Fix Up, Look Sharp v7! (Nobody made a new thread so I did Edition)
Massive credit goes to Tehfrog, for his excellent V5 OP.
Hello, and welcome to Fix Up! Look Sharp! Facepunch’s very own fashion thread. Before you start posting, please read the suggestions and guidelines listed below.
Some posting guidelines!
1. Be nice! I know it is tempting to lash out at people who you don’t agree with, but the last thing we need is someone to get banned. Remember that we are a community, not a boxing ring.
2. Be respectful! People have different styles, some may even vary wildly from your own. At least try to be civil when speaking to them about their choices.
3. Be constructive! If you are responding to someone looking for advice, try to offer constructive criticism, not just insults.
4. Have fun! Don’t get too worked up about someone’s choice of legwear, it isn’t worth the energy to start a fight.
Some basic guidelines for looking your best!
1. Find clothing that fits you right. This is the most important rule in fashion. If your jeans are too loose, or too tight, you will look silly (and nobody wants that!)
2. Try to avoid wearing clothing that could be thought of as obnoxious, or excessively loud. (A great example of this is this shirt; http://fighterxfashion.com/wp-conten...ay-guida11.jpg )
3. Don’t be afraid to shop around! You can find many great pieces where you least expect them.
4. Find a style that fits your tastes. Don’t try and squeeze into a style that you feel uncomfortable in!
5. Try things on, and experiment, it is always good to expand your horizons. And, if you aren’t sure of a certain piece you are considering, we can help!
6. In most cases, you should avoid things like trench coats and fedoras. These two pieces were popular many decades ago, but have since fallen out of fashion, and have become very difficult to pull off.
Some helpful tips on hygiene!
1. Keep clean shaven! Facial hair can be hard to pull off, and honestly, most guys look better without it.
2. Keep your hair shorter! Same thing as shaving, shorter hair is easier to pull off, easier to clean, and in many cases just looks better.
3. Keep yourself clean! Shower often! With shampoo! Also, solid stick deodorant is of the utmost importance for making sure you smell fresh throughout the day.
4. Acne sucks, and it is something that most of us have to deal with at some point in our life. You can help minimize your acne by keeping clean, and following the tips in the website below!
( http://howtogetridofacnehelp.com/ )
•Want some helpful tips for general body and hair care?
•How to take a mirror shot! (with special guest tehfrog)
And finally, here are some stores that will help you look your best!
There is quite a variety here, so pick and choose what you like!
•http://www.karmaloop.com/ clothes, watches, fox tails etc. Use STAYLIFTED as a repcode in check out to receive 20% off thanks to RopaDope
•http://dustylumber.com/ facepunch made clothing!
•http://www.fly53store.com/ shitloads of nice shirts
•http://shop.pacsun.com/home.jsp surf attire; cater to the tall n skinny
•http://www.drjays.com/ clothes catered to the urban style
•http://americanapparel.net/ simple clothing
•http://www.topman.com nice clothes, but are a bit expensive
•http://www.hm.com/us/ cheap, high quality
•http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/worldwide if you like putting your hands in your pockets, shop here
•http://www.ray-ban.com really good quality, nice, and semi cheap glasses and sunglasses.
•http://www.toms.com the shoes that you either love or hate. I own a pair, and they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. They also make eye-wear now.
•http://www.plndr.com Like jackthreads, but cooler!
•http://www.jackthreads.com daily super sales on clothes, accessories, everything.
•http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/ huge variety of hats for UK
•http://www.villagehatshop.com/ huge variety of hats for US
•http://thehundreds.com/ really nice shoes
•http://www.revolveclothing.com clothes, shoes, watches, and other accessories. Mostly high end stuff, but as a new customer you get 30% off your order
•http://www.giorgiobrutini.com Good dress shoes if you're on a budget
If anyone has any other sites that they think should be up here, just tell me, and I will put them up.
Lastly, here is a list of people who really know their stuff(~fashion gurus~):
•Lord of Ears
These guys have great style, and can help you find yours.