1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,574 Posts
    Police in Wisconsin say two men suspected of stealing from a local Target store gave themselves away by pocket-dialing 911.

The men, aged 29 and 28, were allegedly fleeing the big-box store with DVDs and computer games when one of them must have inadvertently pressed a button on their phone, accidentally dialing 911.

"As they yakked, jawed, and chortled about all they had done, a dispatcher was listening in - via an open cell phone line - and providing officers with a play-by-play," said Joel DeSpain, a spokesman for the Madison Police Department.

"Yep, they were chatting away inside their getaway SUV, talking about where they might get the best prices for stolen merchandise," DeSpain said.

The men mentioned the make of their car, the goods they'd allegedly stolen and the store they hoped to sell them to, he said.

When they pulled into a parking lot near the store, several armed police officers ordered the men to show their hands.

DeSpain described the men as "dumbfounded."

One of them reportedly asked police if they had tapped his phone.

"The officer receiving the question perhaps didn't have the heart to tell him how the bust went down," DeSpain said.

Both men have been charged with retail theft and released.
    Sauce: http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...cket-dial.html

These guys are morons. At least keep your phone off when you're robbing a store. GAWSH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 40Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2011
    2,291 Posts
    Why does this happen so often, get your shit together guys.

Why are you even robbing a store with a form of identity on you?

Also stealing physical games and movies, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Insensitive Jackass
    June 2011
    1,945 Posts
    Why does this happen so often, get your shit together guys.

Why are you even robbing a store with a form of identity on you?

Also stealing physical games and movies, lol.
    There is always someone with dial up internet that might buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    This is why I like my phone with only one physical button. Even that is recessed into phone, making it virtually impossible to pocket dial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,362 Posts
    Probably due to the emrgency button on their mobile's lockscreen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

6. Post #6
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    November 2007
    7,812 Posts
    didn't this happen a while ago to some guys who buttdialed 911 while dealing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    nox
    March 2007
    2,202 Posts
    Must've been mindfucked to see cops waiting for them. Like something out of minority report.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,467 Posts
    The men mentioned the make of their car
    Why on Earth would they talk about the car for? Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

9. Post #9
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,688 Posts
    didn't this happen a while ago to some guys who buttdialed 911 while dealing
    I was thinking the same thing, then read your comment. I believe you're right.

10. Post #10
    Why on Earth would they talk about the car for? Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
    Probably one of them said something like, "After I sell some of these TVs I can get some bitchin rims for my Caddy (Cadillac)"

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,916 Posts
    Probably one of them said something like, "After I sell some of these TVs I can get some bitchin rims for my Caddy (Cadillac)"
    yeah i think i know what a caddy is thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,430 Posts
    This is even dumber than the story my mom told me from when she was in Alaska.
    There was this electronics store, right? Had all sorts of video cameras on display in the front window. Normally, they turn them off when they close, but they forgot to turn one off, and that night, this truck backed into the window and stole all sorts of stuff, including all the cameras EXCEPT the one that was left on. Why they had tapes in them I'll never know, but it got a clear shot of their license plate.