1. Post #1
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,445 Posts
    There have been reports and sightings of bigfoots/yeti's for hundreds of years, but is it just all an elaborate hoax?

I personally believe that there is some creature out there that is the cause of all these thousands of sightings, weather it be a bigfoot, or something way different.

Of course, we can't say it is real until we get a body. We only have pictures, videos, footprints, and even some possible hair samples.

This wouldn't be a thread about bigfoot without a few of the best footage of bigfoots now would it?

The Patterson Footage
    The Freeman Footage

I truly think that bigfoot is out there, because there have just been way too many sightings for me to think that there isn't.

That's just what I think of this whole matter, what do you guys think? Support your opinions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

2. Post #2
    (Banned Depressed user.
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,828 Posts
    That's just a man dressed in an Ape suit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3
    September 2009
    2,291 Posts
    Then why didn't they find bigfoot shit all over the forest ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #4
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,482 Posts
    I find it possible, but not plausable. I've heard a lot of evidence that suggests there "could" be something out there, but not anything that says there "is" something out there.

If Big Foot really does exist, it's definitely an endangered animal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    It never existed. It's all bullshit.

The original bigfoot footprints were hoaxed by a man, who after he died his family admitted this fact and said so in the local paper.

The movie taken of said creature, is merely a man in an ape suit. The stories of both men present at the recording conflict with each other.

Another, is that no great bipedal apes live anywhere in the New World. We find creatures like this in the Old World, but no fossils or bones have really been found in the New World to support claims of bigfoot.

Given that bears have the ability to stand on hind legs, the sightings are in areas with dark forests and people expect to see it, makes it all the more likely it is a bear instead.

Finally, the environment bigfoot lives in is not suitable for large bipedal primates. There is a reason they flourish in tropical areas and not chilly forests in the north.

Bigfoot never existed.

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Obviously people on Facepunch are going to deny any and all evidence regarding any "supernatural" subjects because "it's not scientifically possible".

I too believe Bigfoot is real. The same can be said for UFOs (I know some people think UFOs are just asteroids or something, which is just stupid), "ghosts", and people predicting future events, etc. It all seems stupid at first. But really, all the evidence is right there and people just simply say "nope".

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,491 Posts
    Some Bigfoot evidence.

-removed-

(User was banned for this post ("This is NOT debating." - Megafan))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #8
    June 2011
    2,310 Posts
    Obviously people on Facepunch are going to deny any and all evidence regarding any "supernatural" subjects because "it's not scientifically possible".
    I fail to see how that is a point to be mocked. There is absolutely nothing wrong with relying on scientific evidence over supernatural evidence and supposed "eye witnesses".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

9. Post #9
    January 2009
    1,253 Posts

I too believe Bigfoot is real. The same can be said for UFOs (I know some people think UFOs are just asteroids or something, which is just stupid), "ghosts", and people predicting future events, etc. It all seems stupid at first. But really, all the evidence is right there and people just simply say "nope".
    What.

Do you care to share any empirical evidence that support your claims? Or is all you have a bunch of low-quality conveniently shaky footage?

Bigfoot does not exist. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to suggest that such a creature exists, just as there is no evidence for ghosts or alien spaceships visiting earth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,261 Posts
    It never existed. It's all bullshit.

The original bigfoot footprints were hoaxed by a man, who after he died his family admitted this fact and said so in the local paper.

The movie taken of said creature, is merely a man in an ape suit. The stories of both men present at the recording conflict with each other.

Another, is that no great bipedal apes live anywhere in the New World. We find creatures like this in the Old World, but no fossils or bones have really been found in the New World to support claims of bigfoot.

Given that bears have the ability to stand on hind legs, the sightings are in areas with dark forests and people expect to see it, makes it all the more likely it is a bear instead.

Finally, the environment bigfoot lives in is not suitable for large bipedal primates. There is a reason they flourish in tropical areas and not chilly forests in the north.

Bigfoot never existed.
    He sums it up perfectly,
    THERE IS NO PROOF
    THERE IS NO BELIEF

11. Post #11
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts

People do not just say nope, people (such as myself) conclude that the evidence is inconclusive.

Your mockery of scientific analysis tells me that you simply shun logical evidence in favor of the option you prefer.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,183 Posts
    I think it is out there, but if there wasnt any evidence or body either its endangered or somehow the bodies decay pretty damn fast.

13. Post #13
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,438 Posts
    I believe Bigfoot to be much like the Loch Ness monster.
    Almost all of the "evidence" is proved fake, and even though there was probrably something that started the stories in the first place in both cases, they have just been blown out of proportion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

14. Post #14
    meow
    Dennab
    March 2012
    3,386 Posts
    He (I presume it's a male) probably doesn't exist but it would be cool if he did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

15. Post #15
    March 2012
    1,001 Posts
    I don't know but if you look at the Yeti, why would 2 so different cultures report sightings of a similar thing?

Makes you think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

16. Post #16
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,445 Posts
    He (I presume it's a male) probably doesn't exist but it would be cool if he did
    Bigfoot isn't just 1 specimen. There have been thousands of reports of them all over the world.

As far as I know, an ape like animal doesn't have the capability to travel around the world and be seen so many different places with different appearances, shapes and sizes.

If they are real, they have families. That means there has to be females.

The "creature" in the patterson footage is presumed to be a female because it appears to have breasts.

I just don't understand why you had to say you presume bigfoot is a male, it just doesn't make any sense.

17. Post #17
    October 2011
    2,338 Posts
    I don't know but if you look at the Yeti, why would 2 so different cultures report sightings of a similar thing?

Makes you think.
    Why would different cultures all over the world have similar religious stories even when they've never come in contact with each other? It doesn't make them true or add truth to the matter in any way, it just suggests some unifying features of human psychology in general.

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Bigfoot does not exist. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to suggest that such a creature exists, just as there is no evidence for ghosts or alien spaceships visiting earth.
    Exactly. It always has to be scientific with you guys. It can't be logical evidence, just scientific.

If a million people said they've seen UFOs (which I'm sure there's more anyway), you would simply just ignore that evidence and say "Oh, well they're just people. Science hasn't proved it so therefore it must not be true.".

Edited:

People do not just say nope, people (such as myself) conclude that the evidence is inconclusive.

Your mockery of scientific analysis tells me that you simply shun logical evidence in favor of the option you prefer.
    Science isn't always logical, FYI.

19. Post #19
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts

There is no goddamn evidence.

Any person who thinks ghosts are real, the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot, psychics, astrology, alternative medicine, or anything that does not rely on the tiniest shred of scientific evidence is a bloody fool.

We know what ghosts are, bullshit. We know what bigfoot is, bullshit. We know many things that is baloney yet superstitious fools cling onto their dying ancient beliefs in the hope that it is true.

Bigfoot does not exist, and there is little to argue for its existence without bullshitting us.

Exactly. It always has to be scientific with you guys. It can't be logical evidence, just scientific.

If a million people said they've seen UFOs (which I'm sure there's more anyway), you would simply just ignore that evidence and say "Oh, well they're just people. Science hasn't proved it so therefore it must not be true.".
    No you stupid bastard. Science is a way of acquiring knowledge through use of the scientific method. Scientists observe the world, and test it multiple times. The word supernatural is bull in itself. Everything in the universe is natural, and anything that appears not to be is something natural not yet understood.

Science isn't always logical, FYI.
    And you are using broken logic in the form of a negative proof.

20. Post #20
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts

Well, Bigfoot is not really supernatural, it's just cryptozoology, as for its existence, I believe it could be possible, seeing as we've had tribes of primitive humans in some islands and in the amazon that were only recently discovered, and there are probably more out there. If it took this much time to find them I wouldn't be surprised that an endangered ape would be hard to find too.

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    There is no goddamn evidence.

Any person who thinks ghosts are real, the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot, psychics, astrology, alternative medicine, or anything that does not rely on the tiniest shred of scientific evidence is a bloody fool.

We know what ghosts are, bullshit. We know what bigfoot is, bullshit. We know many things that is baloney yet superstitious fools cling onto their dying ancient beliefs in the hope that it is true.

Bigfoot does not exist, and there is little to argue for its existence without bullshitting us.
    Eyewitnesses tell more than you think. Do you really believe a bunch of people just gather around and decided that they should tell everyone they saw a UFO? I use the UFO example because it by far has the most evidence. And just because science says no, it doesn't mean it's not true.

People need to stop relying on science so much and rely more on reasoning and logic.

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    Bigfoot lives in conditions unsuitable for a large non human primate.

In 2009, J.D. Lozier, P. Aniello, and M.J. Hickerson constructed an Ecological Niche Model for Bigfoot.[2] They constructed their model with the help of nine climate variables that had a strong correlation with Bigfoot-sighting locations. They found that it has a very close match with an ENM for the black bear (Ursus americanus), and they concluded:

Although it is possible that Sasquatch and U. americanus share such remarkably similar bioclimatic requirements, we nonetheless suspect that many Bigfoot sightings are, in fact, of black bears.
    Eyewitnesses tell more than you think. Do you really believe a bunch of people just gather around and decided that they should tell everyone they saw a UFO? I use the UFO example because it by far has the most evidence. And just because science says no, it doesn't mean it's not true.
    There is no conclusive evidence, most of it is misidentified objects such as weather balloons, aircraft, meteors, stars, planets, human activities, etc. The fact that the first few UFO sightings started soon after jet aircraft and stealth aircraft started to go into production, and happened nearby testing areas for said aircraft is no coincidence.

The reason people think they see a UFO is because they EXPECT to see it. Rather than find a rational conclusion they automatically assume its a UFO.

People need to stop relying on science so much and rely more on reasoning and logic.
    Science is based off reasoning and logic you blasted fool, do you even know what the scientific method is?

23. Post #23
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Penn and Teller did a nice intelligent episode on bigfoot and Cryptozoology in general, give it a watch. (I don't believe he exists personally)

They also did one on UFO's

Uh what?
    Eyewitnesses are the weakest kind of evidence, I don't even know what you're going on about in the latter there.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,822 Posts
    We know what ghosts are, bullshit.
    That's why a Hobo was able to curse my parents. Long story short, every house my parents lived in, at midnight, every alarm and light would turn on and off. By themselves. It was freaky. I was up once for it. Then my Uncle, conveniently a priest, exorcised us and we're no longer haunted.

I believe there is some sort of Bigfoot like creature out there,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts

Uh yeah, I'm sure they did, I'd do it, it's a practical joke to them. You're honestly telling me that if I were to say right now that I went to Mars last night and found some aliens, you'd believe it?

26. Post #26
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,079 Posts
    Which is a damned good reason, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

It all seems stupid at first. But really, all the evidence is right there and people just simply say "nope".
    Saying that "the evidence is right there and you guys just can't believe it when you see it" isn't the same as providing evidence to these pseudo-scientifical explanations.

27. Post #27
    August 2010
    1,541 Posts
    That's why a Hobo was able to curse my parents. Long story short, every house my parents lived in, at midnight, every alarm and light would turn on and off. By themselves. It was freaky. I was up once for it. Then my Uncle, conveniently a priest, exorcised us and we're no longer haunted.

"Ghosts are bullshit."
    "No, curses are real shut up."

With how easy it is to recreate this type of stuff, it's really hard to believe anything. There's going to have to be a capture or something of the sort to convince me.

Or enough respectable scientists thinking they have enough evidence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,676 Posts
    For such a creature to exist, there would have to be a population large enough to breed. Such a population would have been found unless there's some large underground cave system like blackreach that somehow hasn't been discovered yet

29. Post #29
    October 2011
    2,338 Posts

"rely more on reasoning and logic" I could tell you the same thing....
    Eyewitness and first hand accounts are the most unreliable, most biased, and easily falsifiable pieces of evidence available. Just because there's a lot of something doesn't make that something true. Just because billions of people believe in god doesn't make god true. Just because millions claim to see ufos doesn't make ufos true. Just because millions claim to see ghosts doesn't make ghosts true. All these events show similarities and a unifying feature in human psychology, they do not add creditably, evidence, or probability towards the subject in any significant way. If you're going to use "logic and reason" actually use it and don't just rely on the numbers...

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    Self-fufilling prophecy. The human mind is very easily open to suggestion, so it is not uncommon for someone who believes they have been cursed, to reinforce that belief with confirmation bias, saying "The lights/alarm are on, must be a curse."

The healing or removal of the curse works the same way. You believe you've been cured, so you allow yourself to get better, or notice only the good things that happen to you.

I'm not believing shit about such a creature until we get bones, fossils, bodies, fucking anything conclusive.

Shaky video footage, suggestible eyewitnesses, faked footprints, etc is NOT evidence. The reason scientists don't even waste their time on the bloody thing is because it was FAKED.

THE FIRST MAN WHO REPORTED THE CREATURE WAS SHOWN TO BE A FRAUD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,269 Posts
    I don't think there is any bigfoot. If he lived in the forest, I find it extremely unlikely that not more people would have come across him and managed to get some good footage of him.

We also have never found any remains from any predecessors to bigfoot, which makes me think it's highly unlikely that people across a country could see a new species in our current time while there are no evidence that something in history evolved into this creature. If he should be the descendant of neanderthals, humans, or some ape, then the remains of this abnormality whose offspring eventually evolved into bigfoot should be possible to find and should have had to be in existence long enough that it could likely not have been dead for more than 100 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #32
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,079 Posts
    There would at LEAST be bigfoot poop somewhere out there.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,031 Posts
    I'd like to believe but the footage and pictures (excluding blatantly fake ones) you see are always blurry and you can never make anything out apart from a black blur.

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    "rely more on reasoning and logic" I could tell you the same thing....
    Eyewitness and first hand accounts are the most unreliable, most biased, and easily falsifiable pieces of evidence available. Just because there's a lot of something doesn't make that something true. Just because billions of people believe in god doesn't make god true. Just because millions claim to see ufos doesn't make ufos true. Just because millions claim to see ghosts doesn't make ghosts true. All these events show similarities and a unifying feature in human psychology, they do not add creditably, evidence, or probability towards the subject in any significant way. If you're going to use "logic and reason" actually use it and don't just rely on the numbers...
    Again, witnesses are evidence. When someone gets killed and several witnesses come forward giving the same story as to what happened, I suppose that's just bullshit, right? You believe science is the only way something can be true, which is stupid. Just because it isn't proven, that doesn't mean it can't be true.

Edited:

Uh yeah, I'm sure they did, I'd do it, it's a practical joke to them. You're honestly telling me that if I were to say right now that I went to Mars last night and found some aliens, you'd believe it?
    No, I wouldn't. You're one person, not thousands or millions.

35. Post #35
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    No, I wouldn't. You're one person, not thousands or millions.
    No you bloody fool, people can be biased.

We need EVIDENCE.

We need something that can be tested RELIABLY in CONTROLLED conditions multiple times over to actually start getting anywhere.

We need fucking fossils, bones, bigfoot shit, corpses, anything.

THERE IS NOTHING.

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Science is based off reasoning and logic you blasted fool, do you even know what the scientific method is?
    No, science is based off of studies. If there were more studies going on about Bigfoot instead of people just saying "Nope, it's not possible because science says so.", I'm sure it could be proven.

As for what you said about UFOs, that's bullshit. Even if most UFOs had been misidentified, what about all the video evidence? As someone who's seen a UFO (or two), I can tell you that they are definitely real whether the aircraft be of this planet or another. I know I'm just one person, but as I said, there are other people who have seen UFOs, believe it or not. And when you get such a high number of witnesses, video evidence, picture evidence, etc., it's got to be true seeing as how there isn't any good evidence against such a thing as UFOs.

Edited:

No you bloody fool, people can be biased.
    Cool, so everybody who's seen something that goes against science is biased. Awesome.

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    No, science is based off of studies. If there were more studies going on about Bigfoot instead of people just saying "Nope, it's not possible because science says so.", I'm sure it could be proven.

As for what you said about UFOs, that's bullshit. Even if most UFOs had been misidentified, what about all the video evidence? As someone who's seen a UFO (or two), I can tell you that they are definitely real whether the aircraft be of this planet or another. I know I'm just one person, but as I said, there are other people who have seen UFOs, believe it or not. And when you get such a high number of witnesses, video evidence, picture evidence, etc., it's got to be true seeing as how there isn't any good evidence against such a thing as UFOs.
    Please explain to me why no bigfoot fossils, bones, fur, hair, shit, corpses, etc have been found.
    Secondly, explain why no records of it exist before the man who faked its footprints came about.
    Thirdly, explain how such a creature would survive in such conditions which are far from ideal.

38. Post #38
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Whether it's actually Bigfoot or not, there's something going on. It's kind of ignorant to simply assume that all eye witnesses are hoaxers, insane, or just plain stupid.

Here is a really interesting interview with an eyewitness by the way.

It's not proof, but it's very chilling and interesting, for both believers and non-believers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    Whether it's actually Bigfoot or not, there's something going on. It's kind of ignorant to simply assume that all eye witnesses are hoaxers, insane, or just plain stupid.

Here is a really interesting interview with an eyewitness by the way.

It's not proof, but it's very chilling and interesting, for both believers and non-believers.
    Not ignorance. What is ignorance is to state that bigfoot exists without any credible evidence.

This video is not that. What we need is physical evidence.

I am very well up for believing it exists, but you are going to have to bring me evidence first.

There is also a lot of logical flaws when you consider it. For example, how would such a creature evolve in such unforgiving conditions?

Why do we have not HAVE A SINGLE FUCKING FOSSIL OF ANY CREATURE REMOTELY RESEMBLING BIGFOOT OR POSSIBLE ANCESTORS OF IT ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE NEW WORLD?

40. Post #40
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Not ignorance. What is ignorance is to state that bigfoot exists without any credible evidence.
    It's simply a matter of trying to explain what people are reporting.
    There is also a lot of logical flaws when you consider it. For example, how would such a creature evolve in such unforgiving conditions?
    What conditions? Bigfoot sightings are most common in remote and thick forests.
    Why do we have not HAVE A SINGLE FUCKING FOSSIL OF ANY CREATURE REMOTELY RESEMBLING BIGFOOT OR POSSIBLE ANCESTORS OF IT ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE NEW WORLD?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events