1. Post #1
    Gold Member

July 2007
    166 Posts
    Alright facepunch I need your help. Recently the computer I built has been bluescreening with the error 0x000000F4 (Theres a few more error codes after this in parenthesis I haven't written them down because they're very long but i'll write them down the next time I see them and update the post). I really need your guy's help in resolving this.

Details:

Appears to only bluescreen when I am away from the computer for an hour or so.

Error code 0x000000F4

Event Viewer Log

Speccy - Details of a certain piece available upon request

Power Supply

Bluescreen Picture

Solutions tried:

I've tried resetting the CMOS, then booting with no harddrives and video cards connected, then rebooting with everything in and am still currently running with the default BIOS settings.

If you guys need more details just ask I really would like to get this fixed soon.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    Did the bluescreen not reference a file or type of error like IRQ_LESS_THAN

3. Post #3
    Gold Member

July 2007
    166 Posts
    Did the bluescreen not reference a file or type of error like IRQ_LESS_THAN
    I didn't notice I'll update the post with more information the next time I bluescreen.

Also i've been using my computer for 6 hours straight without a bluescreen, this definitely has something to do with me leaving the computer for an extended amount of time.

4. Post #4
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    5,246 Posts
    update SSD firmware,

I have the same exact problem as you, and I have an OCZ SSD aswell.

this probably happens, if you have installed your OS on the SSD.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,727 Posts
    Maybe it has something to do with the PC wanting to go standby.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member

July 2007
    166 Posts
    update SSD firmware,

I have the same exact problem as you, and I have an OCZ SSD aswell.

this probably happens, if you have installed your OS on the SSD.
    Damn I was afraid of that am I going to lose everything on it when I update the firmware?

Also just incase I updated the OP with a picture of the bluescreen hopefully theres another solution to this.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,542 Posts
    Flashing firmware on a HDD doesnt do annything on the data on it, so my first guess is that you wont lose your data. They will probably tell you whats what on the formware download site.

You have a 1TB hdd though, just back it up?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member

July 2007
    166 Posts
    Flashing firmware on a HDD doesnt do annything on the data on it, so my first guess is that you wont lose your data. They will probably tell you whats what on the formware download site.

You have a 1TB hdd though, just back it up?
    All of my important files are backed up in dropbox, i'm more worried about having to reinstall everything than just a simple loss of data but i'm making a bootable usb stick to try and install the firmware update. Thanks for the help everyone hopefully this resolves the issue.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,599 Posts
    A complete reinstall if the only fix, I get blue screens all the time.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,542 Posts
    A complete reinstall if the only fix, I get blue screens all the time.
    A bluescreen.

You know that could be caused by a million different problems right?

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,727 Posts
    A bluescreen.

You know that could be caused by a million different problems right?
    Usually hardware or driver problems.
    In most cases i've seen it's either corrupted RAM or fiddling with the IDE/AHCI bios setting.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member

July 2007
    166 Posts
    Just letting everyone in this thread know that I updated the firmware on my SSD and the computer hasn't bluescreened for a while so I believe the problem is solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)