1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,765 Posts

OP UNDER CONSTRUCTION

You can sign up on the website and reserve your pilot name
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/10/1-r...pilot-name-now

And for all you free born toads that want to play MW4 with us follow this guide

Get the MTX Extract and Patch utility from here

Download the full .0028 setup file. Use the extract and patch utility on that.

Then download non mtx .0028 to .0029 here.

Then download non mtx .0029 to .0030 here.

Then you want to download both the .0030a hotfix and the .0030c hotfix

All downloads can be found here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 81Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,145 Posts
    yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    The only f2p game I would pay money for would be a Mechwarrior game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

4. Post #4
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,166 Posts
    i'd kill to pay for the ability to add my own art on to my mech and spruce it up to be however i want it to be

goatse mech OH MY

i'd definitely pay money for this though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Loved Mechwarrior 4, I can remember looking at the Mechwarrior 5 trailer and acting like:

"wow those must be the best graphics ever"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,808 Posts
    I'm thinking this will turn out like (an actually well made) world of tanks with mechs. My body is not ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,272 Posts
    F2P MMO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I mean there's hope since it's mechwarrior but god damn F2P games aren't F2P. This usually also means less graphically capabilities and I was all excited 2 years ago at the release of that trailer. IMO the F2P model right from the get go is generally a bad idea, I'd love a singleplayer mechwarrior game with awesome graphics and a good campaign.

Not saying this is crap just... not quite what I wanted. I think the articles earlier that said "new mechwarrior is PC exclusive" got me all hyped up... wasn't expecting F2P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,808 Posts

I mean there's hope since it's mechwarrior but god damn F2P games aren't F2P. This usually also means less graphically capabilities
    You know the gameplay footage they showed in the original trailer? That game is being recycled into this. If you can't figure it out, it means god-tier graphics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,272 Posts
    You know the gameplay footage they showed in the original trailer? That game is being recycled into this. If you can't figure it out, it means god-tier graphics
    First off that was 2 years ago and probably wasn't in game / engine. Secondly if they want to market it to as many people as possible you keep the required specs low, just like a paid MMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,808 Posts
    Make it like BF3. Console specs for minimum settings, with huge graphics improvements on Ultra.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,765 Posts
    Oh calm the hell down.

I mean there's hope since it's mechwarrior but god damn F2P games aren't F2P.
    I can assure you they are, yeah some might be easier if you pay but that's the point of paying, you can still play them.

This usually also means less graphically capabilities and I was all excited 2 years ago at the release of that trailer.
    Not necessarily, Most developers that do F2P games have a low budget and few staff to work on a superduper engine so most tend to be simpler looking games, this is changing now that more larger companies are getting into the F2P market.

IMO the F2P model right from the get go is generally a bad idea,
    Tell that to the developers making loads of money off this payment model, Tell that to Valve.

I'd love a singleplayer mechwarrior game with awesome graphics and a good campaign.
    As do I, and I am still a little dispointed by no campaign, but hey, if this game does well we might get a MW5.

Not saying this is crap just... not quite what I wanted. I think the articles earlier that said "new mechwarrior is PC exclusive" got me all hyped up... wasn't expecting F2P
    Don't think anyone was.

First off that was 2 years ago and probably wasn't in game / engine. Secondly if they want to market it to as many people as possible you keep the required specs low, just like a paid MMO.
    The announcement trailer was running in engine on Unreal 3 (if I remember correctly) and we all know how that runs on ok computers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    August 2009
    2,836 Posts

I mean there's hope since it's mechwarrior but god damn F2P games aren't F2P. This usually also means less graphically capabilities and I was all excited 2 years ago at the release of that trailer. IMO the F2P model right from the get go is generally a bad idea, I'd love a singleplayer mechwarrior game with awesome graphics and a good campaign.

Eh, I'm a bit apprehensive as well, but it could go either way to be honest. If it turns out to be good I'll probably play it though. At least I'll add it to the list of other interesting MMOs coming out that I want to try, along with planetside 2 and maybe guild wars 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member

November 2005
    765 Posts
    Fifty bucks it's gonna end like TF2 and have items on the cash shop that affect gameplay.

They could of went indie, but nooo...they turned it into a fucking mmo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,304 Posts
    This is fucking awesome. They already said all gameplay altering upgrades will be earnable through gameplay.

I've got really high hopes for this -- enlisted my pilot already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #15
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,166 Posts
    Fifty bucks it's gonna end like TF2 and have items on the cash shop that affect gameplay.

They could of went indie, but nooo...they turned it into a fucking mmo
    they just said they aren't doing that

way to read the thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,386 Posts
    I hope that if they implement the Clans later on, they are not game-breakingly powerful like they are in the boardgame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,765 Posts
    Oh and the game now place in 3049 instead of 3015, so you know what that means!

[release][h2]CLAN MECHS!!![/h2][/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,386 Posts
    3049 is before the Clan invasion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

19. Post #19
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,808 Posts
    Oh and the game now place in 3049 instead of 3015, so you know what that means!

Who would want to be CLANNER SCUM anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2010
    3,090 Posts
    You have no idea how happy this makes me.

With what I've read, the game will have a live timeline. That means that although the Clans wont be in the game at launch, the Clan invasion WILL happen during the course of the games lifespan. Read the PC Gamer interview if you want to know more.

I have to say, I don't usually look forward to many games anymore because of the massive commercialization and business aspect that dominates games these days. It's very rare that you have a group of people who are working on a game because it's their passion, the game that they've always wanted to make. Reading the website and interviews, it's very apparent that these guys love Battletech. They have a ton of great ideas such as the whole intel aspect and the way missiles are now handled. I can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,765 Posts
    So we have this concept of the Inner Sphere, which is galaxy that the BattleTech universe takes place in. And there’s a lot change that happens starting in the year 3048 and right up until 3067. And we wanted our game there because our timeline is live.

So the minute this game goes live, every day that passes in our world, it passes live in the Inner Sphere world. So August 1st 2012 is August 1st, 3049. And so we had a live content stream with a live, evolving universe going on as time progresses. We wanted to set it during that period of time because there’s a lot of change. The Clans come down, they invade, there’s the introduction of new technology. There’s lots of story pieces that are happening, and lots of territory change.
    Wow ok, so as the days go by the game advances, with new content being added into the game via this streaming system.

so we will have access to new mechs and equipment as we go forward (possibly clan stuff eventually.)

Oh and the Clan invasion starts in august 3049, which is why the game is coming out this summer, to sync up with the clan invasion timeline.

Brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2007
    1,133 Posts
    Wow ok, so as the days go by the game advances, with new content being added into the game via this streaming system.

so we will have access to new mechs and equipment as we go forward (possibly clan stuff eventually.)

Oh and the Clan invasion starts in august 3049, which is why the game is coming out this summer, to sync up with the clan invasion timeline.

Brilliant.
    which means no excuses for delays if they decide to follow this format
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #23
    I asked Obama about Facepunch and all I got was molested by the Secret Service
    December 2009
    4,144 Posts
    I've never played a MechWarrior game. The only thing I played that resembles it is Armored Core are they anything alike?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member

November 2005
    765 Posts
    they just said they aren't doing that

way to read the thread
    I read the thread thank you very much. I'm still gonna ask for you to look back. They ALL said that and look what happens.

I still believe they had a chance of going indie. Alot of fans would buy it if they had a beta version with at least skirmish.

If they do urban combat, then it's gonna be shit. Refer back to Mechwarrior 4's Urban missions and you'll understand what I mean. For those who have never played the 4th, The urban missions were cramped as hell and felt like shit.

I've never played a MechWarrior game. The only thing I played that resembles it is Armored Core are they anything alike?
    Mechwarrior is more strategy-based.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,027 Posts
    >Equip best LR weapons on best mech
    >Alpha Strike the SHIT out of everyone before they can touch you
    >Fuck heat because you'll be so far away you'll be able to wait it out.

Also

BUT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE GONE ON RECORD AND SAID THAT PAY FOR ITEMS WILL ONLY BE COSMETIC IN NATURE AND ANYTHING THAT EFFECTS ACTUAL GAMEPLAY WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME.
    Not gonna happen, they're going to go back on this with SOMETHING. Then it will snowball into a pay2win MMO. See 95% of all F2P MMO's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    755 Posts
    Core tenets from interviews:

--First-person, no third-person
    --Simulation as a core principle (Mechwarrior 2-4)
    --Staying away from the arcadey-ness of MechAssault
    --Trailer was a demonstration for the potential multiplatform title; whatever's in that trailer will still be applicable to MWO
    --Free-to-play was a direct conclusion to the circumstances. Microsoft wouldn't allow MW on PS3/Wii. Publishers liked, but weren't willing to publish, a MW5 on just 360/PC. Such was the economy in 2009.
    --No gameplay-influencing paid items
    --Four-man lances
    --Meta-game mercenary corporations composed of lances; much like guilds or EVE corps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,079 Posts
    Information warfare? If that's so I'm hoping that radio-electronic combat will play a role (e.g. jamming communications and possible feints and deception).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2010
    2,153 Posts
    I need this.

Still play mechwarrior 3, both the singleplayer (One of the best progressive campaigns ever made) and Online, well simulated LAN.

Adding the background details for even more customisation and your own lance and well. I'm sold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,475 Posts
    Information warfare? If that's so I'm hoping that radio-electronic combat will play a role (e.g. jamming communications and possible feints and deception).
    That kind of thing will be really important in urban combat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Radar jamming and decoys on scouts would be amazing, being able to deter a squad because their radar tells them there are 15 tanks and some mechs around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,569 Posts
    Fuck yes.
    AND IT WON'T EVEN BE PAY TO WIN!
    That spells awesome to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,765 Posts
    >Equip best LR weapons on best mech
    >Alpha Strike the SHIT out of everyone before they can touch you
    >Fuck heat because you'll be so far away you'll be able to wait it out.

Have fun in urban combat, which this game is going to favor slightly as to not give assault mechs the advantage every time.

So you have fun overheating while a Commando shoots your legs off

Also

Not gonna happen, they're going to go back on this with SOMETHING. Then it will snowball into a pay2win MMO. See 95% of all F2P MMO's.
    maybe, maybe not, we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,040 Posts
    I have no idea what Mechwarrior is, but it's got mechs. Super sneaky mech with radio jammer and all kinds of information warfare equipment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,765 Posts
    I have no idea what Mechwarrior is, but it's got mechs. Super sneaky mech with radio jammer and all kinds of information warfare equipment.
    are these things that please you?

35. Post #35
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,040 Posts
    No, I just like being the sneaky bastard that disrupts shit everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,292 Posts
    Haven't played any MW games but will try this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    November 2010
    1,377 Posts
    Finally. Now, we only have to wait until the mid of the next year to can play it (if it doesnt gat delayed).

MechWarrior 4 Vengance and MechCommander 2 were the games that played in my childhood, and it were great.

I want to believe that it will be a good game, balanced in all the aspects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

38. Post #38
    May 2009
    1,290 Posts
    i registered. i love the mechwarrior series seeing how i grew up with it.

GHOST BEAR FOR EVER!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,151 Posts
    Looks like they finally gave the Atlas actual fingers instead of the molded fists it had now.

What does a battlemech need manipulators for though? They aren't like Gears from Heavy Gear or wanzers from Front Mission that hold weapons in their hands, so they're kind of superfluous.

Anyways I hope we can still blow up weapons by shooting their ammo compartments and I also hope kiddies don't whine endlessly about legging like they do in MWLL. It's valid combat tactic, deal with it.

No, I just like being the sneaky bastard that disrupts shit everywhere
    Get a Raven then.They're like the spies of MW: sneaky, annoying, and easily squashed by everything.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,386 Posts
    What does a battlemech need manipulators for though? They aren't like Gears from Heavy Gear or wanzers from Front Mission that hold weapons in their hands, so they're kind of superfluous.
    Hands are a carryover from the boardgame, BattleTech. In the boardgame, hands allow you to punch for more damage (or accuracy, forgot), right your mech more easily when it's fallen over, and pick up objects on the battlefield (such as your enemy's fallen arm, so you can use it as a club to bash their cockpit in).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)