1. Post #1
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    The little co-op tower defense action game that could, Dungeon Defenders, has achieved 250,000 sales... it sold 200K units on PC alone, accounting for 80% of sales.

Trendy plans to continue supporting the title with community events for PS3 and Xbox 360 players, with details found in the gallery below (or downloadable here). The events will include special game modes with the devs and a chance to win unique loot.
    His quote:

Releasing on PC first is also a financial disaster as piracy rates will angle half-pirates (those people who buy console game but pirate pc ones because its 'easier') into not buying a console version and instead pirating the game for PC simply to have that game at that instant instead of waiting for a console version
    Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Zing Zing x 30Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,254 Posts
    What can I say, there's always demand for good home entertainment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    8,358 Posts
    So they're only going to do community events for barely 20% of the players?

What idiots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2009
    4,091 Posts
    I guess you could call the people who bought it...

PC Gaming Defenders.

Okay that was bad and I feel bad.

But it's good that they're seeing such high sales, especially when they feared piracy.

Maybe they should add a Pirate class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2009
    1,415 Posts
    Pretty predictable, PC audiences are generally more open to indie and download-only games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    12,699 Posts
    i find it funny that without the PC version, his game probably wouldn't be a big success for his company
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,345 Posts
    i find it funny that without the PC version, his game probably wouldn't be a big success for his company
    I didn't even know it launched until the PC version came out and all my friends had it on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

8. Post #8
    Fudders
    September 2010
    3,233 Posts
    So they're only going to do community events for barely 20% of the players?

What idiots.
    PC did get the free dlc halloween update though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,877 Posts
    I don't understand the article. Is this pro-pc or against pc?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    862 Posts
    I don't understand the article. Is this pro-pc or against pc?
    He was against it, taking EA's "They'll all just pirate it" stance, but now the amount of money they're making is making him eat his words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)