1. Post #1
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    [h2]The Minecraft Enchantment Thread![/h2]

To get a enchantment table use this recipe:

Here is the full list - some phrases don't make sense but some do. The green number in the enchantment window is the required skill level you have to spend to imbue the item! So you current skill level will be reduced by the required amount!

edit: Ok guys, i just found out that putting the SAME item again into the enchantment table CHANGES the available enchantments. Maybe i should sort it by numbers.. or words.. i am not sure now.

Thanks to Crysta Elf - who posted a image which can be put into the fonts directory of minecraft.jar - making the enchantment description readable in english. You can find the picture here. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../alternate.png

All (currently) known items that can be enchanted:

Code:
    Helmet
    Chestplate
    Leggings
    Boots

Sword
    Pickaxe
    Axe
    Shovel
    Shear
    Fishing Rod

Flint & Steel
    Since we cant order the enchantments i will write down every known word in this list and we complete the list by adding effects and missing words.

Code:
    air
    animal
    ball
    beast
    berata
    cold
    creature
    cube
    curse
    darkness
    demon
    destroy
    dry
    earth
    elemental
    elder
    embiggen
    enchant
    fiddle
    fire
    free
    fresh
    galvanize
    grow
    humanoid
    hot
    ignite
    imbue
    inside
    klaatu - ignite surrounding air?
    light
    limited
    mental
    niktu
    of
    other
    physical
    range
    scrolls
    self
    shorten
    shrink
    snuff
    sphere
    spirit
    stale
    stretch
    the
    towards
    twist
    undead
    water
    wet
    xyzzy - teleport?
    NOW its time to find out what all the enchantments mean!

Feel free to talk about enchanting and stuff below
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 10Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks the names are randomized from a group of words and then spelled in the alphabet so that people think the enchantments have something to do with the title?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

April 2011
    4,553 Posts
    It looks to me like the writing is in Japanese. At least some of the characters look like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    It looks to me like the writing is in Japanese. At least some of the characters look like it.
    It's not, it's the standard Galactic Alphabet, from the commander keen series
    http://www.omniglot.com/writing/sga.htm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    That's the Standard Galactic Alphabet from an old game series from the 90s, looks more like a sci-fi language, or even fantasy, than Japanese. Japanese is more or less intricate characters with solid curved strokes, while this cipher (not language) is more or less harsh thin strokes with dots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

6. Post #6

April 2011
    4,553 Posts
    That's the Standard Galactic Alphabet from an old game series from the 90s, looks more like a sci-fi language, or even fantasy, than Japanese. Japanese is more or less intricate characters with solid curved strokes, while this cipher (not language) is more or less harsh thin strokes with dots.
    I was fooled by some of the characters looking suspiciously like Japanese ones. Look up some of the Japanese characters that represent syllables and tell me some of them aren't similar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Hate to state the obvious but I'm pretty sure enchantment is the thing Jeb mentioned when he said he wanted a way to make tools stronger.

8. Post #8
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts
    Waiting for discoveries
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    518 Posts
    Reposting

One of the armor enhancement makes it so you only take armor damage and not health damage from lava/fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Strange Member
    June 2005
    4,831 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,214 Posts
    Fishing pole can also be enchanted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    November 2008
    2,522 Posts
    Is "xyzzy" a reference to Deus Ex?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,214 Posts
    Is "xyzzy" a reference to Deus Ex?
    Nope.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,505 Posts
    I'd love to find an enchantment that allows fishing poles to set things on fire after hooking them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2011
    585 Posts
    I hope Jeb makes so that we can enhance bows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    Added to the OP, thanks

17. Post #17
    Doomed Game Psychic
    January 2005
    1,977 Posts
    I have a diamond blue glowing sword I spent 10 exp on. Not sure what it did yet though. Attacking monsters seems no different and blocking is as pointless as ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    262 Posts
    I have a diamond blue glowing sword I spent 10 exp on. Not sure what it did yet though. Attacking monsters seems no different and blocking is as pointless as ever.
    BUT IT'S FUCKING BLUE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    BUT IT'S FUCKING BLUE!
    Diamond's already blue :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2011
    172 Posts
    I enchanted my diamond sword with 11 skill points, now it takes 3 hits to kill a normal hostile mob.

Edited:

It also takes 3 critical hits.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    I enchanted my Iron Sword.

It seems to do nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #22

October 2011
    11 Posts
    Thx for ninjaing my original thread from the minecraftforum.net forums!

There is even no link to the original post - shame on you!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-enchantments/

The internet doesnt forget.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 69Funny Funny x 4Late Late x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,991 Posts
    Am I the only one that wishes that enchantment becomes simpler?

It's fairly annoying not knowing what you're going to get. Even when all the ones are known, it's still going to be tedious looking for the one you want.

I was hoping for a Add X to X, use X experience, and get the desired result.

I want a pickaxe that digs twice as fast and lasts twice as long, not one that prevents me from taking half a heart damage when attacked by a certain mob.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,047 Posts

Wow, OP is a faggot...

I mean he just copied the whole god damn thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #25

You're an idiot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26

October 2011
    11 Posts
    You're an idiot
    NO i am the guy who translated the whole stuff - created the pictures and wrote the whole damn thread.

The idiot is you not recognizing this and the OP who is a fukin faggot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17 (list)

27. Post #27
    NO i am the guy who translated the whole stuff - created the pictures and wrote the whole damn thread.

The idiot is you not recognizing this and the OP who is a fukin faggot.
    Why are you so bothered by somebody taking your content and not crediting you? It's not like you're going to become famous from this information, or write several books about it with movie deals left and right. Sure, it's an asshole move not to credit you, but there's really no need to get so riled up about it and take the time to register an account just to call the op a "fukin faggot"

I called you an idiot because of the The internet doesnt forget.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 20Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2011
    172 Posts
    Just ask the OP nicely to give you credit for the information.Edited:Oh, and it doesn't seem like Mojang has added any enchantments effects yet.

29. Post #29
    Doomed Game Psychic
    January 2005
    1,977 Posts
    Yup, enchanting right now is just to make your gear look pretty. I wish repairing an enchanted item would keep it's enchantment. Would make repairing actually a very valuable feature.

30. Post #30

October 2011
    11 Posts
    Just ask the OP nicely to give you credit for the information.[editline]
    I ask him? HE should ask me if i am ok with copy&pasting my created stuff!

but there's really no need to get so riled up about it and take the time to register an account just to call the op a "fukin faggot".[/b]
    No i just called him faggot in the 2nd post - the first one was about ninjaing! Then i replied to YOUR idiot answer. Dont twist the facts my friend. Keep your strange opinion - i dont care - but i care about copyright. But the OP DOESNT! He copied it yesterday, there are several mistakes in the topic which are corrected now in the original thread. But you can keep sharing wrong information in your forum.

Why are you so bothered by somebody taking your content and not crediting you? It's not like you're going to become famous from this information
    Famous? Who is talking about fame? What was the intention to the OP to open THIS thread? Becoming famous? You should really rethink your attitude.

In other forums you are called griefer, cheater, faker for ninjaing.

Oh and by the way the PICTURES are still hosted on MY SERVER .. means by posting my pictures here he uses MY WEBTRAFFIC .. my MONEY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,356 Posts
    Keep your strange opinion - i dont care - but i care about copyright. But the OP DOESNT! He copied it yesterday, there are several mistakes in the topic which are corrected now in the original thread. But you can keep sharing wrong information in your forum.
    What is with people's false delusions that they own a copyright on everything they post? Information should be free.

Yes, he copied your post verbatim, but it's also easier to copy content than it is to summarize the content in your own words. Don't get pissy just because someone is sharing the information you've already posted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32

October 2011
    11 Posts
    Don't get pissy just because someone is sharing the information you've already posted.
    Its not about the sharing .. its about not being ask. Its a unwritten rule in forums that you give some credits if you copy or share information.

I am outa here - this forum and its members attitude isnt worth bother any longer.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Leaving" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Funny Funny x 11 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,668 Posts
    oh man people are taking information on the internet and SHARING IT

what the FUCK man when did this start happening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 18Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    September 2010
    7,123 Posts
    Its not about the sharing .. its about not being ask. Its a unwritten rule in forums that you give some credits if you copy or share information.

I am outa here - this forum and its members attitude isnt worth bother any longer.
    You surely are from minecraftforums.net
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 18Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35

I'm with you, go back to the minecraft forums. At least the minecraft community is mature and respects people like us!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    Jesus christ, I agreed with that dude until his posts became slowly more stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2009
    496 Posts
    3 - fiddle of demon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2010
    2,309 Posts
    Why is it that the fishing pole can be enchanted but not a bow?

39. Post #39
    July 2011
    172 Posts
    Why is it that the fishing pole can be enchanted but not a bow?
    Because the bow isn't a degrading tool.

40. Post #40
    January 2010
    2,309 Posts
    Because the bow isn't a degrading tool.
    Ah, I see. I wish you could enchant it, even temporarily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)