1. Post #1
    I'd be lost in this world without my Hatsune Miku ^__^
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Threads for discussion, questions, buildmeaboard posts, and anything else that relates to longboarding/skateboarding.

If you want us to reccomend you a board please entail in your post
    Height:
    Preferred Style:
    Topography of where you plan to skate:
    Budget:

Now go skate~

the funny part about this video is that james and kevin are no longer on the abec 11 team, instead they are joining forces with cowboy lou to make RAD wheels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 28Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,283 Posts
    that video has some bad music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 54Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    Going to the hardware store to get more stuff to work on my board.

Including a mask. It's not fun having your sinuses filled with maple dust and paint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    1,355 Posts
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 150lbs
    Preferred Style: cruising or whatever, never longboarded before
    Topography of where you plan to skate: sydney (lots of hills)
    Budget: $200 australian
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2011
    193 Posts
    I wish there were more diverse longboards where I was. Everybody here is like lolsector9 the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts
    so my gloves came and i started busting out some hands down toeside 180's. what's the easiest way to switch back to regular stance from switch? i don't know how to ride switch yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,470 Posts
    Started going out and just cruising, since I just got my board. I really like the grease shark though, and my dog likes to chase it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    Just bought all this and more in preparation for the spring.

Motto Black 11"x 48" Grip Tape Sheet
    Powell Rib Bones
    Paris 180mm x 8mm Blue Trucks
    Sector 9 BHNC Slide Gloves
    Bones Soft Black/Blue Bushings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts
    Just bought all this and more in preparation for the spring.
    Sector 9 BHNC Slide Gloves
    i just got these today, if you've never slid before, duct tape the fingers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Delicious Caramel
    June 2006
    1,423 Posts
    I actually had a dream about my longboard today. Was going down steep hills and doing mad cool shit.

Then I woke up and changed my pants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts

My Evo, Christmas 2010.

Right now.

Got some deep scars from my friend sliding, but I'll put the first coat of stain on it tomorrow or this weekend, then whenever my package arrives, I'll put the grip-tape on and finish up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #12
    Tabasco Lord
    Dennab
    September 2005
    9,927 Posts
    I actually had a dream about my longboard today. Was going down steep hills and doing mad cool shit.

Then I woke up and changed my pants.
    i had a dream i was back in jr.high but i had my longboard and some kid stole it so i murdered him with it.

it was graphic as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    i had a dream i was back in jr.high but i had my longboard and some kid stole it so i murdered him with it.

it was graphic as fuck
    He had it coming.

Edited:

mmmmmm woodgrain and lamination

Waiting for a warmer day:

14. Post #14
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    so my gloves came and i started busting out some hands down toeside 180's. what's the easiest way to switch back to regular stance from switch? i don't know how to ride switch yet.
    180 hippie jump
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    There is a guy in my lab class that has the same deck as tesla but he made his a drop through and has ~80 mm wheels. Looks like a fucking tank when it rolls.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    There is a guy in my lab class that has the same deck as tesla but he made his a drop through and has ~80 mm wheels. Looks like a fucking tank when it rolls.
    Can it turn?

I bought some of these just in case I ever get the right tools and patience to make my deck drop-through.

Sanding this deck by hand for a total of ~6 hours was just about the limit to my patience.

17. Post #17
    But I have great taste in movies
    September 2010
    614 Posts
    Arbor boards are the way to go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,909 Posts
    i've always wondered why any threads on FP to do with this, skateboarding or bmx and stuff always have dumb as the predominant rating on the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    i've always wondered why any threads on FP to do with this, skateboarding or bmx and stuff always have dumb as the predominant rating on the OP.
    I think it's because it's a little lean on the content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #20
    January 2012
    308 Posts
    I prefer skateboarding over longboards, but you can't really compare 'em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

21. Post #21
    August 2010
    5,489 Posts
    ~Get Pitted Bro~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Need some good freeride/cruising wheels and trucks. Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    5,069 Posts
    alright, I'm having this problem with my wheels and bearings (I'm assuming)

I don't know anything really about how the bearings and innards work, but please bare with me.

So when I'm riding, I constantly hear this rattling type of noise in the front left wheel. But when i lift off and bank right while turning, the rattling stops. So It only rattles when there's pressure on it I guess.

Any suggestions of what this might be and how to fix it? I can record a video if need be.

24. Post #24
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,080 Posts
    So is longboarding just like the commuting verison of skateboarding? Seems like a fun way to get around. People on my campus love them.

25. Post #25
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    So is longboarding just like the commuting verison of skateboarding? Seems like a fun way to get around. People on my campus love them.
    Yes. Plus you can go fast and break traction. Watch the video in the original post.

Edited:

FUCK EXERCISE

Edited:

landyachtz chinook

26. Post #26
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts
    so apparently my neighbor saw an old dude stalk my friend and i while we were longboarding

\(ツ)/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    It seems I will need to wait until spring to give my board any stain, so I'm just going to smooth it out and poly' it. I may do something if I can come up with a good idea.

I only have black satin spray paint, painters' tape, and polyurethane. What should I do?

28. Post #28
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    It seems I will need to wait until spring to give my board any stain, so I'm just going to smooth it out and poly' it. I may do something if I can come up with a good idea.

I only have black satin spray paint, painters' tape, and polyurethane. What should I do?
    Go buy a really nice wood finish and make that shit fancy.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    Go buy a really nice wood finish and make that shit fancy.
    I already have some. That's what I was going to do, but it won't be warm enough to finish the deck with it until spring, and there's no way in hell I'm waiting until spring to ride again.

Also the scratches in the bottom are too deep to sand out, and will stick out like a sore thumb under the stain.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    Can it turn?

I bought some of these just in case I ever get the right tools and patience to make my deck drop-through.

Sanding this deck by hand for a total of ~6 hours was just about the limit to my patience.

Yea, he can turn. He has about less than an inch clearance though.

Edited:

Cause Facepunch hates exercising/sports and sunlight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    August 2009
    805 Posts
    Need some good freeride/cruising wheels and trucks. Any ideas?
    Imo Paris trucks rule for freeride, the stock bushings are hard so I recommend switching them out. for the wheels, my favourites are the Rainskates mega tsunamis 85a
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

32. Post #32
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,518 Posts
    Height:5 foot 4
    Weight:110 pounds
    Preferred Style: Just to cruise around but can still do slides, etc.
    Topography of where you plan to skate: Flat area, east coast Virginia has no hills near me.
    Budget: 100-400 dollars.

gib me recommendation.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,219 Posts
    what are your opinions on freeboards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    Seems pretty cool. But isnt the point of going sideways to slow down sometimes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts
    so me and a friend were out today and these middle school-aged kids asked us if we want to be in a video, so we obliged. weird shit i tell you. the one kid told me how he spent 800$ on a sector 9 100% bamboo board. i don't know if he lied or was stupid enough to get ripped off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    so me and a friend were out today and these middle school-aged kids asked us if we want to be in a video, so we obliged. weird shit i tell you. the one kid told me how he spent 800$ on a sector 9 100% bamboo board. i don't know if he lied or was stupid enough to get ripped off.
    If I had 800 dollars to spend on a longboard oh god
    carbon fiber board and precision trucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #37
    January 2012
    170 Posts
    Im planning on getting the Lifelong Seeker, anyone know about the new design/when its suppost to come out; super stoked either way

38. Post #38
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    what are your opinions on freeboards
    Huge learning curve, not as fun as a solid freeride deck.

Edited:

If I had 800 dollars to spend on a longboard oh god
    carbon fiber board and precision trucks
    Wefunk, look it up. $800 just for a deck. Also I love my precision trucks.

Edited:

Im planning on getting the Lifelong Seeker, anyone know about the new design/when its suppost to come out; super stoked either way
    Not 100% sure when its suppose to come out but I know a few guys who ride for lifelong so I'll hit them up and try to find out.

Edited:

Also super solid session today, met the guy who owns faceplant boards. Found out about some sick hills near where I work so now I can just throw some clothes in my car and skate a hour after work everyday. Super stoked.

39. Post #39
    January 2012
    170 Posts
    Who do you know from Lifelong?

40. Post #40
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Who do you know from Lifelong?
    Chris O'brien, met him at a slide jam and bought some wheels off him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)