1. Post #1
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Saw this while browsing steam store, thought that it was so hilariously bad that it deserved a thread.

So what is revelations 2012 ? It's literally a reskin of left 4 dead 2 where instead of fighting zombies in various different environments, you blast demons with some shitty particle gun and you fight in mayan themed environments.

It literally copies everything from left 4 dead 2, it's menu, it's play style, most of the mechanics, crescendo events. It's not even a good copy, really let the screenshots do all the talking.

Also know what's the worst thing ? It's available on steam AND IT COSTS 20 DOLLARS.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/201070
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny x 228Winner x 2Informative x 2Dumb x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,285 Posts
    that is the worst looking game i have ever seen

seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 80Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,842 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Pros:
    Looks a lot like Left For Dead
    Environment modeled after factual locations
    New Concept of Weapon System
    Not too steep of a learning curve
    Various Versus Modes
    Unique Versus Gameplay
    Takes best parts of familiar games (Left for dead, starcraft, call of duty and etc.)
    Room for expansion (DLC’s)
    Team-heavy gameplay
    Challenging

Cons
    Looks a lot like Left For Dead
    It’s not out yet
    Very heavily reliant on Mayan culture; which may deter some from playing, seeing as every media outlet is trying to play off of the Mayan Doomsday
    Parts of the game like unique artwork or points of interest that relate to Mayan culture may go over many uninformed gamers head unless prompted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 77Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    How the hell did Valve approve this for sale?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 152Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,992 Posts
    There are games that are so bad, I want nothing to do with them, but then there are others that are so bad, I just have to experience the awfulness. Not sure which this falls under, quite yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    here's the development team

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny x 194Friendly x 3Informative x 2Winner x 2Dumb x 1Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    it's built in source, which leads me to believe these guys created a l4d mod and decided "hey, maybe we can sucker some idiots into buying this"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 85 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,148 Posts
    i fully expect this game to go on to win many GOTY awards for such innovative gameplay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,502 Posts
    How the hell did Valve approve this for sale?
    Probably let it through for a laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 101Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,452 Posts
    No copyright issues?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,971 Posts
    8 people to reskin L4D with less enemy types and 1 weapon.....

now THAT'S a shitty development team....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 55Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Been reading the forums on interlopers and apparently one of the mappers for it was TopHATTWaffle

He made this
    he is a pretty good mapper.

The fuck was he doing on a project like this

explains why he has like 50 hours of playtime of it on his steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 77Friendly Friendly x 9Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    how the hell did Valve approve this

Probably let it through for a laugh.
    oh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,784 Posts
    I can't quote on Facepunch for Android but yeah this was built over the L4D codebase, which makes this looks even shitter considering they didn't even bother to modify it much

16. Post #16
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,915 Posts
    Bad idea to sell this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    the dancing cunts in the menu look like something from a cgi cutscene from 96
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 66Funny Funny x 20 (list)

18. Post #18
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,844 Posts
    There is a bug that causes the game to invite everyone you know to play hahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 134Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,784 Posts
    'Feature', not a bug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 23Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    The development team website is hilarious, I love how they just ask for 3+ years in the industry experience while more than half of the team are completely new to game development.

Also this guy is probably the best one in the team:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 67Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    This game doesn't look like it was made by more than one guy, let alone 13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events Agree Agree x 26Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    January 2012
    279 Posts
    I'm amazed such a terrible game was released. I feel bad for anyone who worked on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,306 Posts
    HAAHAHHAA OH WOW.They're even using the random image straight out of l4d.
    It's like they aren't even trying to hide it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    One man… One vision… One future game of the year… That’s the dream of Dark Artz Entertainment’s founder and Chief Executive Officer, Jason Weeks.
    I love this blurb on their about page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events Funny Funny x 36Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    That thing looks scary as fuck to be honest.
    And thats not good actually.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,144 Posts
    Why the fuck use shitty stock models for the player HUD heads?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,292 Posts
    -snip-, didn't notice video was in OP.
    I actually want to try it out now, just to see how bad it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    i would probably buy it just so i can port that crystal skull model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2010
    9,762 Posts

Edited:

oh fuck that's a bit big
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 75Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    MURDERFACE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    Those character models look like some really shitty free poser models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 31Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2010
    9,762 Posts
    some of the pictures on their "about" page are just horrifying
    http://www.darkartzentertainment.com/about/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

33. Post #33
    March 2012
    1,089 Posts
    here's the development team

the second guy from the left, i couldn't help myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts

She has testicles. growing out of her chin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 30Dumb Dumb x 16Informative Informative x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    October 2008
    3,999 Posts
    What the fuck they're like all family

7 out of 13 of the development team have a surname of Weeks.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 60Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    You can cut yourself on this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts

She has testicles. growing out of her chin.
    pretty bad chin, but not as bad as the woman's chin who tried to get into valve by making some shitty song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 63Funny Funny x 16Informative Informative x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    December 2010
    2,617 Posts
    I feel bad for them, everyone should just let them fade into obscurity rather than tearing them apart. But I do agree,this looks terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,997 Posts
    Watching the gameplay makes my head hurt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    I feel bad for them, everyone should just let them fade into obscurity rather than tearing them apart. But I do agree,this looks terrible.
    Depends on what's worse. Any company needs feedback in order to evolve. Just ignoring this crappy game won't help them, either.

But I'm pretty sure that this game just caused their entire demise, unless they can pull a ricochet and start making stellar games.

It's incredibly important for Independent developers to give the best image possible when they release their first game. This thing looks worst than some mods out there. I can't even say if they actually tested the game beforehand. Have you seen how ugly this game is? It looks like a playstation game, and we're in 2012. Most of their "First innovative game" is a rip-off (And pretty much obvious) of Left 4 dead. It's not like "Huh huh killing floor is a rip-off of L4D because you have multiple player and you survive together". It's directly ripped off, from game mechanics to ai director to main menu and gameplay. This thing looks like a cheap "First-try" source mod from a one guy team, rather than the work of 13 people with different jobs each.

I wouldn't be surprised if only 4 of those 13 guys have actually worked on this thing. The rest is just to make the company look bigger/Voice actors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)