1. Post #1
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    Shamelessly copied from old megathread's op to make up enjoy free scII melee lessons from your God King - Jack Of Trades

Starcraft II is a real time strategy game produced and developed by Blizzard Entertainment as a sequel to one of the most popular and best selling games of all time, Starcraft.

Part One of the three part Starcraft II series is currently released. The other two (Heart of The Swarm and Legacy of the Void) have no planned release date.

The Races

Lead by the former human ghost Sarah Kerrigan, the Zerg remain a strong opponent in the Starcraft Universe. Their numbers rival any other race and they swarm like a disease across space. Striving for perfection, the Zerg assimilate other races into their own to create different strains of the insectoid race. Instead of having a democratic system, the Zerg are led by Kerrigan and think as a Hive Mind (one being).

Units
    http://www.starcraft-source.com/unit...ace/view/?id=3

The Terran are the human fictional version of us. They are nomadic and often move around to different areas to gather and deplete areas of resources just to stay alive. They are also the most dangerous in terms of loyalty. It is not uncommon to find the Terran fighting with each other for dominance despite the Zerg infestation.

Units
    http://www.starcraft-source.com/unit...ace/view/?id=2

Considered to be the perfect race and the most technologically advanced. Despite their warrior like ideas and tribal instincts, the Protoss remain neutral only for the protection of the galaxy and life itself. Because of their perfection and intelligent attributes, they are the targeted race for the Zerg to assimilate into.

Units
    http://www.starcraft-source.com/unit...ace/view/?id=1

The Galaxy Editor

The Galaxy Editor is a part of Starcraft II if you have purchased the game or have downloaded the beta. It is considered one of the most robust RTS editors in Blizzard's history. With more options to change units and structures, more emphasis is focused on producing custom games that move further and further away from the RTS gameplay.

Here is a demonstration by Blizzard at Blizzcon to show how much you can do:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=joNPrnY4K_4

The possibilities are endless. If you have any ideas, feel free to share them and try to help each other produce maps.

More will be added to the OP as time goes on. I created this thread because we only had the other 'Who's Ready' thread. If you have pictures from the beta or the full game, private message me with a link to the picture so that I can put it in.

Facepunch Starcrafters List!

Facepunch 1v1 League

Now for a AD for my Starcraft II Campaign - The Harbingers
    Map 1 is released ON US(type The Harbingers)
    I currently need testers for Map 2, SO PM me if interested.
    Also if you get invited you get into a fancy steam group
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Obligatory new thread smell post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    Hell, it's about time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,277 Posts
    I should really come back to this to see if they have any good TDs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    I should really come back to this to see if they have any good TDs.
    Squadron Tower Defense
    Gem TD
    Elemental TD(added wars mode)
    Line Tower Wars

Then there are random non popular ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    12,111 Posts
    ZERG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Time to take everyone's ladder points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Couldn't you have chosen a title that wouldn't have invited someone who made the thread that much worse?

You know, just a suggestion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    Couldn't you have chosen a title that wouldn't have invited someone who made the thread that much worse?

lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts

That was the point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    That was the point.
    The point was to make the thread worse? Why bother making the thread at all, then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    You guys should check out the OPs maps, they're pretty fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    You guys should check out the OPs maps, they're pretty fun.
    Oh why thankyou!

ANYWAY - I still need testers, just having Biotic isnt going to cut it!

Also - Screen shot of TRIGGERS

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,486 Posts
    Oh why thankyou!

I wanna play your maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    I wanna play your maps
    Add me on steam, ill get you in the beta group, ive got a new version of map 2 for people to play, so yeah, your just in time.

16. Post #16
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    Oh why thankyou!

Seeing that screenshot makes me feel respect for you, for the pain you've endured working with the SC2 editor. You're a hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    Forever Terran Edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    Seeing that screenshot makes me feel respect for you, for the pain you've endured working with the SC2 editor. You're a hero.
    Oh your so nice, here is an updated one I just took.

K I got about half of map 2 done(its max map size 256x256(map 1 was 96x96) so I really need testers, ADD ME on steam to get into beta testing group etc

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,678 Posts
    Well I've gotten back into 1v1 and the game is putting me against platinum and I'm winning so I'm pretty hopeful for a promotion into plat.

More importantly, though, i got my baneling avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    Well I've gotten back into 1v1 and the game is putting me against platinum and I'm winning so I'm pretty hopeful for a promotion into plat.

More importantly, though, i got my baneling avatar
    I remember that feeling, getting your first avatar for melee, then realizing that there people who have all the avatars :insert frown here, I dont know the code:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,678 Posts
    I remember that feeling, getting your first avatar for melee, then realizing that there people who have all the avatars :insert frown here, I dont know the code:
    baneling is like 50 wins and it's the best avatar anyways so im content

22. Post #22
    September 2009
    5,049 Posts
    I'm still so shit at this game it's amazing.
    I'm dirt tier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    Still need testers and 1 more voice actor(for a mean male general(in case any of you is female))
    To help promote I HAVE more pictures

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Who needs a baneling avatar when you get the very best avatar by default?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    12,111 Posts
    i only use the female avatars so i can get the psychological advantage from the get go "OH i'm vsing a girl???? this will be easy!" or they will think i'm a sexy lady and focus on trying to get in my pants and then their macro will slip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Useful Useful x 7Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    i only use the female avatars so i can get the psychological advantage from the get go "OH i'm vsing a girl???? this will be easy!" or they will think i'm a sexy lady and focus on trying to get in my pants and then their macro will slip
    One of my irl friends does that when he ladders.

Several people have asked if he's a girl.

27. Post #27
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    well apparently no one will pm me to play test, so ill just ask - play this map
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21146...+map2+v2.8.rar

drag the map from the .rar onto ur SCII icon.

tell me if its too hard / too easy

also note - the fire things, means that beyond that is nothing.

28. Post #28
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,235 Posts
    Where's the next campaign, Heart of the Swarm?
    The campaign is literally the only part of Starcraft I play.

29. Post #29
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    Where's the next campaign, Heart of the Swarm?
    The campaign is literally the only part of Starcraft I play.
    Probably wont be out till summer or next Christmas if we are lucky.
    For the time being, play my Campaign - The Harbingers - Part 2 is in development , download it here. http://www.gamefront.com/files/21146...+map2+v2.8.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Its a little bit too hard for most people but I like it.

I take it its unfinished because I just got to the orange base and that was that. All there was left was empty map.

It has that SC1 feel where you establish a base and you actually have to defend it as the AI sends small squadrons of units to destroy it.

For some reason a lot of the buildings can't lift so I ended up mining myself out and not being able to float my 2nd OC that I built inbase to the next mineral patches Stim and Combat Shields don't work.

31. Post #31
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    Its a little bit too hard for most people but I like it.

I take it its unfinished because I just got to the orange base and that was that. All there was left was empty map.

It has that SC1 feel where you establish a base and you actually have to defend it as the AI sends small squadrons of units to destroy it.

For some reason a lot of the buildings can't lift so I ended up mining myself out and not being able to float my 2nd OC that I built inbase to the next mineral patches Stim and Combat Shields don't work.
    Combat shields work for me, Stim I have yet to try, Flying CC's I accidentally took that out, its already back in. Anyway here is a screen shot of the editor, im about 70% done with the map terrain I think.

Speaking of terrain, for anyone that played map 2, do you like the terrain?

32. Post #32

January 2011
    182 Posts
    I like the terrain, it suits the feel really well. On a side note if you ever need testers, I can test for you :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #33
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    I like the terrain, it suits the feel really well. On a side note if you ever need testers, I can test for you :)
    Then download the version I posted a post or two up. If you haven't already played map 1, go on BNET and search "The Harbingers"

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    I hate any campaign that has you fight marines vs marines because microing marines vs marines is borderline impossible. :(

I only play campaign because it's fun to destroy the map with some micro since Blizz intended it for casuals.

Edited:

Still though, quite amazing for a 1 man project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

35. Post #35
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,486 Posts
    Combat shields work for me, Stim I have yet to try, Flying CC's I accidentally took that out, its already back in. Anyway here is a screen shot of the editor, im about 70% done with the map terrain I think.

Speaking of terrain, for anyone that played map 2, do you like the terrain?

I can confirm stim doesn't work after a few uses. I remember having it and then it randomly disappearing after I used it once or twice.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,763 Posts
    I hate any campaign that has you fight marines vs marines because microing marines vs marines is borderline impossible. :(

I only play campaign because it's fun to destroy the map with some micro since Blizz intended it for casuals.

Edited:

I remember playing the campaign when I first got SC2. I played it on normal and got damn it was hardcore as shit.
    Then a month or so ago I played a mission on hard, I just kept making SCVs, Marines and Medics. Suddenly the 3 mutas that come don't seem so scary...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

37. Post #37
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts

Edited:

Thanks man!!, and sorry about marine vs marines, im trying to ease the player into conflict IE, brown sends infantry, OJ sends mech+infantry, yellow fucks your face.

Also I fixed stimpack for newest version. Ill probably finish the terrain tonight, and add yellows base.

38. Post #38
    June 2008
    597 Posts
    How fucking long has there been a Facepunch division?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

39. Post #39
    March 2009
    3,183 Posts
    In other news, ive fulfilled my voice quota - Dryvnt will be useing his British Vocal Cords to voice DR EVIL OF THE EVIL DOMINION EMPIRE(im fucking horrible at thinking of people names)

40. Post #40
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    Oh yeah, I remember Dryvnt's voice when he was on skype with Biotic and the rest of us!