1. Post #1
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts

Description:
    Sniper Elite V2 is an upcoming 2012 tactical shooter video game by Rebellion Developments for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
    It is a remake of Rebellion's 2005 game Sniper Elite.
    The game takes place in the same timeframe and location - the Battle of Berlin in April 1945 - but now the main character, an American Office of Strategic Services agent, must either kill or capture scientists involved in the German V-2 rocket programme.
    It was named by IGN as one of the 'biggest shooters' of the year.

Faq
    What platforms is the game being released on?

Xbox360, PS3 and PC

When is the release date?

May 1st 2012

Is the game a first person or third person shooter?

Third person and first person for sniping

Will there be online?

Yes

Will there be a multiplayer?

Yes - Two player onlilne co-op has been announced so far...

The modes are:

Kill Tally – As waves of enemies storm in players must race against the clock to eliminate as many as possible in order to achieve the highest possible kill count.

Bombing Run – Gamers must escape a scheduled bombing run but the only getaway vehicle is broken. Before the bombs fall, the area must be searched for parts and fuel while remaining unseen.

Overwatch – Players combine separate skillsets as a sniper and an operative and work in tandem to take out enemies.

Campaign – Fans play through the single-player campaign with a friend.[/list]

What are the PC system requirements?

OS: Microsoft® Windows® Vista (Service Pack 2) or Windows® 7 (Windows® XP is NOT supported)

Processor: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Intel® Pentium® D 3GHz / AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4200) or better

Memory: 2GB system memory

Hard Drive: 10GB of free drive space

Graphics: Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of memory (NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 series / ATI Radeon™ HD 3870) or better

Sound: Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0 compatible sound card or better

DirectX®: Microsoft® DirectX® 11.0

Internet: Free STEAM® account and internet connection required for activation. Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer connectivity.

Will there be a demo?

Yes - more info on this will be coming later (Already out for PS3 and 360)

How is the harder difficulty made harder?

The hardest difficulty setting will strip away all the support players receive on the easier settings and provides a fully realistic simulation, meaning you will have to judge everything from wind adjustments to bullet drop

What does the ballistics system include?

Gravity, bullet drop and cross winds need to be taken into consideration - so you'll need to aim above and to the side of your target to compensate.

How many bullet cam sequences are there?

The clips are not pre-rendered, so we don’t know! We have counted 125... but expect more than 500

Is this game historically accurate?

The story is inspired by true events. It focuses on real life scenarios. The action takes place at the end of WWII within the brain race to steal Nazi V2 tech.

Will there be pre-order bonus material?

Yes - more information will be coming on this later

Do the Germans speak German and the Russians Russian?

Yes

What language support will there be?

Language support for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish initially, with Russian ad Polish support appearing for PC version.
    Images

Gameplay Videos

Where the title comes from

ORIGINAL OP BY THEJOKER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner x 31Funny x 4Dumb x 2Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Looks not that bad, although the animations look a bit weird.

Also the conversations between the german soldiers sound terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

3. Post #3
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts
    Yeah the animations are definitely clunky, but that's pretty easy to overlook compared to what other games have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    The killcam's look worth the price of the game alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 40 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    I felt bad when he shot the guy who was carrying the wounded soldier :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,517 Posts
    Wooo, sniper elite thread
    Been trying to snipe that fucking sniper through his scope all day :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    Demo is done, I'll play it and come right back here! :)

Edited:

I think I just shot someone's grenade because it made them blow up.

Whatever it was, it was pretty awesome.

Edited:

Well that was pretty good, probably pick it up on pc later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    Aiming with analogue sticks on consoles must be a pain in the ass, but I'll look forward to the chance of getting this for PS3 if I don't have the monies to get a new PC soon.
    Edit: The demo played real nice, despite the fact you have to use the analogue sticks. Sniper Elite V2, consider yourself bought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Disagree x 4Dumb x 2Agree x 2Friendly x 1Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,304 Posts
    The Killcam for when you hit a grenade (When you get lucky to see the body behind the explosion) You can just watch all the bones shatter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,606 Posts
    Anyone notice how far that guys balls were apart?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 8 (list)

11. Post #11
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    -What's the fucking point-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,081 Posts
    I got the original a few days ago and it's cool enough.
    Definitely getting the demo when it hits PC though it seems kinda moot. What I've seen so far seems cool enough to buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Anyone have a savegame for the pc version? Im on the mission where youre with the german resistance and they're supposed to take out Tigers, but they're just standing there and I only had TNT to kill 2 out of 3 of them.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,926 Posts
    Title is suited for this game. I have never heard someone laugh so much and so hard on xbox live just because he managed to shoot some poor bastard in the Testicle. The entire party downloaded the demo and attempted a Testicle shot for about two hours after he calmed down.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,718 Posts
    Man, I saw the killcams and that alone made me want the game.

Damned lack of PC demo!

16. Post #16
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    oh man the killcams in this game are pretty damn wild

17. Post #17
    I like to get my fingers wet!
    September 2007
    823 Posts
    Made an awesome shot earlier.
    It went through the left eye of a guy walking along, went through his brain, out his skull, then exploded out of the back of his head, proceeded to land in the mouth of the nazi behind him, breaking his teeth and then blowing his throat apart.

Love it :)

18. Post #18
    July 2011
    2,355 Posts
    I want this game just for the kill cams.
    I don't know why, but I love seeing the bullet rip apart people's bodies.
    I am messed up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 41Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,405 Posts
    I got an excellent nutshot a few minutes ago on the PS3 demo. A guy was running to help another guy that i shot in the gut, and i was trying to score a hit on this guy at 180 meters, hit him right in the nuts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    I love the killcams too. Though they'll get repeated after awhile, like VATs in Fallout 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    do you always play as the same guy or do you also play as a russian or german?

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,598 Posts
    I want this game just for the kill cams.
    I don't know why, but I love seeing the bullet rip apart people's bodies.
    I am messed up.
    We all are.

I've been replaying this and I seem to be getting less killcams than before. What activates them?

They also need to smooth out the bullethole effects before release, the exit wounds are especially terrible in the demo.

Also there are a few odd things about this game. A sniper bullet to the foot was enough to insta-kill someone, but a shot to the chest or stomach and they can be okay. And pull out your thompson and do some medium distance shooting. Keep a record of how many bullets it takes to kill someone. My best seems to be 8.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,515 Posts
    do you always play as the same guy or do you also play as a russian or german?
    Play as the same guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    November 2010
    8,652 Posts
    Why won't anyone take cover in the second video in the OP? They just crouch out in the open. Other than that it looks fun enough. Loved the first game.

25. Post #25
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Seems pointless to play the germans, not like they won or anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2007
    17,086 Posts
    seems pointless to play the russians, youre gonna win anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts
    Supposedly you wear a German uniform in the very beginning of the game.

28. Post #28
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    yeah but it would be neat to see a different perspective from a different character like in call of duty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2008
    3,763 Posts
    They also need to smooth out the bullethole effects before release, the exit wounds are especially terrible in the demo.
    It might be a early build of them game. Who knows.. Maybe it's better when it's fully released.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,957 Posts
    If anything that'd be more interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,226 Posts
    I thought you weren't playing as either, you're trying to stop documents and scientists from falling into Russian hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,301 Posts
    Yeah you're an American trying to stop the German V2 project as well as stopping the Russian from getting the tech, you'll be fighting both sides
    and if it is anything like the first game, I'm assuming at certain points in the game you could be disguised as either side.

Edited:

It might be a early build of them game. Who knows.. Maybe it's better when it's fully released.
    Well the Copyright notice in the demo says "2011", and it mentions not being 'Representative of the final product'.

So either this demo build is a few months old, or they didn't update the copyright text.

Edited:

Man, I saw the killcams and that alone made me want the game.

Damned lack of PC demo!
    PC demo will be out 'soon'

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,405 Posts
    I just did the best thing ever, double nutshot. Hit the front guy in the nuts from about 70 meters and hit the guy about a foot behind him in the balls too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,641 Posts
    I just played the demo for three hours on Xbox, I've never had so much mindless fun.

I just stuck with the Sniper Elite difficulty for the most rewarding shots, I ended up hitting a guy in the head, the bullet went through and tumbled into a guy's grenade, blowing them both up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

35. Post #35
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,232 Posts
    Played the demo for like the 6th time. I love shooting the German who is asleep on the chair, I shot him through his mouth whilst he was yawning, he died with a face of >:O.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

36. Post #36
    October 2009
    296 Posts
    Aw no XP support, guess I'll have to save up for 7 and an external hdd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,021 Posts
    What I didnt like about sniper elite 1 is the fact that you were wearing a german uniform, and the germans would shoot you anyway.

It should've been something like they dont shoot you, but when you fire a shot, they will. Or enter an area without having a card or some shit will get you shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,793 Posts
    Aiming with analogue sticks on consoles must be a pain in the ass, but I'll look forward to the chance of getting this for PS3 if I don't have the monies to get a new PC soon.
    Funny, I'm actually a fairly good sniper in console games, but on PC I'm absolute shit. I guess it has to do with making it easier to lead the target and not accidentally twitching(the mouse) when I shoot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,047 Posts
    What I didnt like about sniper elite 1 is the fact that you were wearing a german uniform, and the germans would shoot you anyway.

It should've been something like they dont shoot you, but when you fire a shot, they will. Or enter an area without having a card or some shit will get you shot.
    What made that even more dumb is that, iirc, they explicitly point out that you're disguised and that you don't have to worry about the Germans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,770 Posts
    my balls hurt now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)