http://www.counter-strike.net/

Their Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/#!/csgo_dev

Talk about cs:go beta here!

[release]
    F.A.Q
    CS:GO Facts
    Q) How can I get into the beta?
    A) The beta is currently closed. The current stress test is to test for crashes with various hardware configurations and how the servers handle the stress. The best way to get into the beta is to be active in the current Counter-Strike communities.
    Q)How do I activate the console?
    A) Activate the console in Help & Options -> Game Settings -> Enable developer console. This will then allow you to open the console using the tilde key ~.
    Q)How do I open the server browser?
    A) The current version of the beta does not support a server browser. This feature will be added later.
    Q) Can I host my own dedicated server?
    A) Not at this stage in the beta. The full version of CSGO will allow community run dedicated servers on both Windows and Linux.
    Q) How do I start a local game?
    A) Click Play -> Create Match -> Choose your map and game mode. To have other players connect to you they will need to know your IP address and use that to connect in the console with “connect youripaddress”. The full game will have a server browser that will let you easily start local games.
    Q)Can I make maps for CSGO?
    A) Yes, there will be a new SDK available after the full game has been released. During the beta you can start laying out your map ideas with the current Counter-Strike: Source SDK.
    Q) How do I report a bug in the beta?
    A) Please use our steam forums for now.
    Q) How do I play competitively?
    A) To start with, we only support lan competitive play. Matchmaking into competitive play will be enabled later in the beta.
    Q) Why does my crosshair change size?
    A) The crosshair consists of multiple parts. The most obvious section is the dot in the middle which is used for aiming. The traditional cross hatch moves as you move and provides rough accuracy. The brackets represent the weapon accuracy at all times including being stationary and firing.
    Q) Why can I sometimes defuse the bomb faster than other times?
    A) On the counter-terrorist side if you are carrying a defuse kit it will halve the defuse time. The defuse kit appears as a small pair of needle nose pliers in the lower right corner of your in-game UI.
    Q)What are the minimum and/or suggested system specs?
    A) While we are still developing the game these are in flux. The early stages of the beta will help us better set those suggestions.
    Q) Why aren’t the characters solid?
    A) In Casual mode players can pass through each other as their bodies are not solid. In Competitive mode the player’s bodies are solid and they cannot pass through each other. This also allows for player stacking in competitive mode.
    Q) Will there be more weapons?
    A) Yes, the current version of the beta has a limited selection of the weapons.
    Q) Will there be more character models?
    A) Yes, the current version of the beta has a limited number of character models.
    Q) Will there be more modes?
    A) Yes. We are currently only showing one
    Q) When will the game ship?
    A) You tell us. We are committed to staying in the beta period for as long as we need to create the best version of Counter-Strike.
    Q) Will there be team match making?
    A) Yes. We will be adding this feature later.
    Q) Will there be a replay system?
    A) Yes, we will be implementing this feature at a later date.
    Q) What tools will there be for spectating?
    A) The current version the beta has very limited tools for spectating a match. We will be improving those tools and features during the beta.
    Q) How will CS:GO be available?
    A) CS:GO will be available in download form from Steam, PSN, and XBLA. The beta is only available for PC players on Steam.
    Q)How can I see my ping?
    A) We will be adding a visual representation of ping later but for now if you go into the console and enter net_graph 1 and see your ping and FPS statistics.
    Q)Are there any plans to open up games to more than 5v5?
    A) Yes but the beta will continue to be 5v5 for a period.
    Q)Will the text be localized?
    A) Text localization will be updated as the beta progresses.
    Q) Is the beta available on the Mac?
    A) Currently the beta is PC only but we will have full Mac support at launch.
    [/release]

IMAGE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 30Dumb x 5Late x 1Informative x 1Funny x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,529 Posts
    Garry told me to do this.

Link to website:
    http://www.counter-strike.net/

Their Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/#!/csgo_dev

Talk about cs:go beta here!

OP of the year!

Edited:

Oh I guess you're changing it now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    If anyone's in the beta on Facepunch, could they post streams/pics please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,330 Posts
    oh btw OP (me) I am also in beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,351 Posts
    Splitscreen is apparently confirmed (for consoles at least).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    mrawr~
    November 2009
    3,631 Posts
    The best way to get into the beta is to be active in the current Counter-Strike communities

All 138,000,000?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny x 69Agree x 2Zing x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,325 Posts
    Another Valve beta I'm not getting into :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 63Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,081 Posts
    Okay is it just me or is the way the bullets recoil in this really weird? With any automatic gun, if I duck down and just fire in a constant stream, all the bullets seem to go in a straight line above and a bit to the right of the crosshair. It just doesn't feel very random any more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2010
    1,231 Posts
    Despite all the negativity mainly from 1.6 fanboys, Im looking forward to this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

10. Post #10
    February 2011
    538 Posts
    If anyone's in the beta on Facepunch, could they post streams/pics please?
    Nothing much to post. Just one map, couple of weapons. Here's a little album I uploaded just now:

http://imgur.com/a/btgfh

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Winner x 59Informative x 2Friendly x 2Zing x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Nothing much to post. Just one map, couple of weapons. Here's a little album I uploaded just now:

http://imgur.com/a/btgfh
    What new weapons are there? I'm curious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

12. Post #12

April 2011
    54 Posts
    Pretty sure the beta has a limited set of weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #13
    Pretty sure the beta has a limited set of weapons.
    Damn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

14. Post #14
    February 2011
    538 Posts
    I'm sorry, it seems it's not just one map. I will take some screenshots of other maps and all of the weapons.

edit: It has Dust and Dust 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2010
    11,796 Posts
    At least one new SMG, various weapons have been replaced by modern equivalents, the taser, and new grenades

Edited:

I'm sorry, it seems it's not just one map. I will take some screenshots of other maps and all of the weapons.

edit: It has Dust and Dust 2
    It has just about every official cs and css map, did you even see the trailer or anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,081 Posts
    There's not a lot of new stuff in the beta except one sniper that wasn't in before, but I think it's supposed to be like the scout anyway. I like how it blurs up when you run while scoped in.

Going to start uploading loads of pictures on my Steam, so go view my screenshots. I mainly just screenshotted all the weapon stats, what the fire bomb looks like, what it's like running while scoped in and also the recoil of the AK47.

On the left, shooting full auto without pulling back. On the right, shooting full auto with pulling back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,097 Posts
    Re-post for new thread.

Also on a similar topic to the video, is it just me (it probably is) but is it easier to get kills by just randomly shooting now. I don't remember spraying being so damn effective in CSS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 50Agree x 1Dumb x 1Late x 1Informative x 1Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    February 2011
    538 Posts
    some screenshots from dust 2 and all weapons available in beta:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 91Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2008
    1,314 Posts
    My public media thus far. I have more planned but it's late (6AM) and I need sleep. Two videos. First is dust, second is dust 2. Random shots. I have more shots that I haven't uploaded anywhere but you probably have the idea by now. All images are clickable for 1920x1080. (Edit: Also, I don't talk through the entirety of either video. There is a lot of footage in the later parts where it's just gameplay and all game sounds.)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2010
    4,778 Posts
    This game's style really feels like CS and L4D combined. Doesn't quite go one way or another, but it definitely plays off of L4D's shading system and weapon style. Plus, the helicopter sound.

For me, it's a welcoming thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2010
    11,796 Posts
    This game's style really feels like CS and L4D combined. Doesn't quite go one way or another, but it definitely plays off of L4D's shading system and weapon style. Plus, the helicopter sound.

For me, it's a welcoming thing
    I don't even mind them reusing the deagle model, it looks way better with that texture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

22. Post #22
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,081 Posts
    I keep getting killed because I suck at my bullets keep going over everyones heads :( I'm too ashamed to make some gameplay footage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,838 Posts
    I still think the guns have that ugly L4D "cartoonish" look to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 44Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    786 Posts
    i just have found the names of some csgo maps
    cs_assault
    cs_italy
    cs_militia
    cs_office
    de_alleyway
    de_aztec
    de_bank
    de_boathouse
    de_burger
    de_depot
    de_dust
    de_embassy
    de_house
    de_inferno
    de_mill
    de_nuke
    de_piranesi
    de_port
    de_prodigy
    de_shacks
    de_tides
    de_train
    de_vertigo
    de_vostok
    gg_handling
    gg_tibet
    gg_vietnam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 25Informative Informative x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,577 Posts
    I really wish they could put CS_747, It's not popular but it's a classic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

26. Post #26
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,081 Posts
    Damnit I just recorded a load of gameplay and for some reason all the files are corrupt. I got a few knife kills as well. I've only really just realised, but the game does feel a lot like L4D2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,014 Posts
    Did they say if there would be an open beta later on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #28
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,081 Posts
    Well I think Chet said that the beta was going to keep on growing so eventually it probably would be an open beta, or it would just be very easy to sign up and get in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,059 Posts
    I paid for Tribes: Ascend now because it allowed me into the beta to start playing. I'd pay CS: Go's price now to be able to play it, regardless of its beta status.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    February 2010
    637 Posts
    i dont like the walking animations on the guns. it just looks like lazy animators
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

31. Post #31
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,461 Posts
    ~ XxX 1337 n0sc0p3 1337 XxX ~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 40Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Holy shit YES, vertigo is back.

Fucking loved that map

Edited:

And alleyway too (Assuming it's the same one as 1.6)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,081 Posts
    Never played alleyway, but I miss 747.

I also miss that weird vip gamemode on the oil rig. That shit was the business they should add that again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,351 Posts
    STILL the old sounds? Common... Bring on something new, or else it will always just be Source for me...
    Playermodels look damn awesome though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

35. Post #35
    747 was shit in 1.6, i always got lost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2009
    1,988 Posts
    I can't wait to see what "cs_burger" is like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,031 Posts
    Play Hard Rain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 27Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,577 Posts
    It's that burger station from L4D2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    November 2010
    1,385 Posts
    Ohhh, but Survivor, 747 and Siege dont back D:

Well, at least will back those maps, how it will look now Vertigo and Prodigy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,461 Posts
    Ohhh, but Survivor, 747 and Siege dont back D:

Well, at least will back those maps, how it will look now Vertigo and Prodigy?
    Are you using google translator?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)