Half-Life 3 / HL2 Episode three is an upcoming game from Valve software.
-May 9th, 2011: "We went through the episodes phase, and now were going towards shorter and even shorter cycles," Newell said in an interview published in Develop magazine. "For me, entertainment as a service is a clear distillation of the episodic content model," he added. Here's the entire interview.
-March, 2011: Video with Doug Lombardi
-October 21st, 2010: Gabe Newell says in an IGN interview that it's always hard to predict where Valve's direction of development will go next. He said, "As I'm reminded of on an almost daily basis, we seemed to be really excited about that episodic thing with [Half-Life 2] Episode One and Episode Two, and then we've gone completely radio silent subsequently. Sometimes it's even dangerous for us to predict what we'll do next." Read more at the bottom of this page.
-August 5th, 2010: "We hate to make you wait. But we have no announcements regarding Mr. Freeman or his ongoing adventures at this time", said Doug Lombardi. Noted in this CVG feature.
-August 12th, 2009: Gabe Newell explains in a SteamCast podcast interview that he has nothing to discuss of Ep3 for the time being. He says right now the company is in an experimental stage (of release rhythms) of game development. Still no ETA for Episode 3.
THREAD RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Half Life general items ONLY - exceptions towards events valve are attending with speculation and assumptions
2. Artwork is allowed but it cannot be stupid (2 second mspaint, gmod etc. jobs)
3. ARGS, hidden details in valve game textures, speculation and the other shit to be contained - do not run wild with guesses as they will cause you to look like a massive idiot
4. Contain your excitement - it is just a game don't get your dicks too wet.
5. Parody images/videos are allowed, just don't go crazy with them and they must be decent