1. Post #1
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Hello fellow TF2 players.

Are you sick of thoses restriction that make you unable to wear your fancy wings you fought for in the underworld with 20hp left ? Are you tired of your backpack full of pretty cool items you can't wear more than 3 days a month ?

Well, gentlemans, pyros and whatever you are. Behold ! There is your solution.

By installing this mod serverside (I mean the host of the server, if you host a listen server with some friend you can install it on your client and it'll work) you'll allow every restricted items related to "Halloween/fullmoon" to be weared and shown by anyone who is connecting to the server.
    Also, when peoples are connecting they don't even need to download a file, it is all serverside.

http://dttcorp.fr/cbast/scripts/Ever...ween_items.rar

I might be late I don't know. I think peoples already know that we can do that but that may help those who ignore that. (I hope).

I haven't tested on a dedicated server for a while, but the last time I tried it worked. (So if someone can confirm).

Also if this is has already been posted, I do apologize.

PS: I plan to post it on SPUF, who wants to bet it will be deleted like the pl_upward glitches thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 23Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    9,783 Posts
    Or, you know...
    tf_forced_holiday 2

Did it last summer on my server. I was wearing the horsemann head just fine, and people saw it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,776 Posts
    Or, you know...
    tf_forced_holiday 2

Did it last summer on my server. I was wearing the horsemann head just fine, and people saw it.
    yeah but this will bypass dealing with the lame taunt no?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2011
    9,783 Posts
    yeah but this will bypass dealing with the lame taunt no?
    That's true, I guess.

5. Post #5
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,106 Posts
    Or, you know...
    tf_forced_holiday 2

but tf_forced_holiday enables everything to do with the halloween event, what if this mod just makes the hats visible despite the holdiay restriction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Mhh I didn't know that command. How does it work. (I can't seem to make it work, any advice ?)

I entered either forced_holiday 2 and 3, changed level each time and that kind of stuff. Didn't worked.

7. Post #7
    March 2011
    9,783 Posts
    Mhh I didn't know that command. How does it work. (I can't seem to make it work, any advice ?)

I entered either forced_holiday 2 and 3, changed level each time and that kind of stuff. Didn't worked.
    It's tf_forced_holiday, and are you the owner/admin?

8. Post #8
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    It's tf_forced_holiday, and are you the owner/admin?
    Yeah that's what I meant. And I'm on a local server so I am the server.

9. Post #9
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,776 Posts
    it's all pretty safe to run on a public server yeah?

it does replace an official.txt doesn't it?

10. Post #10
    March 2011
    9,783 Posts
    Ohh, I see what this does.
    It uses items_game.txt to change the files so they aren't restricted. It's safe if you know what you're doing.

11. Post #11
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    it's all pretty safe to run on a public server yeah?

it does replace an official.txt doesn't it?
    It replace the items_game.txt file which contain most of the items stuff. If that file is messed up you can have serious bug about weapons stats. But I didn't modified anything than the restriction so it's safe.

Ninja'd, I should be able to rate me clock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

June 2011
    202 Posts
    Or just make a quick plugin that turns on TFHoliday:HalloweenOrFullMoon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2009
    644 Posts
    Well Mecha, that's more or less the same thing as a plugin. Except it just modify an original file and is more likely to break on updating :3