1. Post #1
    January 2008
    6,356 Posts

Yo, G.I.M V10.

Going pretty good, even if we get closed after 42 pages (Threads close every month now)

We need a banner!!

[release]
    [h2]RULES[/h2]

Try to keep the images/videos/gifs/cave drawings you show interesting.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD POST THE NAME OF THE GAME YOU ARE SHOWING – I don’t care how obvious the game is, post the name of it. There is someone out there that will be interested and would like to know the name.

DO NOT Bitch when someone posts a BMP/PNG - this is a screenshot thread what did you expect? low quality images, nope!

DO NOT QUOTE LARGE GIFS.

DO NOT post Spoilers for recently released games – MEDIA TAGS DO NOT WORK SO YOU CANNOT HIDE THEM.

We are allowed to post LEAKED game image AS LONG AS you DO NOT say where/how you got it. That is classed as WAREZ and you will get banned.
    [/release]

Watevamans .GIF Tutorial
    [SUB]Spam him with PMs and Hearts to show how helpful you found the tut.[/SUB]

How to make quick .gifs: GIS Edition

Whatchu need:

-An input video in .avi format (FRAPS is what I use for game capture)
    -VirtualDub

Whatchu do:

I'm going to go ahead and assume you already have your video file in .avi format. If not, Google something called SUPER and get it into an .avi container.

With both VDub and your .avi video file at the ready, open up the VDub application (Veedub64 in my case) and you'll be greeted with a nice window that looks like this:

Can't do shit with this, so now what you want to do is take your video file and drag it into the VDub window, so now you'll have something like this:

If you're like me and you are recording fullscreen, you'll want to see both your input and output file so you can review how the .gif is going to come out. To resize the video you're seeing, right click the frame and select something managable like 50%:

As you can see in the shot above, there are now actually two frames on the screen. The one on the left (that you just resized to see the right one) is the video based on the input file. The one on the right is what you'll be seeing when you export your .gif. Keep this in mind as you work around.

Now that you have the program set up alright, it's time to get down to the .gif making. There are three main buttons that will help you when creating a .gif in VDub:

Home
    End
    Delete

Home is used to start a selection, End is used to stop the selection, and Delete will delete the selection. If you're deleting from the beginning of your .avi file, you don't need to start the selection with Home, simply create the endpoint by pressing End. In order to get finer control over which frames you're deleting, use the left and right arrow keys to go frame by frame. This can also be used to delete any duplicated frames, but be warned, as this can cause unwanted speed artifacts when you compile the .gif.

When you have narrowed down the area you wish to make a .gif of, it's time to make it reasonable enough to fit on the web. To do this, we're gonna have to resize and/or crop the frame. At the top of VDub, select Video>Filters. Then, select Add and scroll down to the Resize filter.

Because I'm using such a large native resolution, I usually choose a relative size of 25%. You can use any size that you choose, but remember that .gifs can get very large very fast and you don't want people having to load a 20MB .gif of your dancing elf in WoW.

You should notice now that the right frame has decreased in size:

This is good, as now you have a full feature preview of what your .gif will look like. If it's not looking good, you can go back to Video>Filters, select the Resize filter and then the "Cropping..." option to make it fit snug.

Once you're done with all this, go to File>Export>Animated GIF. Make sure you have selected "Infinite loop" or else the .gif will stop short.

Then, find the location you want to save it and hit Save. There you go, now you should have a .gif that you can upload to your site of choice and share with the world (aka this thread).

If you have any questions, just ask.

You can also make .gifs in some versions of Photoshop (I have CS4 and can), but there are tutorials all over the place for that, so I won't make one of those.

[release]
    Shitty Archive
    V1:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/762...General+Ingame
    V2:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/832...creenshots!-v2
    V3:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/870...Primal-Edition
    V4:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/952...ink-of-a-title
    V5:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...V5.?highlight=
    V6:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/108...an-2048-x-4000
    V7:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...-game-is-that-
    V8:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...-Whore-Edition
    V9:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1152052
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,701 Posts
    I rooted out my old Dazzle DVC 100 (its a pile of shit) and recorded some GT5 on PS3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3
    January 2008
    6,356 Posts
    Content:

L4D2

There was an unlimited hoard on a custom HL2 map.

Killing Floor

Headless Alan Rickman

ARMA 2:CO
    Our custom logo for our ARMA group

LA: Noire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,415 Posts
    "YOU MUST BE THIS TALL TO ENTER."

One minute later.

It's an alfa, alright

(rFactor is the game, in case anyone is wondering)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,255 Posts
    I'll just leave it here.

Greatswords are badass.

And the game is Dragon Age: Origins, box lovers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2008
    6,356 Posts

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Fuck, this is not the ending I wanted. I wanted the GOOD ending. I did EVERYTHING good, and I still had to shoot him.

Fuckballs.

Oh well, can't wait till Metro 2033: Last Light.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,637 Posts
    I will make a banner if there isn't one done by tonight, but everyone else feel free if you got it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #9
    Meetroo tventytirtytree
    You know you still kill him in the good ending right? You then shoot the nuke targeter while bracing yourself on his corpse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,646 Posts
    I prefer the old thread.. oh well

Star Trek Online
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #11
    :()
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts

Arma 2 best animations
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    666 Posts
    I prefer the old thread.. oh well

Star Trek Online
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,415 Posts
    rFactor. Jumped over some other slower driver.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 15 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts

i used the phone and got teleported through the wall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,456 Posts
    Thread is only an hour old and people are already breaking the first rule.

[h2]POST THE FUCKING NAME OF THE GAME IN YOUR SCREENSHOTS[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    Grand Theft Auto 1947
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    You know you still kill him in the good ending right? You then shoot the nuke targeter while bracing yourself on his corpse.
    What? Really? I wanna see if I can do that.

Lets see...

Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    655 Posts
    Dead Space 1 with forced AA and Anisotropic Filtering.

And have a random DiRT 2 screenshot.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

19. Post #19

August 2011
    836 Posts
    I cant wait for Max Payne 3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 35Agree x 1Winner x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    June 2010
    2,151 Posts
    Guess who I found in skyrim.

Vietnam dog!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,576 Posts
    GTA FOUR:

(no fucks given)

(still none)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,415 Posts
    That cleavage texture. Oh god.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    October 2009
    3,011 Posts
    so there was this lone bow ashigaru who lost all of his friends and decided to just sit there, while under fire. (didn't have fire arrows yet)

he survived.

game is shogun 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

24. Post #24
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    More like shogun 1.5

Although it's great the option to rape the graphics if you've difficulties running the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

25. Post #25
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    June 2006
    2,309 Posts

Ralof is taking the part where I murdered his sister and her fucking husband extremely well. Especially the part where he's casually cooking right next to a corpse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    1,285 Posts

Ralof is taking the part where I murdered his sister and her fucking husband extremely well. Especially the part where he's casually cooking right next to a corpse.
    yea what a guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #27
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Such a bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,828 Posts
    A bunch of my Skyrim screenshots. Pretty ones as well as odd ones.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

February 2010
    2,441 Posts

crysis 2 is too much fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,012 Posts
    I thought the first Crysis game was much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2008
    1,197 Posts

crysis 2 is too much fun
    it's too bad there are hardly any mods released for it unlike crysis 1 which has a ton. crysis 2 has such a great engine and a great editor; it's sad to see the potential wasted. i guess the modding community never really caught on like it did with the first game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,759 Posts
    Overlard 2: Fabulous Hippy Elves Edition

Oh and uh...

Obligatory throne shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,052 Posts
    overlord 2 is great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #34
    November 2009
    1,223 Posts
    Overlard 2: Fabulous Hippy Elves Edition
    Oh and uh...

What the fucking shit holy god oh jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35

February 2010
    2,441 Posts
    unless you count single maps and retextures there arnt really that many mods for crysis and only a couple of high quality ones (MWLL, call of the fireflies)most mod projects are WIP or dead

36. Post #36
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,052 Posts
    Falcon 4 BMS

i have no idea what i am doing but if i learned how to be a badass in dcs a-10 then i can sure as hell learn how to fly a f-16

now i just need to spend two hours trying to figure out how the hell to change my hotas buttons to have dms/tms controls and tgp zoom etc oh god the joy of setting up a controller just to even begin the learning process

Edited:

dcs a-10 badass as in it took me 3 months to figure out how to fire mavericks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Battlefield 3: C4 Delivery Express simulator

BEEP BEEP

MOTHERFUCKER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #38
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,412 Posts
    Dumping some skyrim screens

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,942 Posts
    Battlefield 3: C4 Delivery Express simulator

BEEP BEEP

MOTHERFUCKER
    Too bad that ain't yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,301 Posts
    Too bad that ain't yours.
    Also staged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)