1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    773 Posts
    Currently the best sources I can find are people's experiences until something official goes out:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/103169.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/97215/480231.aspx

Just got home and saw my Dad on his lunchbreak, told me he's checked his bank account and found that he's been charged for 6000 Microsoft Points under his gamertag. After cancelling the card etc. we checked xbox.com and found that his download history included something called a 'PREMIUM GOLD PACK' and his bank account listed having bought content for Fifa 12, a game neither he or I own.
    This isn't much of a news thread, since nothing official's gone out, but it seems plenty of people in the above threads are experiencing the same thing. I advise you check your bank accounts and purchase history. My own account seems to be safe, but that doesn't mean all of us are.

Let's just hope this isn't another PSN incident.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,818 Posts
    Holy crap. That is one widespread incident. I imagine LIVE support is going nuts right now.

3. Post #3
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,372 Posts
    Shit, my debit card is registered on XBL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Oh snap. Checking now.

Edited:

Er.. there's an update out. I'm guessing that's to fix this mess.

Edited:

Cool, I'm fine.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    Looks like I'm fine, no emails, no stuff on the account activity that I don't know about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)