1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts

(PSP screens)

The point of the game is to have an awesome pre-retail hl2 feeling, and the bonus psp version to fill your portable needs
    I will try to keep this thread full with as much content as I can, and will post screenshots/videos from time to time also...

http://www.moddb.com/games/conscript
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic x 73Winner x 55Funny x 3Agree x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2008
    956 Posts

I am sorry for the shortness of content/images-I will update the thread with newer in-game shots,and a better info page, I just wanted to post this here because I keep putting it off/forgetting. I am very tired, so I'll leave you guys off with this for now. I will fix up everything some more tomorrow. Enjoy
    Quality over Quantity is what I say. The stuff I see is pretty good, apart from the gun in the last screen. What exactly is it supposed to be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 38Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Quality over Quantity is what I say. The stuff I see is pretty good, apart from the gun in the last screen. What exactly is it supposed to be?
    It's a scrapped weapon from the beta.

I am fairly sure it's the XM29 OICW

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/XM29_OICW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

4. Post #4
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    Looks "original" to me, like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2011
    285 Posts
    HL2 on Gold Source (Quake engine yadda) has always been a fascinating idea IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 48Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,462 Posts
    PSP? Well that's amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 41Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Reminds me of Quake-Life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 23Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    The oicw in our game has a 40 round magazine, and the longer you hold fire, the more the fire rate increases, but the inaccuracy does the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative x 4Agree x 2Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    I've been looking for a good game to play on my modded PSP, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    I will try to show some psp gameplay soon, its just a bit annoying to get setup to record

11. Post #11
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    Looks really awesome, will it actually be a real game or a mod?

If it's a game, would Valve have any problems with you making a game based on their universe?

(it's an alternate universe but still their universe)

Are most of those screens PSP, PC, or a mixture of both?

If it is a game would it be free or how much would you charge for it?

I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with how developing for the PSP works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

12. Post #12
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    I will try to show some psp gameplay soon, its just a bit annoying to get setup to record
    Are you using Remotejoylite or just using a camera?

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    Looks really awesome, will it actually be a real game or a mod?

If it's a game, would Valve have any problems with you making a game based on their universe?

(it's an alternate universe but still their universe)

Are most of those screens PSP, PC, or a mixture of both?

If it is a game would it be free or how much would you charge for it?

I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with how developing for the PSP works
    1.A full game, not a mod

2.There is a game named left for quake, its about left4dead for the psp too. I am not using the name "half-life" in my game. I am using scaled down hl2 beta map textures, and 1 or 2 modified v models from the beta, but I honestly doubt valve will care. missing info was using beta content, and valve told them in 2009 they didn't care as long as it was free. I have sent valve 2-3 emails about this, I have had no reply so far. Valve has made soo much money on hl2 and their other series, I doubt they would mind me using some trashed content, and if they did, I would keep making development on conscript, it would just take me much longer without the map textures.
    There are tons of beta mods for hl2(most die out), and they haven't had any problems

3.Most screens are PC, haven't made any psp screens yet. I'll make some soon

4.Free game

========
    I am using remote joylite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    1.A full game, not a mod

2.There is a game named left for quake, its about left4dead for the psp too. I am not using the name "half-life" in my game. I am using scaled down hl2 beta map textures, and 1 or 2 modified v models from the beta, but I honestly doubt valve will care. missing info was using beta content, and valve told them in 2009 they didn't care as long as it was free. I have sent valve 2-3 emails about this, I have had no reply so far. Valve has made soo much money on hl2 and their other series, I doubt they would mind me using some trashed content, and if they did, I would keep making development on conscript, it would just take me much longer without the map textures.
    There are tons of beta mods for hl2(most die out), and they haven't had any problems so far

3.Most screens are PC, haven't made any psp screens yet. I'll make some soon

4.Free game

========
    I am using remote joylite
    Oh, okay

As long as it's totally free Valve shouldn't have any problems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2010
    1,064 Posts
    Good luck with it, maybe I'll need to get my psp out, I'm glad I left my custom firmware on. I had a quake 3 clone on it for a while.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    Good luck with it, maybe I'll need to get my psp out, I'm glad I left my custom firmware on. I had a quake 3 clone on it for a while.
    The real quake 3&2 is ported to the psp slim if you have it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,823 Posts
    Looks fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,024 Posts
    How convenient, I only just found out my PSP charger still works today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    Guys, check the little teaser 2 I made on moddb

20. Post #20
    September 2010
    6,550 Posts
    I don't want to sound like a graphic whore, but why did you choose this engine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,024 Posts
    I don't want to sound like a graphic whore, but why did you choose this engine?
    Because its going to be a PSP title and this is probably the easiest engine for an Indie dev to work on.

Edited:

Also I'm seriously digging that song in the Gauss demonstration, very Half-Life hope you can keep the rest of the OST on par.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2010
    6,550 Posts
    Because its going to be a PSP title and this is probably the easiest engine for an Indie dev to work on.

Edited:

Also I'm seriously digging that song in the Gauss demonstration, very Half-Life hope you can keep the rest of the OST on par.

Thank you for the explaination. I should mod my PSP and check out this game

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    The real quake 3&2 is ported to the psp slim if you have it
    Are you sure real Quake 3 exists for PSP? I remember requesting it on some PSP forum full of devs and they said it doesn't have enough RAM. Care to link me please?

Haha I found that thread about me asking googling "Quake 3 Arena PSP"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Zing Zing x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts

Edited:

Well, ATM we have vertex mapping, bump mapping, etc for the pc version, its a very easy to mod engine, and the qc is very elastic as well. I could literally just take the progs.dat from the pc version and use it on the psp. We will be using higher res textures later on. We have a 40 song OST, which we probably wont use ALL 40 songs in the game, but we'll see what happens

I forgot to add in the moddb link to the OP...... added

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,855 Posts
    I was following this for some time now. I think it looks great.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    Thanks. Planning on putting up a dm_borealis map walkthrough soon, but i'll wait until the teaser gets a little attention

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,691 Posts
    The oicw in our game has a 40 round magazine, and the longer you hold fire, the more the fire rate increases, but the inaccuracy does the same.
    but why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    but why
    In the beta, the longer you fired the oicw, the more inaccurate it got, so I wanted to do that, but make it a little more interesting

I thought it was a cool feature, being a combine weapon and all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    In the beta, the longer you fired the oicw, the more inaccurate it got, so I wanted to do that, but make it a little more interesting

I thought it was a cool feature, being a combine weapon and all
    that doesn't sound cool at all

remember that Valve scrapped the stuff for a reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 45Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BACON FETISH
    September 2008
    981 Posts
    This is a really interesting idea, can't wait to see more of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    that doesn't sound cool at all

remember that Valve scrapped the stuff for a reason
    Its been working out fine in-game. If it didn't play right, then I wouldn't have added it in as a feature :)
    There has been a majority liking of it on the team, and since the weapon eats ammo and has an insane fire rate when full auto is held down, I had to balance it out some how.

Debating to add this to the dm_borealis map as a multiplayer only weapon:

cool fact: those animations were originally from one of my scrapped game's sawn off shotgun animations, that I edited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,006 Posts
    I absolutely love the Original Hl2 story. I'll be following this. It looks great. Well done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    I absolutely love the Original Hl2 story. I'll be following this. It looks great. Well done.
    Our game has some major parts of the original story line, but keeps it fresh by changing up those parts and mixing in new ones.

34. Post #34
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    So does this actually stay loyal to Half Life's gameplay style? Are the enemies (like the headcrab and headcrab zombie) similar to, or exactly like in Half Life or did you make them more like they are in HL2?

and you keep mentioning "dm" maps, does that mean that there will be multiplayer? If so, what gamemodes will there be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    So does this actually stay loyal to Half Life's gameplay style? Are the enemies (like the headcrab and headcrab zombie) similar to, or exactly like in Half Life or did you make them more like they are in HL2?

and you keep mentioning "dm" maps, does that mean that there will be multiplayer? If so, what gamemodes will there be?
    We will have almost all hl2 enemies , beta enemies, etc. We have the gonome, houndeye, hydra, stalkers, headcrabs, etc. look at some of the moddb page videos/screenshots

Yes.There will be basic gamemodes such as CTF,TDM(like hl2:dm), DM, etc. A few I haven't mentioned yet are cremator ball(like dodge ball, insta kill if hit), gaurd gunner(one is the combine gaurd with gaurd gun, rest are conscripts),and more I don't want to spoil just yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,371 Posts
    I honestly don't see why you aren't using Quake 3 for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,539 Posts
    I honestly don't see why you aren't using Quake 3 for this
    You don't just "use quake 3", I have never worked with it/its model format, I'm sure its not as easy as QC to code, and I don't see what is wrong with the engine we use now. The quake 1 engine is so mold-able.

We have parallax mapping and bump mapping on the pc engine, and some pretty nifty effects on the psp as well.

I could just take the progs.dat from the pc, place it on the psp, and if all goes well it should just be the same as the PC version. Quake 3 psp barely runs on the slim psp, and I have no idea how to mod it.

One of the factors of this game is the ability to run on older computers/other systems easy.

Just because there is a larger number in front of the game's name doesn't mean the engine is better :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,691 Posts
    just because you don't know how to use it doesn't make it a worse engine :)

Edited:

so this is what happens when i post without sleeping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,111 Posts
    It makes it a reason not to use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 34Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    when did he say it was worse

he just said he would rather not try to use an engine he isn't familiar with
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)