1. Post #1
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,641 Posts
    [release]

Since October 7, 2011. NewBee and I have been working on a revision of JailBreak from scratch.

If you don't know what JailBreak is then here's the down low about it.

Their are two teams. Guards and Inmates(Prisoners). Prisoners are give order by the guards. Warden(Guards) decides what the prisoners do. When it finally gets down to 1 prisoner, then a last request is given. It's full of twists and turns depending on the warden but overall is very fun and entertaining.

Screenshots

What is left to be done?
    - Last Request
    [/release]

[release]
    Team members
    Excl(_NeewBee) - lua
    Aide - lua
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King x 13Dumb x 2Artistic x 2Funny x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    I am wondering why that map is fullbright for you. It's not full bright for me.

Edited:

And we're looking for storywriters. IF you think you can come up with some entertaining prisoner or guard stories let me know. The current ones are pretty much placeholders.

Edited:

This is my current todo list:
    - Make help menu
    - yes-no voting system core
    - mapconfig swep for setting spawns for players and weapons manually
    - weapon selection (1-2-3-4 menu)

Just finished last requests.

Edited:

And ofcource I still need to fix my weapon base up a little, with some tweaks to the values.

Edited:

It's probably full bright because you just tested your silly climb game mode with the shitty maps, aide.

3. Post #3
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,277 Posts
    -FUCKING SNIP-

Looks great! I can try to help with stories if you'd like.

4. Post #4
    May 2011
    95 Posts
    I played a little JB on CS:S was good fun if not too many kids were on it, will this use existing JB maps?

5. Post #5
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    It will use whatever looks good. I'm mainly a mapper so I might find it fun to make a map for it at some point.

6. Post #6
    May 2011
    95 Posts
    That would be good, the old JB maps are looking a bit out dated so new content is always good plus we have the powers of GMOD to make this better then CS:S ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    That's true but it will cost me time, which I don't know I will have.

8. Post #8
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Wow, it looks awesome!

I'm glad, I've been wanting to play some Garrysmod Jailbreak ever since I shut down PiRATBYRAN but I don't feel like rebooting the community

When do you think you'll have some servers up then?

9. Post #9
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    I can put up servers whenever I want. I'm just waiting a little because I think first impressions are very important.

Also I really liked your jailbreak Kopimi, except the point where you banned me cause you tought I was some kind of spy out to steal your ideas

10. Post #10
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    I can put up servers whenever I want. I'm just waiting a little because I think first impressions are very important.

Also I really liked your jailbreak Kopimi, except the point where you banned me cause you tought I was some kind of spy out to steal your ideas
    Yeah putting up a server too early pretty much kills any hype for the gamemode.

I was going to say, I could upload my Jailbreak in case you wanted to check how anything was done, but it was really a mess of a gamemode anyway

And yeah sorry for that, once the drama with that other "clan" or whatever started up I didn't want much to do with anyone linked to it
    I think I'm better off handling the scripting, rather than the servers

11. Post #11
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    This is not my first jail breaking game mode. I could pretty much look it up in other projects if needed. Thanks for the offer though.

12. Post #12
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    7,643 Posts
    My friend was working on a jb gamemode for GMOD, didn't get very far.

This looks nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    My friend was working on a jb gamemode for GMOD, didn't get very far.

This looks nice.
    Thank you.

14. Post #14
    February 2009
    1,355 Posts
    This looks really nice. Great job on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts

(click to view bigger version)

Weapon selections.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Great job. I love Jailbreak gamemodes and this one looks very cool. Just out of curiousity, will this ever be released or used on a certain server? Because I would love to play/run this gamemode.

17. Post #17
    October 2009
    5,677 Posts
    HOT

18. Post #18
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    Great job. I love Jailbreak gamemodes and this one looks very cool. Just out of curiousity, will this ever be released or used on a certain server? Because I would love to play/run this gamemode.
    We will release it if we can't handle it on one server. (as in, it's always full)

20. Post #20
    November 2010
    170 Posts
    Just

Epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    We will release it if we can't handle it on one server. (as in, it's always full)
    I don't understand the people. If you aren't going to release the gamemode WHY THE HELL DO YOU POST IT!.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    What would you prefer? 100 servers with 2 players or one with a lot of players?

I will release it as soon as it hits off. But not right away.

23. Post #23
    What would you prefer? 100 servers with 2 players or one with a lot of players?

I will release it as soon as it hits off. But not right away.
    I'd prefer to manage my own server and moderate it because i know what happens with offical servers.

And i'd prefer to play with my friends in my own language (spanish) instead of in an official server with shitty players and in English, you know.

So as i said, i don't see the point of this post if isn't going to be released till the end of the world.

kkthnxbb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,580 Posts
    I can always come with great stories for guards or prisoners, but I'm still not the best one at spelling. C:

25. Post #25
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    Shit, finally. Been looking for a new JB after Lifepunches/Kopimi's both went down. Good luck with this.

26. Post #26
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    I'd prefer to manage my own server and moderate it because i know what happens with offical servers.

And i'd prefer to play with my friends in my own language (spanish) instead of in an official server with shitty players and in English, you know.

So as i said, i don't see the point of this post if isn't going to be released till the end of the world.

kkthnxbb
    Obviously the only reason we're not releasing it at first is to keep you from speaking spanish and playing with your friends.

Edited:

I can always come with great stories for guards or prisoners, but I'm still not the best one at spelling. C:
    PM me some
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2010
    2,580 Posts
    Just one question, do you want me to use a random name or what?

28. Post #28
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    Just one question, do you want me to use a random name or what?
    All my names are based off community members. but you can use any name or situation you like, just try to keep it realistic and take 3 screenshots with that character. He must have a specific (player) model. He must have some things he is good at in the story, because the point of picking a character is that each character has different perks and downsides. Try not to have double models. The last screenshot must be a closeup to the face of your character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    Added picking up items (click the image to enhance)

30. Post #30
    August 2011
    46 Posts
    Looks visually appealing, great systems so far, and its not even in Beta. Good work so far :3. Keep it up, pl0x, getting tired of the JB servers so far on Gmod.

31. Post #31
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    Any suggestions? I'm not quite sure what to add next.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,224 Posts
    Any suggestions? I'm not quite sure what to add next.
    Oh your excl, I know you, wow I've been watching this gamemode develop for a while, great work.

33. Post #33
    April 2010
    2,580 Posts
    All my names are based off community members. but you can use any name or situation you like, just try to keep it realistic and take 3 screenshots with that character. He must have a specific (player) model. He must have some things he is good at in the story, because the point of picking a character is that each character has different perks and downsides. Try not to have double models. The last screenshot must be a closeup to the face of your character.
    Thanks for the info. I'll start writing it as soon as I'm available.

34. Post #34
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    Thanks for the info. I'll start writing it as soon as I'm available.
    Good luck, it's harder than you think.

35. Post #35
    April 2010
    2,580 Posts
    I just figured out that it was hard, but at least I gave it a try C:

36. Post #36
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    Sam "Womanizer" Wikinson

Everybody knows Sam. He used to go town to town buying women drinks,
    attempting to flirt and get laid.
    Ironically, Sam Wikinson is not a womanizer. He is a multi-thousandaire
    living in his parents basement. Unfortunately, he is also a virgin.
    Legend has it that Sam got so desperate that he went into an old lady
    nursing home, masking the fact that he wanted to fuck one of these
    'fine' ladies, and went into a room where Mariana Lousiana was on her
    deathbead. Her dying wish was that he'd take care of her.. but instead
    he fucked her brains out. Not only that, but her grandson pressed
    charges, making him lose his erm, fortune.
    The cops arrested him, and was found guilty. He now spends most days
    in his fantasy world, longing to get out and lick a pigeons asshole.
    So when his friends think about breaking out, he joins in.

Original writing here.. It's pretty fucked up, involving a newborn baby. You get the picture:

http://pastebin.com/VxhQggcv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2011
    46 Posts
    Wow, thats just... disturbing, but amazing story for a JB Server.

38. Post #38
    Cool Kid
    December 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Looks fun, can't wait to play. Also hey there Clark :)

39. Post #39
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,715 Posts
    Sam "Womanizer" Wikinson

Everybody knows Sam. He used to go town to town buying women drinks,
    attempting to flirt and get laid.
    Ironically, Sam Wikinson is not a womanizer. He is a multi-thousandaire
    living in his parents basement. Unfortunately, he is also a virgin.
    Legend has it that Sam got so desperate that he went into an old lady
    nursing home, masking the fact that he wanted to fuck one of these
    'fine' ladies, and went into a room where Mariana Lousiana was on her
    deathbead. Her dying wish was that he'd take care of her.. but instead
    he fucked her brains out. Not only that, but her grandson pressed
    charges, making him lose his erm, fortune.
    The cops arrested him, and was found guilty. He now spends most days
    in his fantasy world, longing to get out and lick a pigeons asshole.
    So when his friends think about breaking out, he joins in.

Original writing here.. It's pretty fucked up, involving a newborn baby. You get the picture:

http://pastebin.com/VxhQggcv
    Added. Thank you.

Edited:

A bit more serious stories would be nice starting from now.

40. Post #40
    I hide under your bed
    Dennab
    July 2011
    1,877 Posts
    John "Piss Man" Hitler

John used to sell illegal Weed Milk on the black market. Until one day, hie tripped over his own huge balls and crushed a young child to death. Now he's facing a life sentence behind bars for illegal weed milking and posession of Very Large Balls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)