1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,134 Posts

SCP – Containment Breach is a free survival horror game written in BlitzMax using Blitz3D SDK. You are playing as one of the workers of an SCP Containment Site, when something goes wrong and you find yourself trapped inside the dark building with several escaped SCPs.
    Game features:
    Randomly generated map – every playthrough is different
    Main focus on SCP-173 and puzzles built around it
    Blink-meter that forces you to blink after a while
    Items that you must use to get out of the facility…
    …or to find out what is happening
    Random appearances of SCP-[REDACTED] and SCP-[REDACTED]
    Surveillance cameras and monitors that may help or harm you
    Keter-difficulty with permadeath – if you die, your save is deleted
    Euclid-difficulty with normal saving

http://scpcb.wordpress.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 85Funny x 3Late x 2Informative x 1Artistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    Apparently the Alpha will be out in a couple weeks, personally, I can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,794 Posts
    A blink timer? Really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,711 Posts
    A blink timer? Really?
    The whole gimmick of SCP 173 is that it only moves when nobody's looking.

That being said I really would've preferred a more obscure SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 70 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,258 Posts
    This is great, im really glad the scp foundation is getting a little popularity with the games, they are really good!

Edited:

The whole gimmick of SCP 173 is that it only moves when nobody's looking. That being said I really would've preferred a more obscure SCP.
    SCP hipster
    There are other scps in it trying to kill you, but this one is hunting you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,175 Posts
    Spoilers: the entire mess is Dr. Bright's fault.

(not really)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 72Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,698 Posts
    God damn it another SCP game I have to survive through. I always die anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,186 Posts
    SCP-173?

Nope Nope Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,042 Posts

This game looks absolutely horror inducing.
    I can't wait to give it a try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 69Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,852 Posts
    SCP-895 seems really well done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,960 Posts
    Needs more of that one SCP who has to be soaked in acid constantly or he kills fuck tons of people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,450 Posts
    That SCP site is really a goldmine of game concepts... If they can be executed well. It'd be cool if a handful of them could be implemented into a bigger-budget horror game with a wider scope than "check out this shit before it inevitably kills you."

The site itself never really did anything for me, but I like the idea of games like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,820 Posts
    That SCP site is really a goldmine of game concepts... If they can be executed well. It'd be cool if a handful of them could be implemented into a bigger-budget horror game with a wider scope than "check out this shit before it inevitably kills you."

The site itself never really did anything for me, but I like the idea of games like this.
    I always liked the idea of an SCP game being built around the player being some random D-class who gets freed during some huge fuckup, and has to figure out how to escape the site using his wits and SCP knowledge.

Hide from re-containment teams and Keter-level containment breaches. Get to SCP-082's cell and tell him that you're there to evacuate him due to an assassination attempt. Use the Book of Endings as a cheat-sheet for what containment areas should be avoided at all costs. Acquire SCP-674 so that you can fool automated security feeds into believing you've already been dealt with. Sky is the limit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,038 Posts
    I always liked the idea of an SCP game being built around the player being some random D-class who gets freed during some huge fuckup, and has to figure out how to escape the site using his wits and SCP knowledge.

Hide from re-containment teams and Keter-level containment breaches. Get to SCP-082's cell and tell him that you're there to evacuate him due to an assassination attempt. Use the Book of Endings as a cheat-sheet for what containment areas should be avoided at all costs. Acquire SCP-674 so that you can fool automated security feeds into believing you've already been dealt with. Sky is the limit.
    Seems unlikely because class-D aren't exactly acquired for their wits and SCP knowgledge.

Also don't they describe in one SCP how class-D are periodically executed making it even less likely that a class-D dude would know anything about what he's even doing there until he's about to die (either due to testing with a SCP or having survived it which spells termination).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,852 Posts
    Seems unlikely because class-D aren't exactly acquired for their wits and SCP knowgledge.

Also don't they describe in one SCP how class-D are periodically executed making it even less likely that a class-D dude would know anything about what he's even doing there until he's about to die (either due to testing with a SCP or having survived it which spells termination).
    You would have to play as some low level agent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

16. Post #16
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,785 Posts
    Needs to be some scary "DUN DUNNNN" sounds when 173 appears an inch in front of you.

brb turning on all the lights in my house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,556 Posts
    Can someone explain all this SCP stuff? Never even heard of it.

If there are survival horror games based on other SCPs, links to information?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

18. Post #18
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,353 Posts
    Man, there should be a game based on the Editor Beetle SCP.

It could be like one of those little toy widgets, except you have to type grammatically incorrect sentences to feed the beetles, and then they correct it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #19
    January 2012
    10,794 Posts
    Needs more of that one SCP who has to be soaked in acid constantly or he kills fuck tons of people.
    A Prototype style game about a 682 breach would be rad as shit but massively non-cannon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,999 Posts

They're executed at the end of the month. If they were smart and the breach occured just a day or two before then, they may be able to peace together a very basic idea of what the Foundation is.

Also, D-Class aren't necessarily taken from death-row all the time. If supplies of them get really bad, the Foundation just nabs random civillians. So not all of the protagonists are necessarily convicted rapists or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    We need a game about SCP-083's termination log

It needs to be done.

Edited:

You play as Dr. Kondraki.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 6 (list)

22. Post #22
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,761 Posts
    Can someone explain all this SCP stuff? Never even heard of it.

If there are survival horror games based on other SCPs, links to information?
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/
    All you need to know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,698 Posts
    That's SCP-682, and this piece of shit is so dangerous that even in containment breach it has another containment just in case that extends around his prior containment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,582 Posts
    Holy fuck yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

25. Post #25
    January 2012
    10,794 Posts
    That's SCP-689, and this piece of shit is so dangerous that even in containment breach it has another containment just in case that extends around his prior containment.
    682, 689's a teleporting statue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,001 Posts
    There was this one SCP about a prison cell block where the further you investigate, you get increasingly disturbing hallucinations.

I want a game on that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events

27. Post #27
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,729 Posts
    Im scared and i didn't even start it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,761 Posts
    There was this one SCP about a prison cell block where the further you investigate, you get increasingly disturbing hallucinations.

I want a game on that.
    Someone was actually making a Gmod map based on that, it looked pretty damn good, even though he was still learning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

29. Post #29
    October 2009
    2,176 Posts
    Oh god SCP-106 is in it. Fuck that, ima play Tony Hawk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    -snip wrong SCP-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #31
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,138 Posts
    Thought it was cool until I read SCP-173

nopenopenope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    That last picture is fucking terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    Thought it was cool until I read SCP-173

nopenopenope
    There's worse than 173
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30 (list)

34. Post #34
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    Link me the worst ones. I feel like shitting myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

35. Post #35
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    Link me the worst ones. I feel like shitting myself.
    SCP-965
    SCP-700 (aka: "When you see it...")
    SCP-363
    SCP-823
    SCP-106
    SCP-513
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

36. Post #36
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,138 Posts
    There's worse than 173
    I know this. I read the SCP site pretty often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,928 Posts
    I claim to rarely be frightened by games or movies, but fucking nope, I'm not going anywhere near this shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    SCP survival horror game?!?

YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,999 Posts
    Apparently it'll have various choices in it. According to the blog, at one point you'll find a blindfolded D-Class near SCP-106's (the corrossive acid dude who phazes through walls) cell, and you can either torture the fuck out of him with a meat cleaver to draw 106 into its pocket dimension with the poor D-Class with it (which means it'll be occupied with eating his face for the rest of the game), or let him live and keep getting chased.

Also from what I can gather the game will be a total sandbox in the facility, which to me sounds like one of the most appealing aspects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 21Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    The textures on the SCPs look dreadful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 35Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)