1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,740 Posts
    repasted to the very top because people can't read
    One very important thing you should do is join our irc by pressing f1, typing irc and typing /join #mingapore in the server tab, I can't stress enough how important it is. It's an ingame chatroom where you can ask for help and have fun.

Wurm Online Invasion V. Now with PvP, Less Rules & Only 8 Minutes Away From Spawn!
    (Picture here)

For a TL:DR skip down to TRULLIS GUIDE

About Wurm
    Wurm online is a MMOFS (Massively Multiplayer Online Fantasy Simulator) in which players set out alone, or in groups of players into a large unmapped world, for the most part pioneering this wild land.
    From large peaks, to hidden valleys, the lands of Wurm are absolutely huge, taking 10+ hours to reach one corner of the map to another allowing for seclusion if wanted.
    Wurm allows for an unheard of amount of freedom, from clearcutting forests leaving plains, to terraforming small hills into great peaks (if you know the trade secrets)
    to even allowing for building of houses wherever you please, Wurm is truly one of the most freeform MMO's around.
    On top of being freeform in tradeskills, it does have a weak fighting system that is mainly supported by quality crafters,
    it allows for warring between towns, factions and other players, allowing for wars to be fought out with words in politics or with swords in the battlefield.
    Currently there are 7 servers that is divided into 2 clusters(not counting GV since you cant play there anymore unless you have an alt): Freedom and epic. All the freedom servers are open for free to play. These servers consists of: Independence, Deliverance, Exodus, Wild(now chaos where we are) you can freely sail between these servers however you cant sail to the epic cluster
    Epic constist of a main battleground(elevation) and 3 other home servers(Serenity, Affliction and desertion) the JK and MR are open for free to play aswell. While elevation and the hots home server is premium only.
    You can sail between these 4 servers but cannot sail to freedom.

That's right, now with PvP!

The old wild server (now appropriately renamed chaos) opened up for free players with pvp. You can pretty much kill anyone freely.
    Non premiums get no penalties for killing anyone, and premiums get no penalities for killing non premiums.
    You can now bash houses too and lockpick even more shit.
    So we decided it would be time to make another invasion here since the last proper one was a year ago(minglamabad doesnt count (<-atazs wrote that, fuck you))

When does it start?

Officially, it starts Saturday but that's only because we had to pick an official (sort of) date, but you can come right now as we are already here.

How do I get to you guys

It's never been simpler, you either
    a) Ask us to pick you up from one of the freedom servers
    b) Go through the tutorial and spawn at the landing.

When you are at the end of the tutorial at the portal area, follow the signs towards Freedom Isles, there will be a sign pointing left to Exodus and a sign pointing right to Freedom Isles. Go to freedom isles and choose Chaos.
    http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php...illage_Roadmap http://i.imgur.com/ehD5s.jpg map by borken, thanks borken
    We have MOVED and are now located at 60,15. New Pryjpat

We are located here, only 8 minutes away from the landing, there will be a video right here when it's uploaded

One very important thing you should do is join our irc by pressing f1, typing irc and typing /join #mingapore in the server tab, I can't stress enough how important it is. It's an ingame chatroom where you can ask for help and have fun.

Rules

1. Treat everyone with respect.

List of Veterans at the Current Invasion Site aka the guys you should listen to

Atazs [The Hateful] (Excavator,Dragonslayer, Trollslayer, Soldier, Shieldsman, Carpenter, Digger, Mason, Prospector, Handyman, Miner) FP name adarrek
    Trullilulli (Chainsmith, Trollslayer)
    Hashmere (Miner, Digger, Chainsmith, Trollslayer, Mastermine)
    Delex (Dragonslayer, Trollslayer) FP name fhenexx
    Vaunstrungel (Dragonslayer, Trollslayer)
    Brqqq
    Stalk

Wurm FAQ

What should I do once I arrive at the camp?
    Anything you want, if you're looking for a job ask around, otherwise make a house.

How do I fight?
    SWITCH OFF AUTOFIGHT
    Right Click & Target what you want to kill.
    In the combat tab it tells you if you hit something or something hit you, in the upper right you will see some very useful information.

1. Use normal fighting.
    2. Useless shit
    3. The eye lets you focus, useless at low fs. Shieldbash lets you get down someone elses focus, useless. Foot tells you how good your footing is. If its red then your footing is bad, green is good. Good footing is achieved by a height advantage.
    4. This will tell you how close or how far away to get from your target. Too Far and Close are no good.

Where can I get some food?
    We are going to have a soup kichen or someshit, until then you will have to fast. You don't die of hunger in this game.

Why am I going slow?
    Weight affects speed, try drop something. You may also have climb on which is used for climbing slopes otherwise unclimbable I guess.

Why am I building slow?
    Probably because you have 0 stamina. Don't do actions with 0 stamina because it's slow as fuck. Always wait for it to go up.

TRULLY LULLYS GUIDE TO GETTING SHIT DONE IN WORM ONLINE

HOW GET TO INVASION

MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT AND CHOOSE TO SPAWN AT THE WILD SERVER CALLED CHAOS.
    If you are at the end of the tutorial at the portal area, follow the signs towards Freedom Isles, there will be a sign pointing left to Exodus and a sign pointing right to Freedom Isles. Go to freedom isles and choose Chaos

http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php...illage_Roadmap
    We have MOVED and are now located at 60,15. New Pryjpat

TRULLIS PROTIP FOR WALKING FROM THE LANDING TO SITE: http://filesmelt.com/dl/masterplan.png, http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php...illage_Roadmap http://i.imgur.com/ehD5s.jpg map by borken
    AS YOU CAN SEE THE LANDING IS VERY CLOSE TO THE SITE AND YOU SHOULD FIGURE IT OUT REAL EASY.

HOW MAKE HOUSE

MAKE PLANKS AND GET YOUR CARPENTRY UP. DOUBLE CLICK ON HATCHET, RIGHT CLICK ON A TREE, CHOP TREE TILL ITS DEAD. RIGHT CLICK ON SLAIN TREE & CHOP IT AGAIN FOR A LOG. SAW + LOG = PLANK. YOU NEED ATLEAST 5 CARPENTRY FOR A HOUSE.
    TRULLIS PROTIP: MALLET = SHAFT(CARVING KNIFE + LOG) + MALLET HEAD(CARVING KNIFE + LOG). YOU NEED A MALLET FOR ALMOST FUCKING EVERYTHING. INCLUDING A HOUSE.
    TO PLAN HOUSE DOUBLE CLICK MALLET AND RIGHT CLICK GROUND AND PLAN, THEN FINALIZE AND BUILD. THEN YOU NEED NAILS. ASK SOMEONE TO MAKE THEM FOR YOU OR IF YOU'RE FEELING ESPECIALLY CRAZY MAKE THEM YOURSELF.

IM LOST WHAT DO IM GOING TO DIED

RETRACE STEPS, ASK FOR HELP, DESCRIBE SURROUNDINGS, FIND COASTLINE.
    TRULLIS PROTIP: http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Maps http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php...illage_Roadmap WILD VILLAGE ROADMAP IS FUCKING USEFUL

KEYBOARD SHORT CUTS

F1 IS CONSOLE
    F2 IS SKILLS
    F3 IS INVENTORY
    H THE GOLDEN KEY, THE WIKI
    TRULLIS PROTIP: everything else is USELESS

HOW GET IN IRC, VERY IMPORTANT OR ELSE YOU WONT KNOW WTF IS GOING ON

PRESS F1
    TYPE " irc "
    LET IT LOAD, TYPE " /join #mingapore " IN THE SERVER TAB.
    TRULLIS PROTIP: NO ONE USES LOCAL, JOIN THE IRC EVEN BEFORE YOU GOT TO THE TOWN FOR MAXIMUM HELPFULNESS

Misc: There will be events such as going scouting, hunting, looting, maybe raiding deeds aswell as doing projects in town such as china mine and other enormous stuff. And there will be free stuff handed out such as lockpicks pelts and other items.
    Also I will hand out free armor to everyone.

Useful Links

http://www.wurmonline.com/forum/ Wurm forum
    http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page Wurm wiki IT SHOULD BE YOUR BIBLE

Previous Threads

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=949307
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1031231?highlight=wurm
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1059574?highlight=wurm
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1094349?highlight=wurm

Videos

killing a wildcat in last years January/February invasion.

Pictures of Wurm

See you ingame

repasted to the very bottom because people can't read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,501 Posts
    List of wurm veterans:
    Atazs [The Hateful] (Excavator,Dragonslayer, Trollslayer, Soldier, Shieldsman, Carpenter, Digger, Mason, Prospector, Handyman, Miner) FP name adarrek
    Trullilulli (Chainsmith, Trollslayer) FP name trullilulli
    Hashmere (Miner, Digger, Chainsmith, Trollslayer, Mastermine) FP name hashmere
    Delex (Dragonslayer, Trollslayer) FP name fhenexx
    Vaunstrungel (Dragonslayer, Trollslayer)
    Alts of veterans:
    Adarrek (atazs)
    Tenedor (delex)
    Fendor (Brqqq) FP name Brq
    Scribbles (Ageless, Trollslayer, Miner) FP name V12Us
    Listen to these people because they have been playing for a while and has been in most of the invasions in the past 2 years.
    :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    By (picture here) i meant put a fucking picture there
    You said you arent coming and are bored of wurm? Can put you there if you are coming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,882 Posts
    i will murder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,501 Posts
    Also, why are we in General Games Discussion? We, by tradition, always make the invasion threads in General Discussion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #6
    June 2009
    1,879 Posts
    Atazs, always angry... ALL THE TIME.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    255 Posts
    :C Aw i'm not on the Wurm Veterans list either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,740 Posts
    sadly we may not be able to remember everyone so if you ARE on the list just post here along with your wurm username and you will be added
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    Who are you ingame?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

10. Post #10
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,107 Posts
    I might come, it's a shame this is happening now and not during a half term or anything.

Stealing is my favourite past time, after deforestation. It'd be nice to do it without a mod getting pissy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    Who are you ingame?
    Isn't Milp like... Milp

I think I saw the name Milp appearing a couple of times in jk chat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,058 Posts
    Oh man, to join or not to join. I've got around 20 in carpentry and a good bit of digging/mining and cooking. But, I think I'm still in the really old invasion camp. Is there a fast travel way to get to you guys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,581 Posts
    I'd totally fucking go if it wasn't for Atazs's dickwaddery and douchebaggery :O

That, and I have a HUEG amount of exams coming up soon. Study time needed.

Plus, I'm kind of bored of the game :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,718 Posts
    My computer picked the perfect time to die, guess I'm out on this one for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #15
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    Oh man, to join or not to join. I've got around 20 in carpentry and a good bit of digging/mining and cooking. But, I think I'm still in the really old invasion camp. Is there a fast travel way to get to you guys?
    Sailing is the only way, or hope some one will pick you up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #16

January 2012
    1 Posts
    Since a lot of people left Chaos for the new pay-only server, there's bound to be loads of abandoned towns just waiting to be looted.

(Also this is Hashmere, I'm using this temp account cause I can't remember my password on my other PC).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,107 Posts
    But the question is, will gmantwelve be there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,740 Posts
    not really short of making a rowboat, paying for a lift or having one of us to pick you up :<
    or just make a new account

ofc not :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

19. Post #19
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    My computer picked the perfect time to die, guess I'm out on this one for a while.
    I could never understand how people's PC can just suddenly die. Im using this one for 3 years now and no problems. Oh well i hope you can make it in the end at least sad to hear you cant come

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,723 Posts
    I'll join in under a f2p character. Now to just go through the tutorial once again.

Used the username: Zorraizz

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,058 Posts
    I'll load up my game and see where I am.

22. Post #22
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    I hunt down his forum alts, wurm alts should be easier :)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,058 Posts
    Alright looks like I'm on the Freedom server, how the hell did I get here? Anyway, if I just /suicide will I respawn in a place you guys can pick me up? I'm carrying some useful things but I have no idea where I am.

24. Post #24
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    Alright looks like I'm on the Freedom server, how the hell did I get here? Anyway, if I just /suicide will I respawn in a place you guys can pick me up? I'm carrying some useful things but I have no idea where I am.
    So if you suicide how will you get those useful things? Also you can only spawn at freedom market Also what useful stuff do you have? Anything under 50ql and non enchanted leave them we can make better ones

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,058 Posts
    By useful things I just mean improved basic tools. A few things that take minor grinding, and for some reason three house keys.

26. Post #26
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    No we're at a different server, the only way to come is to either make a new account and spawn at Chaos, or have someone sail you there (doubt anyone will)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,740 Posts
    your best bet would be to make a new account and have it as your alt, skills up to 20 will be gotten quite quickly and we have all the tools you would need here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,058 Posts
    And yeah, a giant spider ate me so I'm back at the market.

29. Post #29
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    By useful things I just mean improved basic tools. A few things that take minor grinding, and for some reason three house keys.
    As i said if its below 50ql and non enchanted just leave them they arent worth the hassle

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,058 Posts
    It was, just a bunch of poor mans gear.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Looks good, I might join in, but the OP is a horribly formatted mess

What's with it starting saturday though, is it a fresh map too?

32. Post #32
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,786 Posts
    I remember this from back in February. Too bad my account got deleted because I didn't use it for 2 months
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #33
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    I remember this from back in February. Too bad my account got deleted because I didn't use it for 2 months
    Make a new one then

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Wait shit they seriously do that? Only if you didn't subscribe right?

35. Post #35

January 2012
    38 Posts
    Fucking awesome, it's been a while since I've played. This game is so much more fun with friends/comrades.

Okay, my Wurm launcher is getting stuck on "Downloading application." Any idea why that's happening?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    I bought something online that's only aesthetic
    May 2006
    509 Posts
    I am not a veteran? Fuck the ploice.

Probably too busy to join in this invasion but I will see if i have any stuff left from the previous invasions to donate.

37. Post #37
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    I am not a veteran? Fuck the ploice.
    Didnt you quit like after like a few days last year in february? Just because you lead the people to the spot that time doesnt make you a vet

Edited:
    Wait shit they seriously do that? Only if you didn't subscribe right?
    Yeah if you bought premium even once your char is permanent i think

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    255 Posts
    Who are you ingame?
    Milp and Smbh, been playing since the FP Pirate Outpost in '07

I'm having my own village though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events

39. Post #39
    I bought something online that's only aesthetic
    May 2006
    509 Posts
    Didnt you quit like after like a few days last year in february? Just because you lead the people to the spot that time doesnt make you a vet
    Along with the boat stealing adventure I donated to the settlement token and played for a couple of weeks before having to deal with real-life problems, was also there for the great sandstorm and china mine. I totally need to be on that list so my penis gets bigger.

But good luck with the settlement this time round, hopefully it will last longer than the usual cycle of invasions. I might log in when i can and make some surplus of food.

40. Post #40
    May 2010
    2,381 Posts
    Along with the boat stealing adventure I donated to the settlement token and played for a couple of weeks before having to deal with real-life problems, was also there for the great sandstorm and china mine. I totally need to be on that list so my penis gets bigger.

But good luck with the settlement this time round, hopefully it will last longer than the usual cycle of invasions. I might log in when i can and make some surplus of food.
    Maybe but all of us on the vet list has been playing between invasions and has been the organisers of mingapore, minglamabad new mingapore on deliverance and this. Also we have many high skills
    Milp and Smbh, been playing since the FP Pirate Outpost in '07

I'm having my own village though
    Well if you want you are welcome to join us and we can put you on the vet list