1. Post #1
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    [release][table][tr][td]Miami, FL – February 20, 2012, Media Alert for Immediate Release —Last week ORIGIN PC announced the availability of their new EON17-X desktop replacement laptop, the most powerful laptop for gamers, artists, and professionals. Today ORIGIN PC announces the world's first 3D laptop with dual graphics cards: The EON17-X3D featuring the latest Intel X79 chipset, 2nd generation Intel hexcore processors, and dual overclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M graphics cards in SLI. The EON17-X3D marks the first 3D laptop from ORIGIN PC with a customizable backlit keyboard with three lighting zones and seven color options.

ORIGIN PC's EON17-X3D Laptop features:

Built-in 3D Emitter and 1080p 3D Display
    NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses with LightBoost Technology
    Customizable Backlit Keyboard with Three Lighting Zones and Seven Colors
    Intel X79 Chipset with 2nd Generation Intel Hexcore Processors
    Up to 32GB 1333MHz Corsair Quad Channel Memory
    Up to 16GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance Quad Channel Memory
    Up to Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M Graphics Cards with ORIGIN Professional Overclocking
    Up to Three Hard Drives with up to 3TB's of Hard Drive Space
    Industry Leading Free 24/7 Lifetime Support Based in the United States
    Fully Customizable starting at $ 3,032

“ORIGIN PC continues to lead the industry by being the first to offer a 3D laptop with dual overclocked graphics cards in SLI.” said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN PC CEO and co-founder. “The ORIGIN EON17-X3D is the ultimate mobile 3D experience. Whether you are at home or on the road, you will forget where you are and become immersed in the world of 3D.”

All ORIGIN systems come with free life-time 24/7 phone and online service based in the United States. Each customer has a dedicated support team and free life-time labor for upgrade needs. ORIGIN PC features a 1 to 3 free part replacement warranty combined with the best in class integration, quality testing and support.[/td][td]

An illustration of the portable sun coming to your lap soon.[/td][/tr][/table]

Source[/release]

Don't you hate those moments when you're in an airplane and you just need to play Crysis 2 and render Avatar at the same time? For just $3000 and your fertility, you get 32 GB of RAM, 3 TB of hard drive space, a 6-core processor and two overclocked GTX 580s! Nuclear fusion reactor not included.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny x 198Winner x 14Late x 3Dumb x 2Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,337 Posts
    And it doubles as a barbecue!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 142Agree Agree x 14Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,934 Posts
    Now with 20 seconds of battery life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 193Funny Funny x 28Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,484 Posts
    lapcrusher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 80Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    7,743 Posts
    Holy fuck,

I'll take 5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 19Agree x 9Funny x 6Disagree x 3Optimistic x 2Winner x 1Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I got my title for $1
    June 2010
    2,354 Posts
    i bet it only lasts 2 hours on a single charge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 27Optimistic Optimistic x 6Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,616 Posts
    This is what gaming laptops should be like, not that Razer bullshit.

Edited:

Also, is it called Origin because it produces the same amount of heat as the big bang?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing x 100Funny x 17Agree x 6Winner x 4Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Ask me to be a movie trailer voice.
    November 2009
    1,287 Posts
    Oh god

I enjoy gaming laptops because I can take it with me on summer vacation. I could care less about battery life; find me an outlet and I'm good to go. I would love this, but how could I ever hope to afford this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    299 Posts
    A lot of words come to mind seeing that thing and 'Portable' isn't one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 33Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,070 Posts
    i bet it only lasts 2 hours on a single charge
    It lasts 60 minutes*

*In normal desktop usage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 38Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    It also requires two 300W adapters to run and weighs over 12 pounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 88Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,616 Posts
    A lot of words come to mind seeing that thing and 'Portable' isn't one.
    It's probably more portable than anything else that powerful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

13. Post #13
    I got my title for $1
    June 2010
    2,354 Posts
    It lasts 60 minutes*

*In normal desktop usage.
    wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    I actually like it and I kinda want it...
    I also like the design, reminds me of these:

Look at those vents! Attach a couple of those to your car and you may have just created the first car with VTOL capabilities!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Almost the same price as a Razer Blade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    I got my title for $1
    June 2010
    2,354 Posts
    Almost the same price as a Razer Blade.
    but not shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 36 (list)

17. Post #17
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I actually like it and I kinda want it...
    I also like the design, reminds me of these:

Look at those vents! Attach a couple of those to your car and you may have just created the first car with VTOL capabilities!
    The image on-screen is relevant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    That's not a laptop.
    That's a portable stationary computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 68Agree Agree x 7 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,598 Posts
    Holy shit this thing's a beast.

20. Post #20
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    I thought this would be Roccat's amazing saviour of PC gaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    My desktop pc has worse specs than this thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 102Funny Funny x 21Zing Zing x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    November 2011
    4,741 Posts
    doesn't look too bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    That thing needs one of those mini nuclear reactors that they have on the newest Mars rover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Thats a really cool laptop, and seeing its price, is kind of understandable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    Mine's bigger but ain't as good as that :/

edit:
    what have I done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 22Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    It's a beast but you're probably much better off with a laptop 1/3th the price and still play all of your games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,406 Posts
    No small touchscreen next to the keyboard, would not purchase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 51Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,918 Posts
    Sure, but can it run Cr- oh, right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,785 Posts
    Curious as to how much those same specs would come out to be if you built one yourself as a desktop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #30
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Curious as to how much those same specs would come out to be if you built one yourself as a desktop.
    I don't know that much about hardware, but I'd guess about $1800.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

31. Post #31
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,527 Posts
    I think the literal meaning of the word "laptop" is now completely null and void
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    I think the literal meaning of the word "laptop" is now completely null and void
    Which is why they're know as notebooks where I live vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,484 Posts
    Which is why they're know as notebooks where I live vv
    "Laptop" is general term that includes notebooks though. Netbooks and stuff are laptops too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,868 Posts
    Just to clear things up.
    gtx 580 and gtx 580m isnt exactly the same thing. Making a card mobile requires to cut away certain things, because of limited powersupply and cooling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 11Informative Informative x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,258 Posts
    sounds too much like EA's origin

will not buy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,415 Posts
    I don't know that much about hardware, but I'd guess about $1800.

GTX 590: ~700$
    Intel LGA2011 motherboard: 250-400$
    SB-E Hexacore: ~600$
    32GB RAM: ~160$
    750W PSU: ~150$
    Case: ~100-130$
    Heatsink for CPU: ~80$
    3D screen: I have no idea really, but lets say ~400$

From the information in the OP, this would probably be around the performance of the laptop. More overclockability, though. It's not a very good build, but it matches the one in the OP somewhat closely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,934 Posts
    sounds too much like EA's origin

will not buy
    Good thing Origin PC has existed since 09 then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,389 Posts

From the information in the OP, this would probably be around the performance of the laptop. More overclockability, though. It's not a very good build, but it matches the one in the OP somewhat closely.
    32 GB RAM.. really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 21Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,406 Posts

3D screens are just normal 120hz screens but you also need a Nvidia 3D set. So it's around $500.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,415 Posts
    32 GB RAM.. really?
    That was in the OP, wouldn't buy it myself. Ever.