1. Post #1
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    What is it?
    Ragdoll Mover is a tool that allows you to move ragdolls in a similar way to 3D programs. This also includes IK chains.

Why should I use it?
    If you are fine with physgun, then maybe you don't need to use this. But here's a few key features of why you might want to use this in certain situations:
    -You can move ragdolls without limitations from the ragdoll physics; you can twist the ragdoll's head upside down without problems.
    -When you rotate a bone, it's child bones will rotate with it. So you can rotate the ragdoll's arm like you've welded the lower arm and hand to the upper arm. (Except, as mentioned, without physical limitations.)
    -By moving the ragdoll's root bone (usually the pelvis), you can move the entire ragdoll like it's a statue!
    -Contrary to bones moving relatively to their parent bones, there's IK chains. IK chains are used to keep certain bones in an exact position while moving, for example, the rest of the body. This is most commonly used with legs and arms.

I'm still confused..
    Then this video might explain more than a hundred words.

OMG THIS TOTALLY KILLS THE PHYSGUN
    I highly doubt so. And its not meant for that. I use this tool myself, and at some situations, the good old physgun is the best option. But this tool is most useful in situations where using the physgun ends up to be just messing around.

Where do I download?
    Here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=104575630 (You need to be logged into steam)

If you don't know how Workshop works, click subscribe, launch gmod, and it will download the tool.

Are you going to keep updating this?
    I will keep fixing bugs, and I am currently working on refactoring the whole thing (aka version 2.0), but I have no idea when it'll be ready.

If any bugs show up, report them here.
    That is all. Have fun posing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner x 38Lua King x 17Friendly x 2Agree x 2Useful x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2011
    356 Posts
    Nice!

Whar did you fixed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2011
    118 Posts
    Look awesome!
    Will download and try it out when I get the time for it!

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,634 Posts
    I can see this being a godsend for anyone who does gmod stopmotion.
    I love that you support custom IK chains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    you should fix the issue with the console getting spammed with unknown command rgm_iskeydown when playing multiplayer.

6. Post #6
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    you should fix the issue with the console getting spammed with unknown command rgm_iskeydown when playing multiplayer.
    Should already be fixed in v1.1

7. Post #7
    May 2010
    93 Posts
    -snip-
    found it

8. Post #8
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    when I move some of the models I have (for instance the halo reach rag doll) when I try to move a specific appendage the whole model just vanishes.

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    1,017 Posts
    Probably the most useful tool available. Alot of times i would find myself occasionally working an hour on a single pose idea, this made things easier within just 10-15 fifteen minutes. Often times I wondered in the past if a system, even a tool like this was possible, to make posing as simple as rotating bones in a modeling program.

I'd Recommend this tool to anyone who enjoys to make accurate, realistic poses. You have my Winner Rating.

10. Post #10
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    when I move some of the models I have (for instance the halo reach rag doll) when I try to move a specific appendage the whole model just vanishes.
    Yeah, Ive heard of this problem before. I still have no idea on how to fix this :(
    But I'll look into it.

11. Post #11
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    I'm gonna do updates from time to time to the Gmod 13 version of the tool. When I've got enough new features and less bugs and lag then I might make a full v2.0 release. Or v1.1, it depends.

12. Post #12
    April 2009
    659 Posts
    This is great; useful for posing ragdolls that have spastic bones that flail out of control. Nice work!

13. Post #13
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,253 Posts
    Love

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    346 Posts
    This tool works really good with the HAT animation mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

July 2012
    1 Posts
    great tool I got it. thanks

16. Post #16
    October 2010
    186 Posts
    I wished you could have released this tool 2 years ago. very useful, thanks.

17. Post #17

July 2012
    9 Posts

18. Post #18
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    I don't know. I'll look into it.
    Are you using the latest gmod version?

19. Post #19

July 2012
    9 Posts
    I don't know. I'll look into it.
    Are you using the latest gmod version?
    I use Gmod 11!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

September 2012
    1 Posts
    I noticed your stand pose tool isn't working anymore in Gmod 13. Do you plan to update it soon, or should I go back to 12 for now?

21. Post #21
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    I noticed your stand pose tool isn't working anymore in Gmod 13. Do you plan to update it soon, or should I go back to 12 for now?
    I'll update it soon. Also going to update ragdoll mover but apparently gmod 13 crashes when you use it, so thats a more annoying problem to fix than lua errors..

22. Post #22

September 2008
    126 Posts
    I'll update it soon. Also going to update ragdoll mover but apparently gmod 13 crashes when you use it, so thats a more annoying problem to fix than lua errors..
    I hope you get it working again on Gmod 13 Beta. I enjoyed using your Ragdoll Mover when the Physics Gun isn't as accurate.

23. Post #23
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    Shits fixed now with gmod 13 version. Thanks for your patience!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,498 Posts
    Awesome. I basically live off of this tool now, so much more precise and predictable than the physgun.

25. Post #25

September 2008
    126 Posts
    Shits fixed now with gmod 13 version. Thanks for your patience!
    Nice, but since I'm a noob to Gmod 13, do addons update automatically, or do I have to do that manually?

26. Post #26
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    Nice, but since I'm a noob to Gmod 13, do addons update automatically, or do I have to do that manually?
    They should be downloaded automaticly

27. Post #27

September 2008
    126 Posts
    They should be downloaded automaticly
    Well I tried retesting them lately and I get alot of these errors. Even reinstalling Gmod13 and the 3 tools still show those error messages(Plus I can't get Ragdoll Mover and Video Assistant to work)

Edit: Nevermind. Had an older version of the Ragdoll mover in the Gmod13 Beta folder*Hits head against wall*

28. Post #28
    May 2012
    52 Posts
    The GM13 Link is not working..

29. Post #29
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    The GM13 Link is not working..
    Updated the link now, but you need to be logged into steam to view it.

30. Post #30
    January 2012
    119 Posts
    thank you for this tool sir but I have one problem it says to use the middle button to swap between slider and the rotation option which I can not do because I do not have a middle button on my laptop
    is a simple script alteration I can do or do I have to wait for a two button laptop friendly version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2012
    111 Posts
    thank you for this tool sir but I have one problem it says to use the middle button to swap between slider and the rotation option which I can not do because I do not have a middle button on my laptop
    is a simple script alteration I can do or do I have to wait for a two button laptop friendly version?
    I'll update the tool so you can define the rotator button yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    February 2010
    16 Posts
    [Ragdoll Mover] lua/entities/rgm_axis/shared.lua:25: attempt to call method 'TestCollision' (a nil value)
    1. TestCollision - lua/entities/rgm_axis/shared.lua:25
    2. DrawLines - lua/entities/rgm_axis/cl_init.lua:12
    3. DrawHUD - lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/ragdollmover.lua:312
    4. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/cl_init.lua:58

I get spammed by this error and cannot see the discs. or the rotator or whatever.

33. Post #33
    October 2012
    1 Posts
    As of the most recent GMod update, the IK Chain modifier is glitched &:
    1: won't change from a single option.
    2: causes the Ragdoll Mover itself to cause errors on the used ragdoll after setting the IK Chain on it.
    May you please get this fixed?

34. Post #34
    June 2012
    4 Posts
    This used to work, but now.. not so much.

When I use the ragdoll mover and select a limb I can move it but it won't let me release it and at the same time I get console errors.

35. Post #35
    September 2010
    54 Posts
    for people having conflicts, it may be just me, but removing certain sweps caused errors to stop.

36. Post #36
    September 2012
    131 Posts
    When first selecting the RagMover-IK Chains I get this error.

Code:
    [Ragdoll Mover] lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/ragmover_ikchains.lua:89: attempt to call method 'SetValue' (a nil value)
      1. func - lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/ragmover_ikchains.lua:89
       2. FillViaFunction - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/controlpanel.lua:107
        3. FillViaTable - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/controlpanel.lua:92
         4. DoClick - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/toolpanel.lua:77
          5. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:19

edit:
    Totally forgot to mention, awesome tool!

37. Post #37
    Can someone give me a dayz copy?
    April 2011
    1,371 Posts
    No, i know how fix it...Isn't another addon

38. Post #38
    July 2007
    16 Posts
    Nice, just alittle request, can you make the skeleton visible when moving a ragdoll?

Also it would be posbile to add prop moving, the physgun is inextact

39. Post #39

December 2009
    6 Posts
    Update 152 seems to have boned this addon. The UI circles do not show up, and an error message occurs at the top left of the screen stating that Ragdoll Mover is creating script errors.

40. Post #40

September 2008
    126 Posts
    Odd. I tested it out myself and it seems to work fine.