1. Post #1
    I don't always look faggots in the eyes, but I'm doing it right now.
    July 2010
    490 Posts
    I've known this dude throughout my life, he's probably my closet friend and best. I wouldn't be the person I am today, if it weren't for his friendship.

But for the past few years, he's been turning into one of those useless sacks of shit. 20 something, no job, no education. Almost all that comes outta he's mouth got to do with "video games".
    It would be weeks before we would see him. He'd rather camp in his room playing video games, wasting his time instead of being with us.

Today I text him, saying it's the oscar's night and we should hang out at my place so we could watch it together. I invited him to my house so he wouldn't have any fucking excuses. All he have to do is show up.
    From where I'm living, the academy award show would be aired live at 4 a.m local time. Keeping that in mind, knowing I have things to do in the morning on that day, I took a 5 hours sleep so I could make it through the night.
    Just for this dick.

So he text me just now saying, "I love to, but I'm too lazy" bluntly like that. Lazy from what? He has literally nothing to do. It would be all the same to him. Fuck...
    It hurts, this dude is very close to my heart. It's been a whole month since I've last seen him, but he just doesn't seem to give a fuck.

The worst thing is, I don't even give a shit about the academy awards.

(User was banned for this post ("Get a Blog" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Funny Funny x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2

May 2011
    40 Posts
    With comments like "this dude is very close to my heart", I am pretty sure why he doesn't want to come over, bro.

*On a serious note, if like you say is true "20 something, no job, no education. Almost all that comes outta he's mouth got to do with video games" then he's probably suffering from depression or just smoking a lot of pot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,405 Posts
    so tell him. We can solve nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2008
    728 Posts
    Honestly the only thing I can think about is going to him and convincing him to stop being a lazy ass but I think it's safe to assume you've done this already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,545 Posts
    People change. Either deal with his new personality or don't be friends anymore. It sucks either way, but it's pretty much the only way to go without offending him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #6
    سمَـَّوُوُحخ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ امارتيخ ̷̴̐خ
    November 2010
    1,928 Posts
    If he enjoy's playing video games, let him. you shouldn't stop him doing what he enjoys, don't expect him to be forced to go to your house to watch some shitty show on tv that he hates.

otherwise leave him alone

you sound like a dick. if he doesn't want to hang around you then tough, you clearly aren't that interesting to be around. If you want to hang out with him do something that he enjoy's, get into video games, sit with him for a weekend and play co-op games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    I've known this dude throughout my life, he's probably my closet friend and best. I wouldn't be the person I am today, if it weren't for his friendship.

But for the past few years, he's been turning into one of those useless sacks of shit. 20 something, no job, no education. Almost all that comes outta he's mouth got to do with "video games".
    It would be weeks before we would see him. He'd rather camp in his room playing video games, wasting his time instead of being with us.

Today I text him, saying it's the oscar's night and we should hang out at my place so we could watch it together. I invited him to my house so he wouldn't have any fucking excuses. All he have to do is show up.
    From where I'm living, the academy award show would be aired live at 4 a.m local time. Keeping that in mind, knowing I have things to do in the morning on that day, I took a 5 hours sleep so I could make it through the night.
    Just for this dick.

So he text me just now saying, "I love to, but I'm too lazy" bluntly like that. Lazy from what? He has literally nothing to do. It would be all the same to him. Fuck...
    It hurts, this dude is very close to my heart. It's been a whole month since I've last seen him, but he just doesn't seem to give a fuck.

The worst thing is, I don't even give a shit about the academy awards.
    I have similar friends. Sadly, this is the age we start to see once good friends go down the so called path of no return. It is sad, but it is what it is.

8. Post #8
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,394 Posts
    steal his steam account

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    February 2010
    9,945 Posts
    Yeah, there's nothing better to do at 4 am than going to watch the fucking Academy Awards with your friend who thinks you're a sack of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 20Zing Zing x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    I think I'd play games than watch the Oscars too, if that's the best you can do to entice someone then you're probably shit out of luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2010
    2,446 Posts
    Destroy his computer
    What this guy said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,278 Posts
    You make it sound like playing videogames is a massive and pointless waste of time and that hanging out with you is some godly way to spend time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,394 Posts
    What this guy said.
    that works too

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,027 Posts
    Just invite him to fuck instead, he'll be over in an instant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,251 Posts
    he can do what he wants to

if he values video games over you, you're obviously being shit friends eh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    You make it sound like playing videogames is a waste of time and that hanging out with you is some godly way to spend time.
    I think you may be misinterpreting his post.

His friend is a self proclaimed lazy person. At 20 years old, he does not have a job and is doing nothing to further his education or better himself. He is instead staying home and playing video games every day to the point of which that is all he can talk about. He is losing touch with his peers that spend their time at college and their part time jobs or their full time jobs, who probably don't have as much time to play video games.

I'm pretty sure the OP is just disappointed that his friend is spending all his time hauled up in his room playing video games and doing nothing with his life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)