1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,641 Posts
    Rick Santorum has been on the offensive lately, but his target has not been Republican frontrunner Mitt Romney or even President Barack Obama. For the past week, Santorum has been using his campaign to take aim at an issue he feels to be the single most dangerous force in America today: Satanism in heavy metal. “If you listen to the radio today, many of these brand new, so-called heavy metal music bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, The WASP and Iron Maiden use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people,” announced Santorum at a 10,000 dollar a plate sock-hop in Valdosta, Georgia on Thursday.

Santorum’s popularity in the polls has grown substantially since he began speaking out against metal and its assault on traditional values. He has spent much of the past week in the Midwest encouraging young people to stay away from metal artists and listen to performers like Michael W. Smith and Pat Boone. In a recent Gallup Poll, 87 percent of Republican voters think that the biggest problem in America today is “the demented bloodlust of teenagers caused entirely by heavy metal music.”
    In the past, Santorum has accused heavy metal of being the cause of some of the worst crimes in American history including the attempt on the life of Ronald Reagan in 1981, 9/11 and the passage of Obama’s Health Care Bill. He stepped up his rhetoric in a speech on Wednesday when he implied that heavy metal is the cause of many forms of mental illness as well as lactose intolerance.

It’s probably not a coincidence that since he began his crusade against metal that his poll numbers have been surging upwards. Picking out a small and unique group, singling them out as “other” and using them to frighten the masses is a proud tradition in American politics. However, many commentators believe that his call for metal internment camps goes too far. Santorum has openly advocated the forced re-education of metalheads. They would be forced to endure 30 days of non-stop “values based” music that promotes the American way of life as well as the free market. In order to leave, they will have to sing the chorus to at least one Celine Dion song.

In response to Santorum’s metal onslaught, Mitt Romney officially denounced his earlier position of “tolerance towards all fans of extreme music”. This, in spite of the fact that GWAR played his inauguration as governor of Massachusetts back in 2003. But things have changed since 2003 and embracing heavy metal music is about as popular selling baby organs on Ebay or clubbing seals. Romney will need to begin pretending to be something else if he plans on facing Obama in the general election in November.

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/02/10/rick-santorum-declares-war-on-heavy-metal/

Black Sabbath, WASP, Venom and Maiden are new bands now?

I'm no metal head but this kind of shit show's how corrupt the American political system is. It should be illegal to make these sorts of claims as part of a campaign without at least some substantial evidence. Seriously how the fuck do you americans take this kind of bollocks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 221Dumb x 8Agree x 2Zing x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    The political system here is a fucking disgrace to humanity as a whole. How can a fucking superpower even consider having people like this moron run to LEAD it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 162Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,235 Posts
    Footloose 2.0? . Do you have a better source than "Tyranny of tradition"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    In a recent Gallup Poll, 87 percent of Republican voters think that the biggest problem in America today is “the demented bloodlust of teenagers caused entirely by heavy metal music.”
    Yes that is totally the worst problem in America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 127Funny Funny x 8 (list)

5. Post #5
    oh god
    ahahahaha

jesus christ are they sure santorum isn't a closet member of the WBC I mean come on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2011
    463 Posts
    christianity will fix the economy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 95Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    July 2009
    4,689 Posts
    Of course he would say something like this at a fucking sock hop

8. Post #8
    July 2009
    4,680 Posts
    And in our darkest hour of Santorum's twisted empire, a rebellion begins...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 54Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,439 Posts
    The WASP.

heh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    “If you listen to the radio today, many of these brand new, so-called heavy metal music bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, The WASP and Iron Maiden use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people"
    its true, ive been listening to bands like black sabath, iron maiden, amon amarth and such and have been having urges to kill people and worship satan and eat children
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 79Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,625 Posts
    it's like i'm really watching the 700 club
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    In other news, Santorum claims that listening to George Strait cured his daughter's pneumonia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 15Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,641 Posts
    Footloose 2.0? . Do you have a better source than "Tyranny of tradition"?
    No, sorry, but i was focusing more on his quote than the article.

14. Post #14
    December 2009
    13,709 Posts
    Santorum would probably shit a brick if he found out Dave Mustaine was a Christian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 39Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,171 Posts
    In a recent Gallup Poll, 87 percent of Republican voters think that the biggest problem in America today is “the demented bloodlust of teenagers caused entirely by heavy metal music.
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 51Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,080 Posts
    I will literally give anyone $1,000 to kill this man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 33Optimistic x 4Dumb x 4Friendly x 2Artistic x 1Useful x 1Disagree x 1Funny x 1Late x 1Winner x 1Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,212 Posts
    this makes the war on drugs look okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,913 Posts
    uh santorum, heavy metal has been around since the late 60s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 71 (list)

19. Post #19
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,171 Posts
    I'm literally confused by how stupid this man is.

How did he ever get a position of power?

How?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

20. Post #20
    ?
    January 2006
    5,174 Posts
    What is this, the 80's again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    I think that poll was taken a few weeks after Columbine, theres now way 87% of any demographic think Metal music is still a serious issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    ?
    January 2006
    5,174 Posts
    I'm literally confused by how stupid this man is.

How did he ever get a position of power?

How?
    Money.

Edited:

I think that poll was taken a few weeks after Columbine, theres now way 87% of any demographic think Metal music is still a serious issue.
    My automerge :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,667 Posts
    Ethel told me last tea time that that "KISS" band all the children are listening to stands for "Knights in Satan's Service!"

I support this Santorum boy, we need to keep Jesus in our children's hearts and keep those pig-slaughtering devil-worshiping JEWS like Gene Simmons out of the White House!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2007
    122 Posts
    "These brand new bands"

"Black Sabbath"

Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 64Zing Zing x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    I thought that moral crusaders stopped shitting their pants over metal in like, the 90s? why is he bringing it up now? metal isn't even A Thing anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,080 Posts
    Why doesn't he declare war on the new popular shit like Justin Bieber because they're turning our kids into idiots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 53Agree x 6Dumb x 4Funny x 4Zing x 3Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,171 Posts
    Why doesn't he declare war on the new popular shit like Justin Bieber because they're turning our kids into idiots?
    Are we still on the Justin Bieber hate wagon?

The kid isn't even that popular anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,323 Posts

Fits so well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 23Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    April 2008
    1,579 Posts
    Sums up My reaction pretty well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

30. Post #30

August 2007
    318 Posts
    Hahahahah, America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2008
    367 Posts
    Okay this is too ridiculous for me to even believe. Is there a credible source of this? A google search only turned up reblogs of this blog post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,913 Posts
    Because it's not what being president is all about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,866 Posts
    Santorum lost my vote. That leave 0 republican candidates with my vote. Looks like the incumbent will win another term
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    In the past, Santorum has accused heavy metal of being the cause of some of the worst crimes in American history including the attempt on the life of Ronald Reagan in 1981, 9/11 and the passage of Obama’s Health Care Bill.
    uh okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 35Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    isn't saying batshit crazy stuff like this political suicide anyway?

36. Post #36
    You defend metal but you think justin beiber should be censored because you don't like his music? How are you any better?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Anthropologist
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    God damnit...

This man is from my state and near where I live.

I feel like i should have done something to stop his stupidity from ever leaving this side of Pennsylvania....

I swear we're not all that bat shit crazy here... i think...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    You defend metal but you think justin beiber should be censored because you don't like his music? How are you any better?
    he was joking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,439 Posts
    what about Christian Metal, eh Rick?

check mate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 25Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    Santorum lost my vote. That leave 0 republican candidates with my vote. Looks like the incumbent will win another term
    He just now lost your vote?

You were actually thinking of voting for that bag of shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 48Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)