Like Dwarf Fortress, the community of which has a motto which is ‘It’s fun to lose’, what we’re offering here isn’t a game where your characters goal is to save the world, find a cure or flee to the promised land.
TL;DR – Just Give Me The Gist
[release]Project Zomboid is a Zombie Survival RPG. Here are some of its planned features:
• Retro-isometric style with plenty of zombie insides thrown in for good measure.
• A massive city and the surrounding areas to traverse, explore and loot.
• Open-ended sandbox world – survival is your only goal, and we’re sorry to tell you… you WILL die eventually.
• Get infected. How will you spend your final days? Will you have a heroic moment of self-sacrifice, or end up chewing your best friend’s throat out?
• Meet other survivors who you can join forces with, trade with, undertake missions for, or fight with for resources.
• Loot, salvage, and build what you need to survive the apocalypse, from food and medical supplies, to weapons, even just booze to help get you through the nights.
• Advanced item crafting allows you to use looted items to build weapons, traps, defenses, and many other things to help you survive.
• Character progression. Learn skills and perks to help your character face the challenges of survival.
• Starvation, illness, loneliness, depression, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide, insanity, trust issues. There’s more to zombie survival than shooting zombie heads off.
• Join your friends and survive the apocalypse together in co-op multiplayer.
• The world changes the longer you survive; power plants fail, plunging the city into darkness and making batteries and tinned food prized commodities. The army rolls into the streets to perform ‘clean up operations’ and other gamechanging events occur the longer you survive.
•Play in your browser, or stand-alone, on PC, Mac and Linux.[/release]
If you want to try out the game for free?
This is the demo and on their website at: www.projectzomboid.com
You can buy their game and support their game.
I'd like to give a thank you to Samuka97 for letting me use his photobucket to use his Media sign. I'd also like to thank everyone for helping me finding cool videos to put it up here.
I really love the new lightning video! It's really fucking dark though.