Now they are finishing it but with no idea why.
I like how this thread is pretty active.
Unlike Black Mesa.
Fuck they even got in to magazines. The dev's attitude of their fans is absolutely ridiculous when they've had such a great reception.
They got on the front cover of at least one magazine.
I wouldn't mind the fact that they aren't updating if they at least spoke to people about why they weren't. Or get some new devs, who'll actually work on it.
They are working on it, and the respond to fans almost every day on their forums.. well at least Raminator and JamesKane do.
Some new media would be nice, it's cool and all that they respond to the fans but a video would be awesome.
Sorry, couldn't resist. There 404 page has shown more progress and images than the wiki. That, or they just spend most there time making and finding things for it.
My friend has it. Somehow.
Nevermind! Took a closer look at his screenshots. It's just Half-Life Source with a bad texture pack and models from Gamebanana. Though he did rename it to Black Mesa: Source.
The Source should have tipped me off.
You kinda just pulled that out of your ass.
Just one screenshot would not be hard to do.
What the fuck...
How old is this image?
Black Mesa is like a corpse that sometimes looks like it's moving when i stare at it, but i can't really tell. Especially after the updates stopped.
dead mod is dead
the quality of what has been released is amazing though..
such a shame.
No it's not. It's just not released. It would be dead if all devs were gone and cancelled the project. If they would've done it, then I'm sure they'd post something to tell us this. They may be rude of not giving any information to the fans, but they would tell us, if they have stopped completely working on it.
posted 6 days ago. Progress has slowed, but they are almost done and work is being done.
Also, they did that interview on steamcast in august
The mod is not dead.
Please just think about it. They ARE workin on it, sure they might not release much media, but they are working on the mod. Just be patient and it will be done when its done.
Reminds me of something I once heard. The first 90% of a project will take 90% of the time. The final 10% will take the other 90% of the time.
I think they will fasten the release because they've become afraid of those recent leak. Imagine if those crazy Russians posting hundred of videos on BMS on YouTube decide to leak everything... this will be the biggest VG failure of the 21th century.
No, you misunderstood me.
I was talking about the hundred of videos of Russian guys talking about BMS, you can find links on BMS moddb page. It's funny. Or creepy. I dunno. But since it was also Russian who made the leak, it is too big to be a coincidence IMHO.
So is Valve helping them with the mod or something because it keeps getting delayed.