DO NOT FORGET TO RATE "THE VMAN" FOR THE TORNADO. FULL CREDIT TO THE TORNADO EFFECTS. I ONLY MADE THE PHYSICS!
Requires CS:S for some props, and Episode 2 for scenery
Final Release Date: RELEASED
This map is the third of four, of the Gmod Tornado Maps
1) Tornado Alley, gm_tornadoalley - Basic tornado, medium play area, small detail, very dark -RELEASED-
2) Tornado Highway, gm_tornadohighway - New tornado, 3 tornadoes, massive play area, medium detail -RELEASED-
3) Tornado Valley, gm_tornadovalley - New tornadoes, 3 tornadoes, medium play area, major detail -NOT STARTED-
4) Tornado Nightfall, gm_tornadonightfall - New tornadoes, 3 tornadoes, large play area, medium detail, night time -IN TESTING-
- Tornadoes were redone, the suck-radius was revamped.
- Tornado Warning Alarm (Siren) (Only activated by players, otherwise will not sound.)
- Tornado EAS System, 9 alarms in total, 6 props in the gas station. All radios will play it.
- Tornado TV EAS system, all TV's will show EAS when a tornado warning is given.
- F1 Tornado (Speed increased from gm_tornadohighway. Now moves at slightly faster than full sprint speed.)
- F3 Tornado (Just under sprinting speed, faster than the F3 in the old map)
- F5 Tornado (Same speed as walking)
- All buildings are destructible
- Drive In theater built by Saber
- Gas Station created by Saber and built to be destructible by myself, with custom explosion particle by The Vman, and completely destructible
- Dark atmosphere, nighttime setting,
- Custom sunset stormy skybox texture by Mr. Chop
- Admin room with the ability to turn off rain, turn off/on thunder and lightning, and disable/enable tornado spawning.
HOW THE TORNADO SPAWNS:
1) The timer is set randomly, it can spawn anywhere between 2 minutes between tornadoes, and 8 minutes.
1b) To turn the timer off, hit the DISABLE button in the Admin Room
2) The timer will determine whether or not an F1, F3, or F5 is to spawn, or if two or three will spawn at the same time. This value is completely random, and not even I can determine which tornado is going to spawn.
3) Once the timer fires, the sequence begins.
4) The tornadoes will spawn randomly within 45 seconds to 2 minutes after the EAS warning.
5) The tornadoes will last for anywhere between 1 minute and 2 minutes after spawning.
- Release Video #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFN5rhEEC74
- Progress Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYXfFIqP4Fw 05/07/2012
- Demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YksyAVIySsI 05/09/2012
- Transforming Tornado: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvmpbqqc0Yw