1. Post #1
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    New build, thread long due.

darksoul69, the owner of ElpisHost, has told us we can have a server for this build. Thanks!

Agree on the theme and get this show on the road.

Server IP is 199.30.49.147:25565. Ask for whitelisting here.

Theme is underwater, retrofuturistic city. May the creativity begin.

Alright, official format thing for applying to the build:

MC Name:

Previous building experience: images and videos only

IF YOU HAVE OVER 700 POSTS OR ARE ON A 8 MONTH OLD ACCOUNT OR ARE A [sup][sup][sup](non boostard)[/sup][/sup][/sup] GOLD MEMBER, YOU DON'T NEED THIS, BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE MORE LIKELY TO NOT SHIT THINGS UP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,056 Posts
    Whitelist please.
    medal12
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    So what happens, exactly?

SmokinChico requesting whitelist.

4. Post #4
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    DutchMustard reporting for duty

5. Post #5
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    shouldn't you guys like

agree on a theme
    before asking for whitelist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    What if we find some giant fuckass mountains and then build a village made by bridges between them?

Or something

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,056 Posts
    I thought we agreed on the underwater theme?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    raptureeeeeeeee......

9. Post #9
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    darksoul got the server ready, i'll set it up later and start whitelisting, aight? choose a theme, as soon as that's done the build shall start.

having a rapture would be cool, gotta say it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    What's a 'rapture'?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    May 2009
    2,755 Posts
    we shoud go with a modern style art
    Like do future like buildings and stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2010
    3,912 Posts
    An underwater city sounds cool, but I'd also like to do a boat city, with a bunch of boats hooked together with planks and stuff. That would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    May 2009
    359 Posts
    How about a desert village... sandstone houses with gardens on top, centred around a huge well, perhaps with a huge tiered garden (think the Gardens of babylon) and no ugly cobblestone!

Rapture sounds cool, but it would be hella difficult

If you're whitelisting please add heyitsdan, I'd love to help!

14. Post #14
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    An underwater city sounds cool, but I'd also like to do a boat city, with a bunch of boats hooked together with planks and stuff. That would be awesome.
    What about a boat city above an underwater city?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    May 2008
    231 Posts
    Just throwing an idea out there, but what about the Gungan's underwater city from star wars?

Also whitelist please, Kokopelli13
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,654 Posts
    Just throwing an idea out there, but what about the Gungan's underwater city from star wars?
    How would we do the glass

Anyways Rapture sounds fairly easy so long as we spawn in the water afterwards. I guess we should narrow down two or three themes, then have a vote.

So I guess I'll start with Rapture (since we'd already pretty much decided on it in the original thread). So, y'know, agrees for "yay Rapture" and disagrees not to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    An explanation what rapture is would be good.

18. Post #18
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    2,987 Posts
    An explanation what rapture is would be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    March 2011
    115 Posts
    rapture sounds good can i have i white-list i was on the old one
    mc name: Daylightbeast

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,452 Posts
    I'd love to join in, it'll give me something to do. MC name: WafflesMgee
    Does the IP get inboxed to me or something?

And I agree on rapture.

21. Post #21
    May 2009
    2,755 Posts
    Rapture sounds nice
    whitelist me please: bovabova

22. Post #22
    August 2011
    54 Posts
    Any server mods included?
    Would be nice to use Build-, Industrial- and ComputerCraft :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    Any server mods included?
    Would be nice to use Build-, Industrial- and ComputerCraft :>
    whats the point of using them on a build

24. Post #24
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    Since we don't have a new thread, and someone suggested we make a plan, here's my idea:

We do the Rapture city everyone has been talking about. Buildings sit on a grid on the ocean floo, and cannot come within eight blocks of the surface. Apart from that there are no restrictions. I recommend we go for a unique art style, with buildings having designs that would not work on dry land (floating platforms, massive glass domes, etc.) There should als be underwater streets between the buildings, lit by glowstone lanterns and given park benches and such, plus a submarine dock.

One the surface there should be a floating tower connecting the residents of the city to the surface world. It is were all visitors have to pass through to enter. It should be tall,, with a beacon at the top (colored glass mod?) and be connected by an elevator or stairway to the bottom.

Beneath the city we have the slums. Thee are long, narrow, and dimly lit tunnels and apartments dug beneath the ocean floor and connected to the above by a few well-secured gates and a few holes to the open ocean. These slums should be large and hard to navigate. There should also be an underground stadium for public entertainment, a mine, and maybe a couple of secluded vaults and the like.

The city should be huge, though we don't have to give it the retro bioshock look. Futuristic is also nice.

So, what do you think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    I'll do some of the redstone stuff, since that would be perfect for the theme.

I'll take a whitelist, you know who I am.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,927 Posts
    You'll need a duck on this team.

Minecraft Username: Ninja_Duck

Edited:

I'd love to join in, it'll give me something to do. MC name: WafflesMgee
    Does the IP get inboxed to me or something?

And I agree on rapture.
    I haven't spoken to you in forever.

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    Since we don't have a new thread, and someone suggested we make a plan, here's my idea:

We do the Rapture city everyone has been talking about. Buildings sit on a grid on the ocean floo, and cannot come within eight blocks of the surface. Apart from that there are no restrictions. I recommend we go for a unique art style, with buildings having designs that would not work on dry land (floating platforms, massive glass domes, etc.) There should als be underwater streets between the buildings, lit by glowstone lanterns and given park benches and such, plus a submarine dock.

One the surface there should be a floating tower connecting the residents of the city to the surface world. It is were all visitors have to pass through to enter. It should be tall,, with a beacon at the top (colored glass mod?) and be connected by an elevator or stairway to the bottom.

Beneath the city we have the slums. Thee are long, narrow, and dimly lit tunnels and apartments dug beneath the ocean floor and connected to the above by a few well-secured gates and a few holes to the open ocean. These slums should be large and hard to navigate. There should also be an underground stadium for public entertainment, a mine, and maybe a couple of secluded vaults and the like.

The city should be huge, though we don't have to give it the retro bioshock look. Futuristic is also nice.

So, what do you think?
    Let's all agree on this theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    A Rapture themed city sounds awesome, count me in. Minecraft name is "MarioDude146"

29. Post #29
    A cardboard cut-out of a man.
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    Because rapture totally hasnt been done a dozen and a half times before.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,369 Posts
    Because rapture totally hasnt been done a dozen and a half times before.
    Unlike a medieval city?

I'm on the slums.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Whitelist please! "Gunski"

I request a forest theme. So many possibilities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    and can you whitelist me? IGN is jrwolfi

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,654 Posts
    Two things: what's the IP, and ingame is jimmibiscuit, as always.

34. Post #34
    May 2010
    3,912 Posts
    Whitelist me as well, IGN Lizardo.

35. Post #35
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    IP is 199.30.49.147:25565.
    Server configured and ready to roll. All of you that asked so far have been whitelisted.

My suggestion: starting with a huge central hub with an immense glass dome and monorails crossing overhead, some shops and stuff.
    Should be shaped sort of like this (but much bigger)

Edited:

turns out filling shit with water isnt exactly trivial
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    320 Posts
    Might as well help, whitelist me: Boilrig

38. Post #38
    February 2012
    15 Posts
    Whitelist please:

crocktopus

39. Post #39
    May 2009
    2,755 Posts
    It says i am not whitelisted on this server

40. Post #40
    May 2009
    359 Posts
    Made a little garden right by the entrance just now. A kind of 'look at how easy it is to make a world' thing. I think it looks pretty nice, and once everything is underwater it will be even awesomer!

Guys in charge, if you think it looks really naff or doesn't suit Rapture, get rid of it, but since at the moment there isn't much direction, I thought I'd make something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)