Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,157 Posts
    [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD=align:center][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    The Official Thread of Star Wars: The Old Republic!

WHAT IS STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC?
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is a story-driven online game set in the Star Wars galaxy, during an age where the galaxy is on the brink of war. In the game, you create your own hero based on the classic Star Wars roles, including Jedi Knights, Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, and more. Embark on an epic personal saga, facing great challenges and making decisions that determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Whether you play with your friends or people you meet for the first time in-game, you choose how your destiny unfolds.

Player vs Player?
    http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/warzones

Price?
    Base Game (Standard Edition - Digital Download): $59.99 (44.99 / €54.99)
    1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (8.99 / €12.99)
    3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97 / 25.17 / €35.97)
    6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94 / 46.14 / €65.94)

What playable classes are there?

Galactic Republic:
    Trooper
    Smuggler
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Consular

Sith Empire:
    Bounty Hunter
    Imperial Agent
    Sith Warrior
    Sith Inquisitor

OLD THREAD: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/972319

DO NOT POST UNBLACKED SPOILERS, THIS MEANS CLASS STORY, COMPANION STORY AND FLASHPOINTS.

Next Content Patch:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    Does Tattooine have any side-quests?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    CATS
    April 2009
    1,108 Posts
    I love it when companions come back from missions during a space battle, because when you barrel roll you can see them flying behind you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,117 Posts
    Tatooine looks cool as fuck.

I've realized picking up every drop from mobs after death, IE, money, claws, electric-non-use shit can really get some dosh, went around killing Rakghouls and racked up 1500c from their claws alone, well worth picking stuff up, need to save for my mount n anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    CATS
    April 2009
    1,108 Posts
    Anyone playing Empire on Ahto City?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #6
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,117 Posts
    OP, wanna add the stuff you can spec to with each individual class? Looks pretty small variety, but with the specs it's actually quite a lot, a class within a class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,157 Posts
    OP, wanna add the stuff you can spec to with each individual class? Looks pretty small variety, but with the specs it's actually quite a lot, a class within a class.
    Was gonna do that but the pages they link to have a specialization tab and it'd look strange since each advanced class doesn't have its own icon.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    407 Posts
    Can't wait to get the game, already downloaded the client, just waiting to purchase it now.

9. Post #9
    January 2011
    302 Posts
    Nice OP.

Also, Empire forever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,020 Posts
    Anyone can confirm if commendations are usefull at 50? im on 500 atm at level 42, i was thinking about going for the 1000 cap, and keeping them for 50 if i can get some gear off the bat

11. Post #11
    December 2009
    627 Posts
    Galactic Republic > Sith Empire.
    Also, nice OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 11 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,112 Posts
    I hate it when people take gear in flashpoints just to sell later on.

I did the black talon as a jug and some inquisitor took an awesome chestguard. Whenever I see something that I can't/won't use, I pass for the others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

May 2011
    119 Posts
    Is there anything similar to WoW's arenas and rated battlegrounds in SW:TOR?

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,679 Posts
    If you need it you need to, so roll Need. If you want to sell it, roll greed, If you're a nice kind gentleman you'll pass it if you don't need it

I hate the people who roll need, even though they obviously have no use for it, it kind of pisses me off actually. You spend time looking for a group, or getting one together and get everyone in the same spot, head in, spend 25, 30 minutes, or an hour on some like Boarding Party/Foundry. Something you could use drops and some dipshit rolls Need on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #15
    December 2010
    386 Posts
    I'm really loving the replayabilty of this as an MMO. Bioware continue to push quality.

I'm playing as a Sniper at the moment and have dabbled in the other classes.
    What are the better dps overall?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,380 Posts
    Anyone playing empire on exiles crystal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    I hate it when people take gear in flashpoints just to sell later on.

I did the black talon as a jug and some inquisitor took an awesome chestguard. Whenever I see something that I can't/won't use, I pass for the others.
    It gets more annoying if you're a trooper for Republic because EVERYONE will take the blaster rifles,cannons and armor just so they can make their companions better.
    Also thread music

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,222 Posts
    OP should add a list of players and their server plus characters and add them so we can find each other. This way we aren't going, is anyone on server x?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,926 Posts
    It gets more annoying if you're a trooper for Republic because EVERYONE will take the blaster rifles,cannons and armor just so they can make their companions better.
    Also thread music
    I think when you're getting    Revan's mask    during one of the early Sith Warrior Quests.

Heh a sign in the Anchorhead Starport says "Tatooine: A Most Excellent Farming Planet" except the 'T' in most is scracthed out so it says "Mos" heh. funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,157 Posts
    OP should add a list of players and their server plus characters and add them so we can find each other. This way we aren't going, is anyone on server x?
    Every Facepunch attempt to play together / on the same server as each other ends terribly or just gets forgotten about, too many people over too many different servers to bother but If I have time I'll think of something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Stayed up until 6 am playing this with a friend, hahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    IGN: Slage

Server: Keller's Void
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #23
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,020 Posts

Haha this was funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    IGN:Kerlian(Trooper),Kerliann(Jedi)
    Sever: Black Vulkers

25. Post #25
    June 2009
    1,643 Posts
    Also thread music
    oh god whenever i hear the slower version of that in SWTOR I have a nostalgia overload
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,117 Posts
    In-game name: Erasus
    Server: The Kumumgah

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    OP Doesn't need to bother with a list. There are around 100 servers and the odds of FP trying to converge on one and make some guild is funny. The game is in it's 2nd week of launch, most of you will be around level 30-40 by now and not want to do re-rolls.

The best option any FPers have of playing with each other would be to see if another guy or 2 are on your server and add each other, a mass guild won't happen at this point. It never works out even in smaller games with FP. A list is too difficult for the little usage it would provide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    508 Posts
    Stayed up until 6 am playing this with a friend, hahaha
    Wish I had some friends to play with :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,679 Posts
    Slight Spoilers?

I fought HK 47 and Revan, both voiced, last night   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    I like how they put the post limit back on threads and half of GGD gets locked.

Just grinded out a level so I would be 36 when going to Quesh. I did Space battles and ran Boarding Party; I really liked Boarding Party.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,110 Posts

I have a bad feeling about this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    Is there this soundtrack in the game? I mean has anybody encountered it yet?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #33
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

i think this is my new highscore for defending on alderaan civil war
    note how I'm so good at defending yet my team is fucking awful at the game, I went and took leftside by myself and told them all to take mid. A few minutes later I see they're split up trying to take both mid and right

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,222 Posts
    I don't think I remember hearing it at all during the SI. But for some reason I feel as if I have heard parts of it.

35. Post #35
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    June 2007
    1,658 Posts
    I'm thinking about playing this, but is it true that I'll need to pay 40 pouinds for the game and then pay for a subscription on top of that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

of course you cant make a wookie smile for a good postcard picture back to kashyyk....
    ruined it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Xed
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    890 Posts
    from the last thread -

oh yea baby, definitely cute. esp when in the middle of blinking. naked.

that facial hair. and eyes.

Edited:

also, behold:

the true people of the sand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #38
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,020 Posts
    I'm thinking about playing this, but is it true that I'll need to pay 40 pouinds for the game and then pay for a subscription on top of that?
    Yeah the game + a subscription, you can cancel it afterwards. I haven't played much since I'm not really much of a MMO person, but the class based story seems very nice. Kinda like Mass Effect.

And the fat body type is absolutely hilarious.

39. Post #39
    January 2012
    86 Posts
    So yeah, I'm really thinking about buying this game and i have watched a lot of like reviwes and such on youtube, but what I'm asking about, is this game worth? I'm thinking, does people play it or will it just die out? :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,926 Posts
    Is there this soundtrack in the game? I mean has anybody encountered it yet?

There is a variant of it during the with warrior quests.

it is also heard on Taris on the republic side when you expore the ruins of the Endar Spire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events