1. Post #1
    October 2010
    380 Posts
    Hi!

Recently I found a program called "AutoSwitch", which by pressing buttons Ctrl+Alt+F12 (can be changed) switches between audio playback devices in control panel (very useful if you have USB headphones and speakers and dont want to go to control panel every time to change output device). I noticed that when you switch the device, it opens all the menus you'd have opened (Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback), changes the settings then closes the menus. It does that in 2 seconds.

What I would like to know is how this is done because I would like to make a few shortcuts of my own. Thank you!

2. Post #2
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    You could probably do that with AutoHotkey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2010
    380 Posts
    Very interesting idea to use macros, will have a look. Thanks!

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,488 Posts
    or use autoit scripting language and make programs like autohotkey, if you like to learn programming or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2010
    380 Posts
    or use autoit scripting language and make programs like autohotkey, if you like to learn programming or whatever.
    That scripting language has the exact same icon as the program I was talking about. Thanks man!