1. Post #1
    May 2011
    1,908 Posts

Hall of fame: The best of the best archived for easy access.
    I'm not sure if this counts as a quote, but I did draw a comic about a f2per I found.
    Saw a medic healing and ubering another medic.

At our spawn.

The other medic was AFK.

It went on for 7 minutes.
    Screenshots

Replays

I just want to repost this since it's a new thread and I only posted it in the last page before it was closed

My candidate for New Spy of the Year:

And I was the Demoman in the video, just playing him for fun

V1

Sorry for the content-less OP, just getting the ball rolling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 24Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    25,949 Posts
    Good to see this one back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FAT FETISH
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    Lets hope the hall of fame actually gets updated more this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 9Funny x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,198 Posts
    I was about to suicide when I saw the older one locked.
    These are the best threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    Last night on Foundry, the server was emptying, until there were only five people. On my team, me as Pyro, a trusty Doktor, and a decent and elegant Spy. On the other team, a seasoned Combat Engineer and a F2P Spy. As the match began and I headed to the point, I arrived to see our Spy and the enemy Engineer engaged in a furious verbal debate about teleporters around a dispenser. There was indeed no point in battling, so we ran around being prats. However, being F2P, the enemy Spy did not understand such unseriousness.

He adopted the time-honoured strategy of picking a random disguise and charging up behind us with the Dead Ringer. In response, I would simply turn to face him and give a muffled greeting, causing him to run away and try again. He backstabbed our Doktor when he was trying to make a player tower on the dispenser, so the unfortunate Spy was chased around with the Ubersaw for a while.

The Combat Engineer parkoured up onto a roof above the control point, and after some slips, everyone but F2P Spy was on the roof. F2P Spy did not know what to do. He disguised as a Heavy, and jogged helplessly around the point. Up on the roof, there was much "Mmmph, mmph, mmph!" and "Gotta move that gear up!" as we encouraged the Medic while he carefully crouch-jumped onto the roof with us.

HeavySpy was still dashing about below. He seemed to be trying to figure out something. I wondered if this could be the moment all players experience. The moment when they realize TF2 isn't about W+M1ing towards people to kill them. That it's about working with your team, finding a class to complement your class and working with them, then sharing a sandvich party or hoedown on the last as your teamwork ensures victory. HeavySpy paused. He looked around. Like he was trying to find the right button on his keyboard.

"Go, go, go!" he said, in the voice of Heavy. He jumped around, ran in circles. "Move gear up! Very good!".

I feel like I accomplished something on that server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 77Funny x 11Friendly x 7Artistic x 2Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,001 Posts
    I'm not sure if this counts as a quote, but I did draw a comic about a f2per I found.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 58Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    11,824 Posts

[h2]I'M INVINCIBLE[/h2]

[sub]You're a looney[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Winner Winner x 49Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #8
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,127 Posts

At our spawn.

The other medic was AFK.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 69Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Ooh, sweet, new thread! No stories at the moment but nice to see we got one up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2011
    963 Posts
    There used to be a Heavy/Medic pair on the server I frequent. They were obviously friends, and all they would do was sit in spawn with the forever-revved-up Heavy close enough to the door to keep it open, shooting any enemies that passed by. The Medic would be constantly healing everyone and ubering the heavy whenever he got full uber. I'm guessing they wanted to redefine "spawncamping."

I thought it was just a pair of trolls, but they did that all the time. All the time.

This was before Strange weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bermuda Show Events Funny Funny x 29 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,276 Posts

At our spawn.

The other medic was AFK.

Could have been strange farming. That seems to happen so much nowadays.

Tis a shame...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

12. Post #12
    August 2010
    578 Posts
    Here's what i've encountered in one situation at on VSH server. There was one f2p who kept writing some gibberish and the admin gave him the happy mode(replaces the messages with a random word such as "Pls ban me." etc.) and one of these message replacements was "how cian i go invizible as spi ??!!". Most people took that seriously and everytime this message shows up they start writing it with CAPS and rage about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 37 (list)

13. Post #13
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,127 Posts
    Could have been strange farming. That seems to happen so much nowadays.

Tis a shame...
    He was holding the Quick Fix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 44Zing Zing x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    October 2010
    11,744 Posts
    I just want to repost this since it's a new thread and I only posted it in the last page before it was closed

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 57Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    7,763 Posts
    Reminds me of this rather relevant video.

Note "HOW DO I SAP BUILDING" writing on sapper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Winner Winner x 49Funny Funny x 9 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,114 Posts

Player:"WTH, I can't backstab this, it keeps moving left and right."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Funny Funny x 55Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2011
    7,763 Posts

True story, as always.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 38Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,812 Posts
    But, that can happen to anyone. If there's too many buildings and one Spy just runs in there, holding down M1 with their sapper out and spamming it everywhere, he can easily take out a whole nest of 3 Engineers.

I've had that happen before because the Spy sapping our stuff was good with the Dead Ringer. Maybe I'm just playing with the wrong people...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

19. Post #19
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    But, that can happen to anyone. If there's too many buildings and one Spy just runs in there, holding down M1 with their sapper out and spamming it everywhere, he can easily take out a whole nest of 3 Engineers.

I've had that happen before because the Spy sapping our stuff was good with the Dead Ringer. Maybe I'm just playing with the wrong people...
    It's quite funny to see a overstuffed engineer nest getting infiltrated by a Spy. Engineers charging about everywhere, smacking everyone and each other with the wrench, going "SPAH - SPAH AROUND HERE - SPAH SAPPIN' MAH DIS- THERE'S A SPAH CREEPIN' AROUND HERE"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    April 2011
    7,763 Posts
    The point is:

Three BLU engineers.

With three piled lvl3 sentries.

On Gorge. They're supposed to attack and instead, they were simply protecting locked point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 40Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    The point is:

Three BLU engineers.

With three piled lvl3 sentries.

On Gorge. They're supposed to attack and instead, they were simply protecting locked point
    Well, heaving Sentries around is hard work. They gotta take a break first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2010
    785 Posts
    This happened earlier today, while I was on an Arena map.
    *DEAD* the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : whats to susicde
    *DEAD* Dogchow™ : Type kill in the console
    *DEAD* Dogchow™ : Or explode
    *DEAD* the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : k
    the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : kill
    Dogchow™ : In the console
    Dogchow™ : Not in chat
    the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : thenn where
    Dogchow™ : In the console, I just said :|
    the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : what cocsle
    the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : consle
    the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : I SERACHED IT UP
    the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : WHATS THE COCNSLE
    the pyro who ate the COOKIES :D : WHAST THE COCLSE
    Dogchow™ : It's spelled console.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 132Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    October 2010
    11,744 Posts
    Well to be fair it's not obvious what the console is, it's name isn't very explanatory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    June 2010
    785 Posts
    Well to be fair it's not obvious what the console is, it's name isn't very explanatory
    I just liked how he kept spelling it "coclse".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,812 Posts
    The name itself just screams 10 year old. Someone take that fucking kid poor child to a school so he can learn some proper grammar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 39 (list)

26. Post #26
    October 2010
    11,744 Posts
    The name itself just screams 10 year old. Someone take that fucking kid poor child to a school so he can learn some proper grammar.
    I hate my generation, none ever want to learn how to use proper English
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 57Funny x 7Friendly x 3Zing x 2Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    There used to be a Heavy/Medic pair on the server I frequent. They were obviously friends, and all they would do was sit in spawn with the forever-revved-up Heavy close enough to the door to keep it open, shooting any enemies that passed by. The Medic would be constantly healing everyone and ubering the heavy whenever he got full uber. I'm guessing they wanted to redefine "spawncamping."

I thought it was just a pair of trolls, but they did that all the time. All the time.

This was before Strange weapons.
    What has any of that got to do with trolling?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,796 Posts
    Not really a quote, but for about 15 minutes straight, a spy would walk up to my level 3 sentry, stare at it, and then drop his disguise firing at it with his revolver. When he died, he'd come right back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 71Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,876 Posts
    I just recently heard "What class has an assault rifle?" again for the first time in a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 75Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,703 Posts
    I just recently heard "What class has an assault rifle?" again for the first time.
    Dude what. @_@

I've actually heard this before too. In the last couple of day I've seen a few more Snipers running around with just the SMG on offense. Some knew what they were doing (using it properly), most didn't (HOLY SHIT IT'S LIKE AN AK).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 38Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    12,494 Posts
    I hate my generation, none ever want to learn how to use proper English
    You don't know how horrible situation with grammar is in Russia...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 25Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    April 2011
    7,763 Posts
    So there's this sniper with nick "SNP" on my team

Drury: snp
    Drury: you can't snipe through a window
    *a few moments later*

Drury: snp
    Drury: you can't charge at a heavy and try to kill him with an smg
    Props to him for camping instead of running around and trying to quickscope, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 42Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,876 Posts
    Dude what. @_@
    Wow, sorry about that

And speaking of sniper. Playing a lot of sniper lately and improving on it has led to more accusations of hacking than using dead ringer at the time F2P first came around.

I don't care if you're a scout, if you charge at me from far away you'll get your head blown off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    557 Posts

this has happened so many times to me, god i just can't help but facedesk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #35
    October 2010
    1,036 Posts
    F2Pers + Trade Server = Pure Gold.

Was on the RAWR trade server the other day. And fair enough, the kids English wasn't good and he made an honest mistake, someone nicely corrected him, and rather than a thanks he kicked off saying the Irish guy was WRONG and bitching how your suppose to say it.

This was on Mic, So i'll type how the guy spoke.

Kid: So I sell Hat. Engineer Teen Ga-looon
    Irish guy: What hat?
    Kid: Teen Ga-loon for Engineer
    Irish guy: Ah you mean the Ten Gallon mate. It's pronounced Ga-lon
    Kid: You from England?
    Irish guy: No
    Kid: Then you shut fuck up. You not English. No correct mine.
    ... later ...
    Kid: Sell Teen Ga-looon? Someone buy?
    *Server just laughs in text and speech*

- - - -

Ive been medic. When you try to give a F2P a chance at the game rather than ignoring them.
    "Medic you healz meh?"
    "Sure, Uber ready, GO GO GO!"
    -UBER DEPLOYED -
    "What?! Where are you going?! Your suppose to Run into battle!!"

Instead we run in circles, or into a wall like a bot, and look around 'Duuuuh wuuuut?'

Thats a typical F2P moment right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 40Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,739 Posts
    Instead we run in circles, or into a wall like a bot, and look around 'Duuuuh wuuuut?'

Thats a typical F2P moment right there
    Hell, that's worse than the bots, every time I've ubered one they just stand still until either the uber runs out or somebody walks in front of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    October 2011
    513 Posts
    Oh my god guys you sound like tough guys from Dota what the hell.

Sure as hell the F2P update caused a shitflood of 12 year olds, but give em a chance, you were also 12 year olds knifing team mates on CS once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree x 48Dumb x 8Funny x 7Agree x 4Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts

Sure as hell the F2P update caused a shitflood of 12 year olds, but give em a chance, you were also 12 year olds knifing team mates on CS once.
    We'll give them a chance, doesn't mean we can't laugh at them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 40Winner x 2Funny x 1Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,179 Posts

Actually since my very first time in an online game, I would always watch videos or friends before I ever played so I never make an ass of myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 71Friendly x 2Dumb x 2Funny x 1Informative x 1Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    October 2011
    513 Posts
    We'll give them a chance, doesn't mean we can't laugh at them.
    It sounds sometimes like you just ignore them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)