1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,402 Posts
    Post your WiP related to ports, hacks, rips, etc. here.
    To start this off:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,308 Posts
    The legs are too fat in relation to the arms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

3. Post #3
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,632 Posts
    The legs are too fat in relation to the arms.
    Dem hamburgers man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,176 Posts
    Did he piss himself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,402 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    929 Posts
    Atleast try to hide the fact the arms are straight up Metro Police arms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,952 Posts
    Well I'm trying to rig this guy here

but the textures wont apply for me. I'm using 3D ripper DX and other games work fine but not JP the game. The textures are there but they wont appear on the model. I'm totally new to 3ds max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,072 Posts
    Ported a female survivor, "Rosa Collins"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2008
    726 Posts
    Well I'm trying to rig this guy here
    [DINORAWR PIC HERE]
    but the textures wont apply for me. I'm using 3D ripper DX and other games work fine but not JP the game. The textures are there but they wont appear on the model. I'm totally new to 3ds max.
    Make sure you've pressed "M" to open the material editor, then checked the white-blue cube that turns on textures in 3D view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

10. Post #10
    All in all, the clock is slow.
    April 2008
    1,596 Posts
    Ported a female survivor, "Rosa Collins"

Classy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #11
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,952 Posts
    Make sure you've pressed "M" to open the material editor, then checked the white-blue cube that turns on textures in 3D view.
    I have done so, but I think it's one of two things. A. The textures aren't properly ripped or B. I'm an idiot. I know this isn't a help topic but here is what happens.

I place the material in the window as you can see in the top right

But when I place the texture on the nose it just gets to be a darker grey

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,402 Posts
    Well onto something else for a break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    December 2008
    726 Posts
    I have done so, but I think it's one of two things. A. The textures aren't properly ripped or B. I'm an idiot. I know this isn't a help topic but here is what happens.
    [PIC]
    I place the material in the window as you can see in the top right
    [PIC]
    But when I place the texture on the nose it just gets to be a darker grey
    Well, this is a thread for ports, and that's one right there. I don't mind helping atleast.
    I think I use a older version of max, cause the icons are different, but not too different.
    Easy way to test a texture:

1. Press "m".

2. Select the first sphere, and scroll down to the "maps" tab underneath and extend it.

3. Press "Diffuse" and load a bitmap texture.

4. Select a part of the model and press the "assign material" button in the menu row under the material spheres. Make sure enable texture in viewport is on by pressing that button.
    -As you can assign multiple textures on one material, try to press drop-down list where it says "Material#697" for you, and select the option
    that takes you back to the section were the "maps" tab could be found, and then check if enable texture in viewport is on there.

Might help, but I'm not an expert. There could probably be lots of reasons for it not to display.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #14
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,952 Posts
    Well, this is a thread for ports, and that's one right there. I don't mind helping atleast.
    I think I use a older version of max, cause the icons are different, but not too different.
    Easy way to test a texture:

1. Press "m".

2. Select the first sphere, and scroll down to the "maps" tab underneath and extend it.

3. Press "Diffuse" and load a bitmap texture.

4. Select a part of the model and press the "assign material" button in the menu row under the material spheres. Make sure enable texture in viewport is on by pressing that button.
    -As you can assign multiple textures on one material, try to press drop-down list where it says "Material#697" for you, and select the option
    that takes you back to the section were the "maps" tab could be found, and then check if enable texture in viewport is on there.

Might help, but I'm not an expert. There could probably be lots of reasons for it not to display.
    I appreciate the help, but it's still not working. If it helps I'm using .dds files for the textures. A few people told me I should try Maya but I'm not sure if that would help.

15. Post #15
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,485 Posts
    Well onto something else for a break.
    I will suck your e-peen for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,103 Posts
    Phew. This was a piece of work.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    929 Posts
    Why's the green dress so blurry/shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,435 Posts
    Why's the green dress so blurry/shit?
    Maybe it was the original texture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,072 Posts
    Maybe it was the original texture
    Worse than that, actually. When I got a hold of the first tools for DR2, some textures came out corrupted. This was the diffuse map's mask texture, not the actual texture. The real one is much better, though his black dress is even better still.

Oh, and:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Source Engine Optometrist!
    June 2010
    1,812 Posts
    Worse than that, actually. When I got a hold of the first tools for DR2, some textures came out corrupted. This was the diffuse map's mask texture, not the actual texture. The real one is much better, though his black dress is even better still.

Oh, and:

Eye pose that bitch :P or if she is give her more sexy eyes :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #21
    October 2009
    2,241 Posts

Oh, and:

She's Derpina
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2010
    1,812 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,072 Posts

Okay I'm done for now, sleep time...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    March 2010
    2,442 Posts
    Made a skin for my MW2 soldiers:

And I've got a problem. The MW2 bodies are fat like marshmallows. I got nothing I could replace them with. Maybe I will use MW3 ranger models for this...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,788 Posts
    The MW3 rangers are the same MW2 model lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    March 2010
    2,442 Posts
    The MW3 rangers are the same MW2 model lmao
    If you look closer, it looks different a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,788 Posts
    Like what? I didn't notice any differences in them. Maybe a few new heads?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    March 2011
    972 Posts

Image by Salva   

The proportions are far better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,788 Posts
    Wow, they made Soap a hipster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    May 2011
    943 Posts
    I don't know.

They just.... look different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    June 2010
    1,812 Posts
    I'm trying to get GameAssassin to work

:(

so far it's not working well with the PSX emulator

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,371 Posts

Oh, and:
    She looks like a Sims character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,458 Posts

Oh, and:

"his"?

Bloo, is there something you're not telling us about her?

Edited:

I do kind of feel her face needs a bit more detail though, but other than that that's some pretty good work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,002 Posts
    Phew. This was a piece of work.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,966 Posts
    "his"?

Bloo, is there something you're not telling us about her?

Edited:

I do kind of feel her face needs a bit more detail though, but other than that that's some pretty good work.
    LT_C's texture.

Also I've looked at DR2 models before myself. They really have terribly textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,176 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21Useful Useful x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    shoulders?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2011
    943 Posts
    shoulders?
    Physic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,176 Posts

There's your shoulders you damn dirty apes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2008
    58 Posts
    Those look really nice h4lf-d3ad, can't wait for them to get released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)