts
    Can't wait to play this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    V
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,261 Posts
    Looks simply amazing. Good luck!

18. Post #18
    J!m
    I Love Big Gay Dragons
    June 2009
    1,406 Posts
    Looks like you everything right about MMo so far like the unique environment and controls, would love to
    see a battle scene! Also good luck, looking forward to this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2009
    1,357 Posts
    Looks amazing.
    Keep up the good work on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    [RELEASE]
    Aura Update 001:

Media:

The past few days our coder, Bekka, has been working on some updates and managed to complete the first legitimate version of our custom particle editor:

A developmental video that will showcase how it works and all of its features is to be released soon.

Early progress has also begun on one of our planned dungeon hunting zones:

Q & A:

Did you teleport to a diffrent location for the dungeon?
    Indeed, dungeon and cave hunting zones are detached from the mainland and reside elsewhere in the deep, black void of the Hammer Editor.

Is it possible you release your particle editor seperate to the public? A lot of people including myself would find it extremely useful.
    Our main concern is to keep our focus on Aura and to complete it, so at this time there are no plans to release any of our work for public use. Perhaps sometime after initial release, we will discuss plans to create a public version of our editor.

Thanks to all of the others who responded with words of praise. Be sure to check up on this thread for future updates and feel free to ask any questions that you would like to have answered.
    [/RELEASE]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2009
    5,744 Posts
    b00ner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    November 2008
    149 Posts
    That looks awesome, I would suggest making more than one island tho, so for instance when you get so far into the game there should be an option for the next tier up in caves and island to go to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    A lot of these MMO coders have really good ideas, but they should try making them outside of Garry's Mod, that way they can make real mmos :).

just saying, but this looks really cool.

24. Post #24

May 2010
    1,113 Posts
    This gamemode deserves better than garrysmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    so much potential

26. Post #26
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Btw I highly highly recommend you use cross-server maps to give it a lot of immersion, and performance too i suppose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,255 Posts
    I soooo want to play this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,491 Posts
    Looks excellent.

29. Post #29
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,408 Posts
    Thank god you said multiplayer!
    I thought this would be a single player RPG!

Serious time now, apart from the "MORPG" that annoys me slightly it looks good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Hey cruma, do u remember me? well, doesn't matter. I though u are a typical asshole but I can see that u know how to code WELL but I think u are still an asshole. [sorry to say that] anyway good luck and have fun with it LOOKS GOOD

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - mahalis))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Hey cruma, do u remember me? well, doesn't matter. I though u are a typical asshole but I can see that u know how to code WELL but I think u are still an asshole. [sorry to say that] anyway good luck and have fun with it LOOKS GOOD
    What
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

32. Post #32
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    what.

How is combat going to be done exactly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    Well...damn. That dungeon zone looks like something out of a 2003 RPG game.

Like Oblivion-type stuff. Well done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    April 2009
    656 Posts
    I am totally on board with this, keep up the great work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Absolutely amazing!

Really fantastic seeing a well organized gamemode with so much quality and custom content in it, reallyf antastic job guys :D

36. Post #36
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,994 Posts
    Holy Crap, the lighting is fucking amazing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    September 2011
    144 Posts
    Please, for the love of god, release that particle editor (or atleast hook me up with it :D).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Please, for the love of god, release that particle editor (or atleast hook me up with it :D).
    i know right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

May 2010
    24 Posts
    I cannot wait to get to play this! It looks awesome. Great job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,343 Posts
    Release.. now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)