1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,520 Posts

The population of the UK is on course to reach 70 million over the next 16 years, official figures suggest. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said it was set to rise from 62.3 million in 2010 to 67.2 million by 2020 and 73.2 million by 2035.

It says just over two-thirds of the projected increase from 2010 to 2035 is either directly or indirectly due to migration.

This will be due to people entering the UK, and also their future offspring.

The ONS statistics say this change may be 47% directly attributable to future migration and a further 21% indirectly due to future migrants' children being born in the country.
    The effect of immigration is also expected to have an increasing impact.

Some 2.1 million (44%) of the increase over the next 10 years could be down to net migration, the ONS added.
    The remaining 2.8 million (56%) is a projected natural increase as a result of births outstripping deaths.

Projections for net immigration have been revised up by 20,000 to 200,000 a year since the last estimates two years ago.

The projected UK population by 2020 is 0.7 million (1%) higher than the statistics suggested two years ago.

The average age of people in the UK is also set to rise from 39.7 years in 2010 to 39.9 years in 2020 and 42.2 years by 2035.

The number aged over 85 is expected more than double over 25 years from 1.4 million in 2010 to 1.9 million by 2020 and 3.5 million by 2035.

Those people aged 90 and above is projected to more than triple by 2035, and the number aged at least 95 is projected to more than quadruple.

The government has said it wants to cut non-EU immigration from about 200,000 to "tens of thousands" by 2015 through an immigration cap.

Immigration Minister Damian Green said: "Immigration to the UK has been too high.

"That's why we have made sweeping changes to get a grip on immigration in this country, closing down routes subject to abuse and taking action against those with no right to be here.

"As people return home this evening crammed into public transport and on congested roads, they could well ask where all of these people are going to fit."

"A managed migration policy can be a major part of the solution to the problems the UK faces."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15461579
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 India Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    The BNP is going to go apeshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 35 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    8,631 Posts
    Calling it now, Great Britain sinks into the Atlantic when it hits 100 million.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 39Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    24,984 Posts
    Isn't it going bankrupt or something, though? I know I saw an article somewhere about financial issues...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    And noone will listen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    24,984 Posts
    Atlantis!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    It's already sinking. Haven't you seen those things called fountains?

Those are leaks in the ground and evidence we are sinking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 73Zing Zing x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,095 Posts
    Where they going to fit? Easy.
    Drive out the locals by driving up housing prices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,488 Posts
    When in doubt, build up

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,475 Posts
    I plan to immigrate out of here the first chance I get so that's one less to worry about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Zing Zing x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    We really need to kerb immigration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,439 Posts
    The year.. is 2027.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    and yet only 9 million live in huge sweden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,285 Posts
    Around 10% of my town are polish

15. Post #15
    January 2010
    3,914 Posts
    and yet only 9 million live in huge sweden
    problem solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,139 Posts
    I plan to immigrate out of here the first chance I get so that's one less to worry about.
    you mean emigrate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2009
    2,060 Posts
    I have a feeling that UK is going to have big problems in the future...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,191 Posts
    When in doubt, build up
    Or try what some cold countries do and build structures beneath the ground. There's lots of space downwards, although different foundations are required for deep buildings.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,064 Posts
    Its ok I was hoping to be in Canada by then anyway.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,520 Posts
    We really need to kerb immigration.
    We can only cap non-EU immigrants, due to the 'freedom of movement' right, we cannot cap EU immigrants

21. Post #21
    December 2007
    1,205 Posts
    Problems inbound!

22. Post #22
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,180 Posts
    I really dont have a problem with immigrants, no matter who they are. Besides gypsies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    I really dont have a problem with immigrants, no matter who they are. Besides gypsies.
    I'm on the fence. It did make me feel a bit let down to be driving through Birmingham and literally not see a single white Brit for a good 10 minutes. Immigration does benefit the country but not when entire sections of the country are taken over by people who don't seem to want to intergrate with the rest of the UK. I don't like feeling like a foreigner in my country of birth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,777 Posts
    The year.. is 2027.
    I laughed, then I saw the title again...And then I remember the last movie that had this problem also was set in 2027.

:psyduck.:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,061 Posts
    When in doubt, build up
    We tried that in the 70's, it was shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

26. Post #26
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,574 Posts
    No we will not accept your convicts and other people in our country
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I'm on the fence. It did make me feel a bit let down to be driving through Birmingham and literally not see a single white Brit for a good 10 minutes.
    Why is that a problem?

Is your problem with having too many of 'them' or ghettoisation or what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    Why is that a problem?

Is your problem with having too many of 'them' or ghettoisation or what
    More ghettoisation, the contrast between two parts of town on the same stretch of road was unbelievable. Why should we split towns up when the idea of immigration is multiculturism is for all parties to participate rather than these shut-off parts of town where a white guy genuinley does look and feel out of place. I'm sure you could walk down the street without a problem but I guess it's changing the image of Britain's streets which look more unwelcoming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,890 Posts
    Oh well I was considering moving to Canada anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Britain's streets which look more unwelcoming.
    But then isn't the problem with you? not them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    Too bad it's the foreigners buying up the houses!

Neoliberalism what have you done!?

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,296 Posts
    Oh well I was considering moving to Canada anyway.
    Have you any family there? I'm considering it too but it all depends on whether they actually want you, skilled migrants will find it much easier to get in. I think alot of people assume that Canada will just let you in if you ask nicely, Americans seem to do this alot. The UK is beginning to run out of space though.

33. Post #33
    June 2011
    8,631 Posts
    Have you any family there? I'm considering it too but it all depends on whether they actually want you, skilled migrants will find it much easier to get in. I think alot of people assume that Canada will just let you in if you ask nicely, Americans seem to do this alot. The UK is beginning to run out of space though.
    Canada has strict immigration stuff?

That seems kind of strange, I mean they're the second largest country on the planet, you'd think they'd want more people.

I mean they have 34 million people, and nearly 1 billion KM of land.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,731 Posts
    Isn't it going bankrupt or something, though? I know I saw an article somewhere about financial issues...
    Bad debt 10 years after paying off all our national debt because of bailing out the banks. Thanks, American financial system! However, the UK is far from going bankrupt, my boy. It helps that we still have an AAA credit rating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Bad debt 10 years after paying off all our national debt because of bailing out the banks. Thanks, American financial system! However, the UK is far from going bankrupt, my boy. It helps that we still have an AAA credit rating.
    He's talking about a political party...

36. Post #36
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,117 Posts
    Fucking disgusting. England is a fucking pisstake we need to stricten up, instead of having all of these cunts coming and leeching off our economy. Yeah, that's the Poles/Turkish, they live off benefits and often commit benefit fraud, they need to fucking sort England out for Gods sake. As soon as I'm 18 I'm fucking out of here, hopefully my family too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,180 Posts
    Fucking disgusting. England is a fucking pisstake we need to stricten up, instead of having all of these cunts coming and leeching off our economy. Yeah, that's the Poles/Turkish, they live off benefits and often commit benefit fraud, they need to fucking sort England out for Gods sake. As soon as I'm 18 I'm fucking out of here, hopefully my family too.
    Okay Nick Griffin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2011
    876 Posts
    Really need to get a hold on immigration, countries are just land nowadays, you can live anywhere... No culture anymore.

Edited:

With you man, will be going to Germany or Russia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    It did make me feel a bit let down to be driving through Birmingham and literally not see a single white Brit for a good 10 minutes.
    what a ridiculous thing to be let down by.

Edited:

Really need to get a hold on immigration, countries are just land nowadays, you can live anywhere... No culture anymore.
    that's how it's always been
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    I'm descended from Polish immigrants, and I can assure you they are fine hard working people whom immigrated in the 1970s. (My mother and grandparents being Polish.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)