1. Post #1
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,618 Posts
    Looks like we are gonna get a steam app soon?

http://store.steampowered.com/apple-...recomposed.png

"Friends_mobile_device_only""%s1 on Mobile Device"
    "Friends_mobile_device_extra""%s1, Mobile"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2010
    995 Posts
    Lots of websites have a "apple touch icon" like that, it just gives it a nicer icon when you add a bookmark to that site on your homescreen.

The 'on mobile device' thing looks promising though. Would be nice even if it was just a messaging app.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

3. Post #3
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,446 Posts
    Yeah, that icon is used for the homescreen bookmark icon.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    That'd be cool but what would it be used for? Just a mobile version of the steam website/community and chat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Der F├╝hrer
    January 2011
    4,114 Posts
    We've got SteamDroid (which has a web-app that works perfect on iOS as well)

Here it is!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2010
    10 Posts
    There's this app called imo which can also do Steam, apparently. Some of my friends use it.

7. Post #7
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,618 Posts

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,033 Posts
    We've got SteamDroid (which has a web-app that works perfect on iOS as well)

Here it is!
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/115...1#post34355842

Apparently, Hexxeh is porting it to iOS!

9. Post #9
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,446 Posts
    http://store.steampowered.com/mobile

Apparently the OP was correct.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,283 Posts
    Now i can speak to random people on steam when i am bored.

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    114 Posts
    It says you need a beta key to use the app. Where does one find this beta key?

12. Post #12
    This title is totally OVERKILLÖ!
    November 2011
    8,600 Posts
    So how do I get a beta-key?

Or are they just getting ready for the full release and are preparing the unlock-update?

13. Post #13
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,446 Posts
    By trying to sign in they put you on the list for the beta, so you'll get one soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,481 Posts
    There's this app called imo which can also do Steam, apparently. Some of my friends use it.
    One is made by Valve.
    One is not.
    Which one would you trust with your password and hundreds of dollars worth of games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    650 Posts
    Pretty sure they both use the Steam API meaning you're trusting your password to Valve in both cases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Damn, can't install it on my iPod Touch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Der F├╝hrer
    January 2011
    4,114 Posts
    Damn, can't install it on my iPod Touch
    I literally cried when I also discovered this. God dammit Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    I literally cried when I also discovered this. God dammit Valve.
    Apple's fault, not Valve's

19. Post #19
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,192 Posts
    You can install it on IPod Touch 4th Gen ( i installed it on my sister's and it works!).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2012
    9 Posts
    I thought the beta was closed?

21. Post #21
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    Fuck im really bored about damn Beta, why we can download steam apps if we can't login instead
    on my iphone apps it's say "Account Not in Beta" ...

I really hate all of these god damn Beta ... too long for wait ...

22. Post #22
    January 2012
    9 Posts
    Fuck im really bored about damn Beta, why we can download steam apps if we can't login instead
    on my iphone apps it's say "Account Not in Beta" ...

I really hate all of these god damn Beta ... too long for wait ...
    I think it's stupid. Why add the app in the app store if nobody can use it? It won't work if you try to log in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    "TL;DR" is not an acceptable response to this post.
    May 2005
    1,471 Posts
    I think it's stupid. Why add the app in the app store if nobody can use it? It won't work if you try to log in.
    If your Steam account is on beta on your computer and you try to sign in, it puts you on the waiting list to get access and a gift pass.

Me and my girlfriend signed up on our iPhones at the same time - about a day and a half later, we could access it and gift a copy of access out to others.

It's not amazing yet though, as it signs you out of Steam chat as soon as you close the app - so just get on the list and not worry if you have to wait a week as you won't be missing on a huge experience just yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    If your Steam account is on beta on your computer and you try to sign in, it puts you on the waiting list to get access and a gift pass.

Me and my girlfriend signed up on our iPhones at the same time - about a day and a half later, we could access it and gift a copy of access out to others.

It's not amazing yet though, as it signs you out of Steam chat as soon as you close the app - so just get on the list and not worry if you have to wait a week as you won't be missing on a huge experience just yet.
    Thanks for the info, i was thinking the beta closed is for no one until some one know peoples who work at steam...
    Or else some who played 1000 hours in all games in 2 weeks like for Gmod 13 beta ...

Ok then, the only thing we can do is wait maybe (who know ?) another day.
    I tried yesterday in the late of the day to sign in but still nothing yet.

25. Post #25
    May 2005
    1,471 Posts
    Thanks for the info, i was thinking the beta closed is for no one until some one know peoples who work at steam...
    Or else some who played 1000 hours in all games in 2 weeks like for Gmod 13 beta ...

Ok then, the only thing we can do is wait maybe (who know ?) another day.
    I tried yesterday in the late of the day to sign in but still nothing yet.
    Yeah man, just wait. My account has a little bit of time, but heaps of games - the other account has no hours and very few games on it, so I honestly don't think that's got anything to do with the selection criteria.

First come, first served, I presume.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,716 Posts
    I got into the beta a few minutes ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    I got into the beta a few minutes ago
    How did you know when you are in the beta ? did you see it in the email ?
    or just trying to connect in steam mobile ?

28. Post #28
    May 2005
    1,471 Posts
    How did you know when you are in the beta ? did you see it in the email ?
    or just trying to connect in steam mobile ?
    I personally just tried connecting, but that's because I didn't sign onto Steam and see that I was given a "gift". They say that you'll get an email, but I never got one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    Any one know if we can sign on the pc and mobile apps in the same time ?

30. Post #30
    Der F├╝hrer
    January 2011
    4,114 Posts
    Apple's fault, not Valve's
    No, Valve can compile it for the iTouch 2G's architecture and it'll work fine on the newer models. Not Apple's fault (for once.)

31. Post #31
    December 2008
    740 Posts
    Beta invite anyone? Got one spare

32. Post #32
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,415 Posts
    ME! Oh me!

33. Post #33
    December 2008
    740 Posts
    First to add on steam and I'll trade it (It's a gift thing)

Edited:

Gone

34. Post #34
    Karen Gillan <3
    April 2006
    3,550 Posts

Skyrim for $15?
    RAGE for $10?

What is this madness?

Also I have a spare beta invite if anyone wants it add me on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    You're thinking the price is weird, yet on the right phone, you have a guy asking in Russian "Hi, how are you" and then the other guy replies "Hello!" in Japanese
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,239 Posts
    Any one know if we can sign on the pc and mobile apps in the same time ?
    You can sign in to the PC and the Mobile version at the same time.