1. Post #1
    May 2009
    840 Posts

DISCLAIMER:
    So first off, before I get banned or this thread gets locked, let me just tell you: I am well aware of the servers megathread in this section and the 2b2t v3 thread in Games in Progress. 2b2t deserves it's own thread, and not in Games in Progress, because it's not nearly as popular as the Minecraft section. Close the old thread, leave it open, do whatever you want. It's really fucking slow, and only oldfags from 2b2t post in it anyways. This thread is designed to introduce new players to 2b2t, as I and the few other Facepunchers that play would love to see more of our kind.

About 2b2t:
    2b2t is a Minecraft anarchy server run by a fellow named Hausemaster. No rules, no admins*, complete anarchy. The map on 2b2t is over a year old now, and the map filesize over 100gb. Many different internet cultures play on 2b2t: Reddit, /v/, /b/, SomethingAwful, etc. There are a group of Facepunchers as well, although that group has been decreasing ever since the 2b2t thread got moved to Games in Progress. I would love to see more Facepunchers playing, like it was during the "Age of Facepunch" in June 2011.
    *While Hausemaster technically is an admin, he is not opped and rarely even plays on the server.

Phago, this sounds fun and all, but why play on 2b2t?
    2b2t provides a very unique experience to players both new and old to Minecraft. On average, there are usually about 40 or so players on at once, so you can easily make new friends (or enemies). There are ruins of old bases fucking everywhere, so if you are the kind of person who loves to explore, 2b2t is for you. Because there are no rules, if you're the type of person to spam chat with racism or grief any base in sight, you can do it to your heart's desire. And if you are just generally bored, hop on 2b2t, there's always an interesting conversation going on.

Getting Started:
    Spawn is an absolute post-apocalyptic wasteland, with no trees in sight for around 1000 blocks. Getting out of spawn can be hard, but there's usually the odd nether portal around, which can be your ticket to somewhere with trees and animals. Nice guys like myself will occasionally come to spawn and plant trees and wheat, but the resources are usually depleted quickly. If you die of hunger (which you will, several times), keep trying. Once you get out of spawn, it's quite a bit easier to survive, provided you aren't found by raiders. Here are a few screenshots of spawn.

Base 2k2k
    There is a very old base that new players to 2b2t have been using since the beginning of the server, located at -2000x, -2000z. I am the caretaker of it, when I am there. Players come and players go, but everyone usually makes small improvements to it or fixes it up. I invite all of you to come there to get food and supplies. It can be reached through the nether at the coordinates -270x, 90y, -270z. Here are some screenshots of it.
    UPDATE ON BASE 2K2K: It was griefed quite a bit. This is due to people talking about it and it's coords so frequently in chat. Please refrain from talking about 2k2k in chat whatsoever, to keep attention away from it. You can still go there to help rebuild and to start your 2b2t journey if you would like.

Living Together
    There have been several Facepunch republics in the past, but they have all fallen. It's always fun to work together to make a settlement, or even a city, but remember, it will always fall in the end. Some tips for making your settlement last longer is making it as far away from spawn as possible (at least 5000 blocks on both x and y), and only allow those you trust your life with to live with you. If you have a successful base, post screenshots of it, let us know how it is going, etc. Here's a few of a base I was at when I wrote this post.

A few more important things to know:
    -My name on Minecraft is Phagocytic. I am friendly to everyone unless they try to kill me.
    -Most people on 2b2t are jerks. There is spam, spawnkilling, racism, sexism, antisemitism, etc. Deal with it.
    -Respect and help your fellow Facepunchers. United, we are strong.
    -The server does occasionally lag. Usually it isn't very bad.
    -NEVER post coordinates in public chat or on this thread. You will be griefed.
    -The IP is 2b2t.net.
    -NEW: DO NOT TALK ABOUT BASE 2K2K IN CHAT. EVER.
    -NEW: Facepunch 2b2t chat at http://tinychat.com/phagocytic . Please PM for the password.
    And remember, as always TRUST NO ONE
    Have fun! Special thanks to chezhead for making the original 2b2t thread and motivating me to write this one!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly x 45Dumb x 7Winner x 6Funny x 4Late x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2011
    501 Posts
    Ah, that new thread smell.

Not too sure this thread's gonna stay up for much longer, however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 6Agree x 5Funny x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2012
    1,368 Posts
    Is spawn still a bunch of cobblestone and lava?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2009
    840 Posts
    Is spawn still a bunch of cobblestone and lava?
    You bet. As beautiful as always.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree x 12Funny x 6Artistic x 2Dumb x 2Friendly x 1Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2010
    2,213 Posts
    Haven't visited spawn in a month, settled with SnackyNorph so I might later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2009
    840 Posts
    Haven't visited spawn in a month, settled with SnackyNorph so I might later.
    I wish Snacky didn't hate me so much. He seems like a cool guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,987 Posts
    How do you have that old base still? I would have thought with people coming and going it would die right quick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    May 2009
    840 Posts
    How do you have that old base still? I would have thought with people coming and going it would die right quick.
    I don't know, most newfags are good people or something. It just got raided tonight, but that's not really a big deal. There were only basic supplies here that can quickly be restored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2011
    2,355 Posts
    I just can't get out of spawn. The server lags so bad, I can't get any rotten meat because the Zombies ALWAYS HIT ME even if I seem to walk 50 blocks away. So, I really can't play on this server and it makes me sad.

Oh also, I think I have the longest standing 2B2T town.

January 24th 2010-JANUARY 13th 2012

I think it was called 4chania. Guess who made it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    February 2010
    2,213 Posts
    I've had lag issues at this time of night only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,889 Posts
    I remember raiding 2k2k for resources back in whenever. Didn't know someone from here used. Lets if I'll still respawn in my almost year-old base..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #12

September 2011
    213 Posts

Progress so far on a base with Me,Livelion,Policemike55,TheCactusMan,Assassin_Rap tor,TylerCB and x0XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 20Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,543 Posts
    i'm only 3500 units away from spawn, barren fucking snow desert everywhere

and where is that base??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,889 Posts
    Ohh, TheCactusMan was such an ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    July 2011
    90 Posts
    Me and a friend are currently living on a mushroom island not too far out. We've just made it a small base to gather food and basic supplies. Then when we have all our stuff, we go out exploring to find bases :).

(Previously built a mega base, got griefed and was annoying due to constant rollbacks wasting our time)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    617 Posts
    I still should have stacks of diamond blocks somewhere in 10ks if map is same map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts

Progress so far on a base with Me,Livelion,Policemike55,TheCactusMan,Assassin_Rap tor,TylerCB and x0XP.
    We need screenshots of my upside-down house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    3,377 Posts
    2bt2t has either properly restarted, or they are pulling an April fools joke. Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member

November 2010
    395 Posts
    Oh god, the map restart is just a joke, right?
    Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,355 Posts
    Swam 1000 blocks as there's a massive ocean near spawn, reached land, got killed whilst typing.

I need people to work with haha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2012
    3,792 Posts
    What is the IP address?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2009
    641 Posts
    What is the IP address?
    2b2t.net
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Informative Informative x 2Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,065 Posts
    I really like the new map, and it seems to have boosted the activity on the server as well. Shame it'll probably get changed back :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    Is 2k2k still there? I'm heading there now, this is the first time I've ever been on 2b2t.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts
    I'd quite like the new map to stay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,355 Posts
    I agree with Livelion in that the new map should stay. Everyone lost stuff and was butthurt for all of about five minutes then everyone loved it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,597 Posts
    I'm actually enjoying the new map, I haven't enjoyed 2b2t.net in over a year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,807 Posts
    Wait, there's a new map on 2b2t?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,543 Posts
    i have found an awesome island at x: -3894 and z: 4122
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,136 Posts

I've met cactusman a few times, and never survived once

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,807 Posts
    Livelion my life is not a waste of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,597 Posts
    Just got to 10K,10k via overwolrd
    c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,070 Posts
    The world got reset? That means I won't be on my feud 650k out anymore? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    dear god the humanity!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2010
    1,558 Posts
    The last time I visited 2b2t there was a huge argument over whether the map should be reset or not. I'd bet it's an April Fool's joke.

Edited:

Oh god the spawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,807 Posts
    ghasts everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,543 Posts
    aw man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,597 Posts
    back to old map?
    Meh, cba playing now

oh goodbye progress, lost 12k of travel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,016 Posts
    deer cod
    the spawn

also fuck you damian in your diamond armour, attacking me like that D:

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,543 Posts
    also lost 10K of travel and half a stack of diamonds etc etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)