1. Post #1
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    [release]

- Post your projects, in-game or not.
    - Please do Mediatag if bigger than 1920x1080.
    - Do not dump 10 or more full-sized images that cause massive page stretching.
    - No Spam.

[/release]

A small Ranch I just started; it's unfinished:

My current home:

My Previous home:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb x 9Winner x 5Artistic x 2Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2010
    3,937 Posts
    I was bored on my forum's SMP server, so I built a fucking fort.

I also made a little trap because I wanted to.

If you didn't catch that, it says 'Trash Room', there's a trash thing, you throw an item in it, and bam the door shuts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,020 Posts
    I was bored on my forum's SMP server, so I built a fucking fort.

I also made a little trap because I wanted to.

If you didn't catch that, it says 'Trash Room', there's a trash thing, you throw an item in it, and bam the door shuts.
    What texture pack is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4
    May 2010
    3,937 Posts
    Ovo's Rustic Pack. Keep in mind the only updated textures are from 1.7, so every texture from then forth are defaults.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    March 2009
    2,726 Posts
    Ahh, new thread smell. I did more work on my Akkan! Almost done, just have to do the interior!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2010
    3,937 Posts
    That looks pretty cool, actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2011
    874 Posts
    Burn it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 8 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2009
    2,726 Posts
    I will do that and record it.
    AFTER I make a backup
    EDIT: I burned it. Uploading the video now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Bored so I made a tree on my friend's server. Took me almost 2 days but it was worth it. Everything but the vines were hand made.
    Put everything in an Imgur album for easier browsing: http://imgur.com/a/09iCf
    Right-click > view image

Inside stairs:

My little garden on the top floor:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 63Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    2,726 Posts
    You make my build look horrible, that's awesome!

11. Post #11
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,926 Posts
    They should make the wood have the top texture only if there's no other blocks next to it. If you understand what I mean. It would make tree's like that look better.

Also working on a modern looking house right now. I'll upload pics later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,457 Posts
    kids next door?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2009
    2,726 Posts
    So it took a while to upload, but here you go iwork3daysaweek;
    The burning begins at about 1:00
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 8Friendly x 3Funny x 3Zing x 1Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    May 2010
    3,937 Posts
    You should put working cannons in the front. that would be enat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,001 Posts
    A small part of my entry (unfinished still) for the Multiplay contest.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2008
    440 Posts

Some minor updates on some hanging gardens I've been working on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    That Ranch I was working on in the OP? I decided to waste time in Photoshop:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb x 98Winner x 6Funny x 5Artistic x 2Informative x 2Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,515 Posts

worse than before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 40Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    worse than before.
    I agree. I was just bored today, so it was mildly entertaining to make.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22 (list)

20. Post #20
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,691 Posts

pls go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,019 Posts
    Just finished my warehouse. You can throw all your shit in here,

Then it will get sorted and put in boxes.

The mod for the pipes ect. is Buildcraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 19Useful Useful x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2009
    2,220 Posts
    A small part of my entry (unfinished still) for the Multiplay contest.

you put my trivial castles to SHAME i tell you SHAME

Edited:

also could i come see it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2010
    3,937 Posts

wow man what mod is that
    it looks amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 22Dumb x 3Winner x 2Informative x 2Agree x 1Zing x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,283 Posts
    Seeing what you guys already build makes the stuff I am doing seem rather small. Anyway planning a small Port city.

So far done the warehouse and the lighthouse with a small redstone circuit in it. Now to the infra structure and homes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic x 21Winner x 4Friendly x 1Agree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,001 Posts
    you put my trivial castles to SHAME i tell you SHAME

Edited:

also could i come see it?
    Right now the only people that can get on the server on contestants, but I'm sure when the contest is over they will let people come in and look at all of what was built.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    Little town i'm working on

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,055 Posts
    Just finished my warehouse. You can throw all your shit in here,

Then it will get sorted and put in boxes.

The mod for the pipes ect. is Buildcraft.
    Easier to have a deposit chest and have a redstone engine on it and running at all times and just toss everything in there and let it do it that way if you got alot of crap to sort. Also have obsidian pipes at the bottom to pick up overflows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,019 Posts
    Easier to have a deposit chest and have a redstone engine on it and running at all times and just toss everything in there and let it do it that way if you got alot of crap to sort. Also have obsidian pipes at the bottom to pick up overflows.
    Good idea indeed, Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

29. Post #29
    A cardboard cut-out of a man.
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    Church/Temple like thing built into the ground.

Gallows in the back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    May 2010
    3,937 Posts
    Remove the goddamn mushrooms, first of all. They don't really do well in that enviroment, unless you were to do some shit to make it looks more magic or mystic, they mostly fit in darker scenes.

If you're going for a evil church, make some dead/leafless trees here and there, and maybe put up random cheap graves around to give it a feel. If it's a holier kind of church, put up pine/birch trees, and make one of the logs glowstone so it glows at night. That would do a lot of good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    A cardboard cut-out of a man.
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    nah it looks fine to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,001 Posts
    I've been screwing around with all the various mods that change the height of the map, and had finally given up. They all caused me a great deal of lag or didn't want to work at all. Then I stumbled upon a mod that was incredibly easy to install and doesn't cause me any lag, even though it doubled the map height. At any rate, thought I'd post some really neat areas of a map I'm going to build in.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14Winner Winner x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    I've been wanting to raise the height limit for months. What mod did you use?

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,001 Posts
    There are a few out there.

The ones I tried and failed with were Robinton's Cubic Chunk mod
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...obintons-mods/
    and Fishtaco's height mod
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ps-height-mod/

However, someone by the name of thebombzen, whose mods haven't even got that attention, has made several useful mods, including the height changing one I'm using currently.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...bombzens-mods/
    Down at the bottom is WorldAndGenerationTweaks, which is what changes the height from 128 to 256. It does some other things that you may not like, but I get along decently with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,283 Posts
    Progressing further on the port/market area, added a guardhouse,foreman's quarter, an armory and a blacksmith. Also expanded the wall and added a larger gate.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Winner Winner x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2010
    307 Posts
    There are a few out there.

The ones I tried and failed with were Robinton's Cubic Chunk mod
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...obintons-mods/
    and Fishtaco's height mod
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ps-height-mod/

However, someone by the name of thebombzen, whose mods haven't even got that attention, has made several useful mods, including the height changing one I'm using currently.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...bombzens-mods/
    Down at the bottom is WorldAndGenerationTweaks, which is what changes the height from 128 to 256. It does some other things that you may not like, but I get along decently with them.
    Thanks the world tweaks mod sounds great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ireland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,118 Posts
    Just started playing, here is my little house:
    http://imgur.com/a/lJ2uh

Not too big or artistic or winner but it's nice and i can look at spiders and creepers from the balcony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly x 4Funny x 2Informative x 1Winner x 1Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,055 Posts
    I just managed to toss together a chicken farm off on a island next to a bigger island. They are shitting out eggs like no tomorrow. Soon I will flip a switch and they will all fall down and into a channel and be cooked.

Next step is to work on the large oil deposit and start on that.

Edited:

Also redstone power towers:
    The towers without their shell:

and with its shell and lit up:

Go into mcedit and plop a few down and fix a wiring problem and you are good to go.

They are quite powerful when you have a few or 2 extremely large ones. Best to hook them up to certain contraptions to make it simpler. I had 4 running a quarry, 2 pumps, and a refinery just fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2010
    307 Posts
    Not really a project for for the first time EVER i legitly got a full diamond tool set and legitly went to the nether!WELL YEAH!only took 1hr 40mins now im gonna build something!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,055 Posts
    Fucking technic pack is so unstable. Just crashed and lost everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)