1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,254 Posts
    So today, then I got home from school, I turned on my computer, and when the desktop was loaded, it started to play this random song from my music album on Windows Media Player.

And i'm like what the fuck are you doing?

Why does this happen? even after I delete the song, it still plays at startup, this is pissing me off.

Help Facepunch! what do I do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    Check the startup folder in the start menu and also run msconfig (winkey + r) and see if it's in the startup tab
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    gooby pls

April 2011
    86 Posts
    As the guy above me said, use msconfig to change your startup.

4. Post #4
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,231 Posts
    If you haven't already, you should put run on your startup area as it is hidden on default for vista/7

This will make going to run quicker, though win+r works fine.

Just right click on your taskbar > properties > start menu > then click on customize and find the tickbox above
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,118 Posts
    If you haven't already, you should put run on your startup area as it is hidden on default for vista/7

This will make going to run quicker, though win+r works fine.

Just right click on your taskbar > properties > start menu > then click on customize and find the tickbox above
    Run is disabled by default because isn't necessary in Vista/7. Just type anything you would normally type in Run into the start menu's search bar and it'll run it like Run would.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,231 Posts
    Run is disabled by default because isn't necessary in Vista/7. Just type anything you would normally type in Run into the start menu's search bar and it'll run it like Run would.

For some reason I still prefer using run than typing, I'll get used to it soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,704 Posts
    For some reason I still prefer using run than typing, I'll get used to it soon
    Windows + R is still good without having the option showing.