1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,325 Posts
    Well it seems threads lock automatically again.

I'll update the OP with more info later, for now VIDEOS!

Anyways, I think you chaps know what to do, the common ones to the thread at least, I'll update this with more info for new lads later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,596 Posts

I dedicate the first post to the Emperor of Firepower.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 22Winner Winner x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,457 Posts
    In Hoppes we trust
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

das fucking sexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,127 Posts
    Puckle is were its at
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,382 Posts

Reposting my glock, because I'm the glockmister now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #7

banner plox

Edited:

(I spent over 20 minutes attempting a decent cutout, I was gonna put it onto a background as well :[)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts

Reposting my glock, because I'm the glockmister now.
    NEEDS MORE CRAYOLA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Experienced any lacquer sticking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

10. Post #10

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    My question. She still is asked. Does anyone know of an SKS styled .22lr. I saw one at my local gun store a few weeks ago and meant to ask about it then. It had no info and no name and I have no photo, but it looked very similar to an SKS and I was about THIS close to buying it. If I ever remember to I will go back and take a picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #11
    If it was an actual (or close to actual) SKS it is most likely a custom job - probably from scratch, I don't see how it could have been converted without so much work and time put into it it wouldn't even be worth it.

Are you completely sure it was a dedicated .22 though? It might have been an original 7,62x39 with a modified barrel, bolt and magazine..

But as N-21_Aden posted.. was it just something that looked slightly similar to an SKS?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

12. Post #12
    April 2011
    2,851 Posts
    My question. She still is asked. Does anyone know of an SKS styled .22lr. I saw one at my local gun store a few weeks ago and meant to ask about it then. It had no info and no name and I have no photo, but it looked very similar to an SKS and I was about THIS close to buying it. If I ever remember to I will go back and take a picture.
    I cant say for ceartin but was it this thing?

http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...temnum=7373626
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts

The rings the local shop ordered for me were the wrong diameter, so I am still waiting :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Hey, it's the Hubble
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

15. Post #15

January 2010
    1,271 Posts
    I cant say for ceartin but was it this thing?

http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...temnum=7373626
    Very similar, but no dice. Different sights and such.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,413 Posts
    Hey, it's the Hubble
    I couldn't stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Hey, it's the Hubble
    I can lob indirect fire at you from here with it! *shakes fist*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2011
    238 Posts
    ...seriously? You started the thread off with FPSRussia, and not Cokeman?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 55Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,222 Posts
    That's both the best and the worst thing I have ever seen.

Mother of God, my rangemaster would fucking murder me if he ever caught me doing something like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2011
    238 Posts
    That's both the best and the worst thing I have ever seen.

Mother of God, my rangemaster would fucking murder me if he ever caught me doing something like that
    Which is why we leave it to professional idiots, like Cokeman.

Oh, and the ARFcommers are raging their asses off like nothing else.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/128...et_dream_.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,222 Posts

He's really fucking good at bump-firing

Edited:

Jesus fuck, this guy's insane. He fires his AK indoors using phonebooks as backing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 33Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    I've been looking for a rifle with my set budget and I think the Mosin is the right one, anything I need to know about said rifle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,020 Posts
    damn australian laws.

In America do you need to apply for a permit for each gun you want to buy or can you just go and buy it?

Because fuck, I ordered a Mosin Nagant and its sitting at the gun shop for me but I have to wait an extra 2 weeks for the fucking permit to come in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

24. Post #24
    April 2010
    4,945 Posts
    I've been looking for a rifle with my set budget and I think the Mosin is the right one, anything I need to know about said rifle?
    Pull trigger, gun go bang. Not much else to a Mosin. If bolt sticks, enjoy, and clean it after you finally get it unstuck.

damn australian laws.

In America do you need to apply for a permit for each gun you want to buy or can you just go and buy it?

Because fuck, I ordered a Mosin Nagant and its sitting at the gun shop for me but I have to wait an extra 2 weeks for the fucking permit to come in.
    Go to gun shop, pick out 5 shotguns and 5 rifles, leave that day with all of them. 'Murrrica.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    Pull trigger, gun go bang. Not much else to a Mosin. If bolt sticks, enjoy, and clean it after you finally get it unstuck.

Go to gun shop, pick out 5 shotguns and 5 rifles, leave that day with all of them. 'Murrrica*.
    *Except CA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,197 Posts
    *Except CA

Good thing I live in Louisiana.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,596 Posts
    Jesus fuck, this guy's insane. He fires his AK indoors using phonebooks as backing
    I am now wondering about the possibilities of phonebooks as body armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,229 Posts
    I think they did that on Mythbusters once. Except it was bullet-proofing a car with phonebooks.

IIRC, a couple layers of them was enough to stop everything short of high-powered rounds like .338 Lapua, .416 Barrett, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Before you buy one check the following:
    Is the bore shiny, and is it counterbored? It should have the original muzzle; not a slightly wider bore at the muzzle.
    Is the rifling intact, and if so, is it in good condition?
    Is the bolt sticky? Is there any visible cosmoline residue on the bolt, receiver and locking lug recesses?
    Does it feed the last round properly? Many nuggets suffer from a too steep ramp on the follower and you might need to take a dremel to it if the rim bites onto the follower.
    Does the interruptor depress as it should?
    Do the serials match?
    Is the bolt head the original one, or is at least the factory stamp on the bolt head the same as the rest? If the rifle is a complete match then there is no need to check headspace, but if you're unsure whether it's the original bolt head from the factory, you'll want to find someone with Go-, No go- and Field-gauges for 7,62x54R.

If you are to shoot surplus ammo, can you handle the responsibility of cleaning the rifle very well after each shooting session? If you forget to clean once and retrieve your rifle from your gun locker a week later, you might find yourself with a rifle with a brown, flaky bore.

The carbines have much harsher recoil than the long ones.
    Soviet carbines:
    M38 - shorter M91/30 without brass stamped into the sling holes
    M44 - shorter M91/30 with brass stamped into sling holes, features a permanently mounted folding bayonet - Unless you plan to shoot with the bayonet extended, you need to adjust the front sight - these have a point of impact change with the bayonet folded or removed!!!
    Soviet standard length:
    M91 - original rifle, these use Arshins instead of metres on the sight, sling swivels, sled rear sight
    Dragoon - modified M91 for cavalry use
    M91/30 - modern M91, the one most seen. Detachable bayonet that goes around the front sight

A few small "rules":
    Finnish nagants (E.g. M91/59, M28, M29) are better than Soviet/Russian ones.
    If the rifle has a hexagonal receiver (the front is angled multiple times sides instead of being round) it's worth shelling out the extra 10-50 bucks as they are considered rarer and more collectible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 4Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,457 Posts
    ...seriously? You started the thread off with FPSRussia, and not Cokeman?

I think he's actually lost it.

This is your brain on /k/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,947 Posts

das fucking sexy
    Wow, I've never seen a H&K so worn, I like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,596 Posts

/k/ during winter, I guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

33. Post #33
    April 2011
    2,851 Posts
    Good thing I live in Louisiana.
    As do I.

I really want to go shooting, but the last time I checked .300 mag ammunition is too expensive to go shooting for fun. I really need to find a .22 or something, all I have is some old ass, tiny revolver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    [url]
    Safety checks pretty funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 33 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    only need one layer to protect against .22

boxoftruth does ammo penetration testing, really nice methodology imo, better than that mythbusters crap.

Edited:

hence why I was making those posts earlier about "prusselusken in dis shit"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,596 Posts

MWAHAHAHA, SCIENCE!

(not my picture, sadly)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    holy shit no
    all that patina and rust
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    [url]
    Safety checks pretty funny
    he's an epic troll

sadly he'll probably cause some actual idiots to neglect firearms safety and shoot themselves.

39. Post #39
    April 2010
    4,945 Posts
    I think they did that on Mythbusters once. Except it was bullet-proofing a car with phonebooks.

IIRC, a couple layers of them was enough to stop everything short of high-powered rounds like .338 Lapua, .416 Barrett, etc.
    The phonebooks didn't stop the 338, 416 or 50.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    The phonebooks didn't stop the 338, 416 or 50.

pssh mythbusters just goes for big "bang" and flashiness, they don't test individual bullets within a caliber.

(hence why I call it crap)

box of truth tests SS109

With the ~13 inches of paper they were using in that experiment, they could have penetrated it with .30-06 AP or even 7.62x54R out of a dragunov or nugget. Instead they opted for big-ass catridges like the .338 lapua (or was it norma?)

even .45-70 works

.30-06 with AP ammo

aww yeah bizznatch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)