1. Post #1
    October 2009
    3,235 Posts
    My name is Matt Kazan, most of you know me as Maxx. I joined the No More Room in Hell team in 2004 shortly after the release of Half-Life 2. I saw the mod evolve over time and and I watched as it went through many different iterations and hardships (4554). In January 2009 InzaneFlea and I were given control of the project from its founder Coleman Sweeney, and from scratch our dedicated team undertook the task of seeing it through to finally making a public release.

We have all worked hard and we’re proud of what we’ve done. The amount of work everyone on the team has put in has not gone unnoticed and the efforts in all departments have truly paid off, but it isn’t finished yet. We hope that you will enjoy the game and give us your feedback to help us make it the best that we can. We’ve even created this handy email for submitting bug reports: nomoreroominhelp@gmail.com

Ladies and gentlemen, as project manager it is my pleasure to present No More Room in Hell.

Primary Mirror:

Alternatively, you can use Desura for quick and easy install:

Alternate Mirror Windows Client (Team Sanctum) #1
    Alternate Mirror Windows Client (Fileserve) #2

Linux Server
    For those interested in hosting dedicated servers on Linux, you can get the files here:
    Linux Server Files (Team Sanctum)
    Linux Server Files (Fileserve)

Getting Started
    For new players it is recommended that you check out our NMRiH Wiki to read the Beginner’s Guide plus info on weapons and items and more. It will explain the basic gameplay mechanics and controls for NMRiH. It also includes tutorials for our custom entities in our FGD for those looking to create custom maps.

Just remember that this is NOT a final or finished product! NMRiH is still very much a work in progress. There are many planned features, maps and the Survival game mode which will be added in time. We are always looking for bugs and feedback on the game, visit our forums and let us know of your experiences while playing!

Special Thanks!
    I’d like to give a big thanks and a shoutout to all of the people past and present who have committed their valuable time to No More Room in Hell over the years. We wouldn’t have gotten this far without all of your many contributions big and small! There have been dozens of people from all over the world who have contributed to NMRiH in many different ways and much of their work and influence can still be found in the game!

I’d also like to thank RawCG for providing our dedicated servers for testing during our long development, and for providing us with the first six Official NMRiH Dedicated servers for public use!

http://www.nomoreroominhell.com/foru...0&#entry107312

http://www.moddb.com/mods/no-more-room-in-hell

http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 94Disagree x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Late x 1Funny x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2011
    197 Posts
    This could work as an indie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 20Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,887 Posts
    Fucking awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    Fucking FINALLY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,196 Posts
    Looks fucking amazing.

6. Post #6
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    3,863 Posts
    I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOREVER HOLY FUCK YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,196 Posts
    Was that Walter Sobchak as one of the characters?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    4,965 Posts
    I'm kind of getting sick of zombie games, but this does look pretty awesome.

Also is it just me or does it look like Walter from The Big Lebowski is one of the playable characters?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    9,864 Posts
    Fuck yes Walter. Can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,196 Posts
    This looks like it's going to be like Left 4 Dead only with less weapons everywhere, slower and more dangerous zombies and I guess less fast-paced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    6,861 Posts
    Holy shit this has been in development for like 7 years what the fuck, can't believe it's finally gonna be here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    16,135 Posts
    patrick bateman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2011
    399 Posts
    its finally being released? O.M.G O.M.G
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    October 2009
    3,235 Posts
    Yeah, it is nothing like l4d at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 24Disagree x 3Winner x 1Funny x 1Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    971 Posts
    DAMMIT I wanted to make the post, but you beat me to making the thread :( . Oh well, I hope you all enjoy the work we did on this! I can assure you that the team who made this is easily one of the best dev teams of any mod you will find yourself having played in the last ten years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    And here I thought that Episode 3/Half Life 3 would be released sooner than this.
    This mod better fucking deliver what it promised.

Big props for the few devs that worked on this from the very beginning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2007
    11 Posts
    Good job on releasing this guys.

I had great fun and learnt a lot when I worked on this mod and it was nice to see some of my models in the trailer. I am really please for the team as they are a great bunch of guys and I hope everyone enjoys playing the mod as much as I did working on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2010
    11,653 Posts
    Looks amazing, can't believe I never saw this before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2009
    5,359 Posts
    oomg yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,095 Posts
    Looks bloody marvellous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    December 2009
    2,212 Posts
    Awe shit, that means I have to finish my map for NMRIH before Monday if I want to get it in the release.
    This mod isnt really like l4d at all. The world is more open in a sense and have objectives to complete. Im a level designer on the team btw. I only wish that the sharp melee weapons could gib :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    166 Posts
    I remember following this years ago. I thought it was never going to be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,965 Posts
    Damn, talk about unexpected.

Not that I'm complaining of course, it looks awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    June 2011
    2,651 Posts
    first time I've heard of this, it looks really nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    December 2009
    7,936 Posts
    I just didn't expect it to be released this soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2009
    2,005 Posts
    Looks fucking awesome fucks sake fucking fucks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Good job on releasing this guys.

I had great fun and learnt a lot when I worked on this mod and it was nice to see some of my models in the trailer. I am really please for the team as they are a great bunch of guys and I hope everyone enjoys playing the mod as much as I did working on it.
    Hello Ian! Fancy seeing you on here

Edited:

On topic: Yay! About damn time!

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,769 Posts
    Well I'll be damned, I can't believe the day has finally come when NMRIH would see a release.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,026 Posts
    The gibbing and anims look a little sluggish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    August 2010
    457 Posts
    The gibbing and anims look a little sluggish.
    You can't expect to have L4D2 gibbing in HL2 engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Costa Rica Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Funny Funny x 10 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,737 Posts
    You can't expect to have L4D2 gibbing in HL2 engine.
    Both HL2 and L4D/2 run on the Source engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing x 21Dumb x 3Agree x 3Informative x 1Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2010
    457 Posts
    Both HL2 and L4D/2 run on the Source engine.
    YES, I meant the version HL2 uses.

Try to make a gibbing system like L4D2's and we'll see if you succeed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Costa Rica Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,442 Posts
    Man, this looks amazing. Will download

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,713 Posts

It's actually really easy. Remove polys in sphere, insert the wound model, and do sound and particle effects. I know it's possible to edit models on the fly but I have no idea how it's actually done via code.

Edit: Here's the Valve publication:
    http://valvesoftware.com/publication...l4d2wounds.pdf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    October 2010
    11,653 Posts

Obviously it's possible if you can code it

if it wasn't possible then L4D wouldn't be using Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Looks fun, it comes out the day when halloween starts or sometime this month?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2010
    457 Posts
    I never said it was impossible.

I mean it's a LOT of work. Not really easy to achieve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Costa Rica Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    February 2010
    5,903 Posts
    I hope it comes with an FGD, I am going to make so many Shaun of the Dead bars and Day of the Dead bunkers, it will be ridiculous.

The gameplay of it reminds me a lot of Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    1,340 Posts
    This looks really good. Can't wait to try it. I've been looking for a good zombie fix; Left 4 Dead just isn't doing it for me anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,645 Posts
    Oh my god

yes

yes

YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)