1. Post #1
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts

Release date: September 28, 2011 (May 28, 2012 for the Wrath of the Lamb)
    Price: $5 (+$3 for the Wrath of the Lamb)
    Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200
    Wrath of the Lamb page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/113204/

Scenario and Gameplay
    When Isaac’s mother starts hearing the voice of God demanding a sacrifice be made to prove her faith, Isaac escapes into the basement facing droves of deranged enemies, lost brothers and sisters, his fears, and eventually his mother.
    The Binding of Isaac is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. Following Isaac on his journey players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him super human abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets and fight his way to safety.

Features
    Randomly generated dungeons, items enemies and bosses, you never play the same game twice.
    Over 200! unique items that not only give you powers but visually change your character.
    100+ enemy types each with the ability to become "special" making them extra deadly but they also drop better loot.
    Over 30 bosses.
    10! full chapters spanning 9 levels
    7 unlockable classes
    12! endings
    Over 80 unlockable items, enemies, bosses and more.

Useful Links
    What does this Item do ? - The Official Wiki
    The game is unbalanced ! - SPUF Forum
    Ask Ed anything ! - Edmund McMillen's Formspring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 25Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2011
    575 Posts
    Mmmm, new thread. I might buy the retail edition just for the neat crap that comes with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    After I got Golden God, I don't feel like playing it as often. Hopefully Wrath of Lamb fixes this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,026 Posts
    Had the worst run as Eve ever. Had a golden chest, blue rock, and a key hidden behind some rocks. No bombs. I get one bomb, and find a pill. Hoping for my luck on the pill, I head to the room with that stuff and use it, hoping for Explosive Diarrhea, k? Nope, Bombs are key. I go to the treasure room, after much disappointment, and.... Spelunkers hat.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,505 Posts
    Would having a replay feature in Binding of Isaac cool (and possible / likely at all)?

Cant do something like that in flash :(
    :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 15 (list)

6. Post #6
    Change your title $1
    September 2010
    813 Posts
    Thanks for making a new thread :)

I can't wait for Wrath of the Lamb!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,484 Posts
    Flash is a massive limitation, really. Performance issues, no gamepad support and you can't do neat stuff like replays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #8
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,880 Posts
    We need Binding of Isaac 2 then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    February 2010
    873 Posts
    We need Binding of Isaac 2 then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 39Artistic Artistic x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2010
    1,881 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,132 Posts
    now we just need a binding of meat boy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    You realise there are tons of Meat Boy related stuff ingame already ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2010
    1,881 Posts
    You realise there are tons of Meat Boy related stuff ingame already ?
    Yeah, but we're talking a whole 'nother game here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #14
    September 2009
    6,952 Posts
    Why am I thinking something like that would be a mix of Meat Boy's platforming with crazy-hard Contra-style gameplay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2010
    1,881 Posts
    Holy shit, did you know that if you leave a bomb in front of Chub/C.H.A.D when he's charging he'll eat it and take a ton of damage? I just found out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 20Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    760 Posts
    In the past 5 games I've played ??? and everytime I got Little C.H.A.D.. What are the odds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    February 2011
    17,505 Posts
    Holy shit, did you know that if you leave a bomb in front of Chub/C.H.A.D when he's charging he'll eat it and take a ton of damage? I just found out
    that was the first thing i did with them, on accident

Edited:

In the past 5 games I've played ??? and everytime I got Little C.H.A.D.. What are the odds.
    same, has been happing a lot with me. every time as first item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Did you ever play any Zelda game of your entire life ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,834 Posts
    Just beat sheoul for the first time, also my very fucking first playthough with XXX.
    Oh my God it's amazing, I never even knew that    Satan would have two legs :v:   
    I got Mom's Contact, Technology and Ouija Board, I could practically obliterate bosses. I also told myself "Okay I'm just gonna finish Womb 2 so that I can get the D6, at least." Well look at where that got
    Now to test the D6
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

20. Post #20
    Change your title $1
    September 2010
    813 Posts
    [...]Now to test the D6
    Using the D6 feels like cheating (if you're lucky)! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

21. Post #21
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,834 Posts
    Saw this on the wiki
    "The A Dollar and Blood Bag rewards can be "rolled" with the D6."
    How?

Edited:

Also if possible, any other tips for the d6?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

22. Post #22
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,894 Posts
    I love the guppy exploit, only managed to pull it off twice so far. Got it with morbo 2, but for some reason it didn't make me re-fight him each time. Did the cut scene, then just gave me an item.

I got greedy though, and it gave me a space bar item on top of some really great shit, so if i tried to grab the items it would only take that instead and keep switching it back and forth with my D6. Fucking SUCKED. Rolling just gave me another space bar item, and ruined all the good items underneath as insult to injury.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    im a gold member please accept me!!!
    March 2011
    1,200 Posts
    What is the D6?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Tunisia Show Events

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    What is the D6?
    The Dice, a spacebar item that lets you reroll other items to replace it with another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

25. Post #25
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,834 Posts
    The items replaced with the D6 are actually "better" in a way that a bad item won't spawn, right? As in it will almost be a guaranteed good drop? And oh man I'm a fucking beast, just played it again and beat sheoul with Isaac now. 2 Runs, 2 sheouls, feels good man, finished satan with 1 motherfucking heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,894 Posts

[h2] BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 23Funny x 3Artistic x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    February 2011
    17,505 Posts
    finally unlocked ???
    and then i read that i need to clear sheol to get the D6. fucking hell, thought it was womb 2 :(

Edited:

ill never do it its impossible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

28. Post #28
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,894 Posts
    The items replaced with the D6 are actually "better" in a way that a bad item won't spawn, right? As in it will almost be a guaranteed good drop?
    No, what the D6 replaces the item with is totally random. Can even be the same item it was before. Especially if it's a room where only one kind of item can be dropped, like the cube of meat after fighting war (iirc). Certain rooms have certain things they can only drop, D6 will rotate between those (satan rooms, hidden rooms, etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,894 Posts
    Reposting my favorite screenshots from last thread because I can

Thinking of trying to shoot at me?

good luck.

Edited:

oh did i feel a breeze just then

Somehow I don't think our fetus parade is being fully appreciated :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2009
    602 Posts
    Just killed the devil for the first time. I now have 3 mom kills, 2 mom's heart kills, and 1 devil kill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #31
    July 2009
    4,169 Posts
    Strategy question: I have the battery and a choice between either the deck of cards or the book of belial. Which item do I want to take for the rest of the game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Strategy question: I have the battery and a choice between either the deck of cards or the book of belial. Which item do I want to take for the rest of the game?
    Deck of cards if you have high damage, Belial if you have low damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2011
    2,462 Posts
    finally unlocked ???
    and then i read that i need to clear sheol to get the D6. fucking hell, thought it was womb 2 :(

Edited:

ill never do it its impossible
    Im fairly sure its just the womb, thats what it says on the wiki.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

34. Post #34
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,894 Posts

That's the biggest I've gotten the tears so far. 'Money=power' + strength card + chocolate milk + max damage + coal + max range

All that was missing was a big mushroom and max's head. Shit would've gotten REAL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    April 2010
    1,881 Posts
    Did you ever play any Zelda game of your entire life ?
    No, don't care for Zelda. I was a Mario kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2009
    4,240 Posts
    I beat mom for the first time
    the ending cinematic makes me sad

Edited:

without a bible, as well

Edited:

I got to womb 2 and died cause of one of those monsters that mirror your movements

37. Post #37
    January 2009
    817 Posts
    I died to Satan for my fifth time. The first and second forms are no problem, but I always die in his third form because those explosive snakes come out of fucking NOWHERE and I'm always running into them, no matter what items I have. Even if I kill some off, he just spawns them right back...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #38
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,880 Posts
    Magdalene with Number one and Blood of Martyr
    Oh god why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    I should really start playing this game more. I got it for free from a guy who had a spare key on Steam and I haven't played a whole lot. I got a damn lotta games distracting me.

40. Post #40
    im a gold member please accept me!!!
    March 2011
    1,200 Posts
    I got a damn lotta 50$ games, but am playing this one too much to play the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Tunisia Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)