1. Post #1
    intelligent asuran who don’t need no bookah
    April 2010
    968 Posts

[release]

After playing various of faction servers in Minecraft I was amazed by the effort put behind some of the factions and work of people. However, most of these servers died of quietly or went down sooner or later. Me and a friend decided to host our own server. The main point of the server is to join a faction or create one, go into war or make allies. Because of this, events are always going on, unlike usual survival servers where once you have all diamond tools and armour, there's nothing left to do. We have a few plugins we think are vital, but for stuff such as economy, we would much rather have factions coming up with their own way of trading or using certain valuables as a currency. The server is not yet open, but you can post your IGN name here to get white listed, and you can also apply for a faction. If you apply to create a faction, please give a description of your faction and maybe an emblem. When the server is open, you will have a head start to create your faction before the server is open to everyone. Rules suggestions would also be useful, as I'm trying to create the best server I possibly can. The current plan is 24 slots, but it will be increased to 48 later, and maybe more in the near future. I'm still picking between a few hosts, so if you have suggestions feel free to post them, as they may help me decide.
    [/release]

[release]

Tempoary server is up at
    50.31.24.204:25565
    No white list or rules right now. Do whatever

[/release]
    [release]

If you would like to create a faction with a few days before everyone else joins, post an application with an emblem and a short description about your factions
    speciality and goal.

The list of factions currently known you can join. Some factions (Yours) have yet to be discovered! Team up with or invade in our server:

[h2]Venture[/h2]

When the factions moved across from civilization to lands of forgotten, venture was a well known exploration ground lead by
    a captain pirate, funded by the king. When the laws broke venture expanded and left the king, becoming fully independent.
    The faction took a more pirate turn. Despite never having a proper ship, the captain located an old hide out with his first mate
    and expanded it, and created a base. The captain (Theportalmaster) and first mate (Greyfruit) begun their quest to learn more
    of the world.
    Currency: GN (Gold Nugget)
    Ranks:
    Swabbie
    Lookout
    Cannon Loader
    Treasure Hunter
    Buccaneer

[h2]Burdon[/h2]

Four of the worlds greatest blacksmiths worked for the king himself. However, during corruption of the kings ways caused a different path.
    The black smiths were ordered by the king to create perfected swords and armour for soilders on their murderous activities.
    The four refused, angering the king. Banished from the kingdom, the four were forced to build their own city. They never
    gave up their talent, and created burdon, the strongest sword welders and smithers known. However, when most of the
    construction was done, three of the black smiths dissapeared, leaving only the greatest blacksmith, darkthunder.
    Due to their exsessive smelting, the currency is coal.

[h2]Arecila[/h2]

Very little is known about Arecila, other than it's known as a small elf village. Probaly with a simmlar background, except one elf built the entier village himself.
    The faction is reccomended for players who want a quiet life, and aren't majorley interested in going to war. However,that dosen't stop them from being prepared for defence
    against attacking factions.
    The faction has no currency, and relies on trading.
    [/release]
    [release]

”Please, listen to my story. This may be my only chance, because I am a dying man...
    What I am about to tell you is the tale of a king... A king who wasn’t always evil, but became a monster. He forced the whole world to split into factions, and it’s like this to this very day...

His name was Helgmir.

The land surronding the beautiful world of Iaronica once prospered, the people lived in tranquility and in harmony with everyone. Humans, Dwarves and Elves to name a few.

Helgmir was loved by his people.

But one day, he woke up with a strange feeling in his body. Going through the day’s duties, which he had much trouble finishing on his own, he went to bed and hoped for the pain to go away after a good night’s sleep.

But when he woke up, nobody recognized him. His face was pale, the way he talked was more ice-cold and tyrannic, and he started to curse the people around him and how he could not have everything for himself. He became paranoid and thought that his own people was out there to steal the most precious things he had in his collection of valuables.

The sponges. They weren’t just any sponges, oh no. They were capable of fulfilling anyone’s dream depending on what they did with them. The number of sponges, hehe, even I don’t know how many there are. The only thing that’s known for sure is that the magic they contain inside is made by an ancient kingdom.

In his rage, he ordered his men to build lots and lots of dungeons, sealing away the sponges that he’d spend several years on finding out what kind of power they had.

The people were starting to notice the king’s bad leadership, and demanded an explanation. The king, who despised everyone because of this... Curse, said ”I don’t care about any of you miserable fools”. Surprised by their once-so-mild king's words, they started to question the king’s authority, and several days later, when nothing improved, the people
    noticed it was more quiet around the area. Some important figures had gone. Far, far away groups were fed up of the kings cruel decisions and decide to lead their own life's. They formed a kingdom, however, it only got worse. The factions attempted to control eachother. It became so bad, that they actually started to murder each other, the respect that everyone had for each other was vanished, and left was the cold war. However, after realizing that nobody could win, they decided that they should separate the whole kingdom. They divided into factions, back to their original groups, and they left the once so prosperous kingdom. The battle continues to this very day, and even though friendship can be seen sometimes, the war is still going on at the same pace as before. Now it’s your turn to choose sides."
    [/release]

[release]

[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    Whitelist please. IGN: mattyyy

3. Post #3
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    Whitelist please. IGN: mattyyy
    Added to the whitelist!

4. Post #4
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    woo~

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    Added a couple of a images to the OP.

6. Post #6
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,228 Posts
    Looks pretty interesting, might join later

Whitelist me, IGN: Tobba2

7. Post #7
    CATS
    April 2009
    1,110 Posts
    Whitelist please.
    IGN: stummel13

8. Post #8
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    Both white listed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2010
    678 Posts
    Sounds interesting.

Whitelist - IGN: SmoothC

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,235 Posts
    This looks neat, might I ask for whitelisting?
    IGN: Poose

11. Post #11
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    Added both.
    Also, no one seems interested in making a faction so I will probably cancel the early preparations.

12. Post #12
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    IGN is killkill85,sign me up.

13. Post #13
    bishop_target's the name, do whitelist, will you?

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,235 Posts
    I am certainly interested in creating a technocratic faction, I just need to create a nice rutherford atom banner.

15. Post #15
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    Updated whitelist.

16. Post #16
    June 2009
    478 Posts
    Whitelist please, IGN is Plecy

17. Post #17
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,091 Posts
    I'm pretty interested in this, ign is Krutponken

18. Post #18
    February 2010
    2,213 Posts
    Sounds good, IGN: AWarGuy

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    153 Posts
    IGN: xXlBanditlXx

Looks good.

20. Post #20
    Ask me about Dullahans
    November 2009
    2,093 Posts
    ign: hawtkoffee
    looks great

21. Post #21
    Professional Video Games Hoarder
    July 2005
    1,720 Posts
    Ign: GenYus
    Im looking for a nice server and this looks like one
    and its from Facepunch :D

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,091 Posts
    May I get a whitelist? IGN = Gubbygub

23. Post #23
    May 2009
    731 Posts
    mcguinness9

24. Post #24

December 2011
    4 Posts
    This sounds like it will be a great server! Whitelist please, my IGN: supargamer

And I want to make a faction: The Republic

Faction description: A faction in which the people help decide what we do. We work as a team to create the most successful faction. We are one unit. I, supargamer, am not a king, just the leader. The members get to help make decisions too. Join my faction, we will work together to make the most faction in the world!

emblem:

Thanks,

supargamer

25. Post #25
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    Sorry everyone, I was away and din't notice all the replies, server will be going up later today! (Hopefully)
    Added everyone to the whitelist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Ask me about Dullahans
    November 2009
    2,093 Posts
    man I want to play this already
    I've never really gotten into faction stuff but starting in a fresh new server seems like a good place to start

27. Post #27
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    man I want to play this already
    I've never really gotten into faction stuff but starting in a fresh new server seems like a good place to start
    I've encountered a few problems so it should be up in January. Basic plug-ins and stuff are up. I'll try get it up as soon as possible!

28. Post #28

December 2011
    4 Posts
    i keep getting more excited! can i at least get an eta? lol

29. Post #29
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    A temporary server is up for now.
    50.31.24.204:25565
    No rules or plug ins or anything. When I decide to start the server for real I will be getting rid of the map, so if it comes to that point and anyone has done anything cool, I'll upload the map somewhere.

30. Post #30

December 2011
    4 Posts
    ummm... you said it should be up in january?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2010
    968 Posts
    ummm... you said it should be up in january?
    I've been ill. I've decided to make a few dungeons, mountains and such. before instead of rushing it out. Until then I have nothing much to say.

32. Post #32
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Whitelist SmokinChico, would you?

33. Post #33

March 2012
    1 Posts
    Hope I'm not too late but anyways IGN stphnd88

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    November 2010
    2,406 Posts
    -snip-

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,357 Posts
    IGN: Mexican

36. Post #36
    July 2010
    494 Posts
    Whitelist Asrele, Luley, and Aspo78 please and thank you.

37. Post #37

September 2014
    1 Posts
    Hello, my friend and I would really like to play on this server. Firewan, that is myself, liamcullins, Skylar_Hewitt, who are my friends. Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,481 Posts
    Hello, my friend and I would really like to play on this server. Firewan, that is myself, liamcullins, Skylar_Hewitt, who are my friends. Thank you!
    Not sure if you realized, but this thread is from 2011. I'm not sure the server would still be up and Theportalmaster probably forgot about this thread. You can try PM'ing him to get info, but I doubt he'll read this thread from 3 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)