1. Post #1
    September 2011
    5,262 Posts
    http://www.playstation.com/pss/

Complaining about the Vita having no games, like you did with the PlayStation 3? Become a part of that market. This suite comes with an IDE, an emulator, and documentation on the libraries. This suite utilizes C#, out of all languages, with Mono.

Some tutorials are on Games From Scratch, if you need some. Heck, you can also distribute for PlayStation-certified Android devices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts

They actually have a 3D RPG as a demo. Oh wow.

Also this is automatically awesome because it uses C#.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    September 2011
    5,262 Posts
    Impressive indeed. It's just...

Shouldn't it be vice versa, where X cancels and O accepts a menu choice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4

December 2011
    72 Posts
    I am loving the SDK, other than encountering a fair bit of "Engrish" in the SDK, or simply straight out Japanese in the tooltips, its been fairly easy to come to terms with.

One weak area though is the simulator. It loads extremely fast and performs well enough ( blows the Android emulator out of the water in both regards ), but it is very limited. No analog control emulation, no multitouch and even more puzzling, no support for onscreen keyboards.

I ended up picking up a Vita specifically because of these limitations.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member

March 2005
    3,028 Posts
    Shouldn't it be vice versa, where X cancels and O accepts a menu choice?
    Only in Final Fantasy VII.

6. Post #6

April 2010
    2,422 Posts
    or in the Metal Gear Solid series (up until 4).

7. Post #7
    September 2011
    5,262 Posts
    or in the Metal Gear Solid series (up until 4).
    Using X as accept is perhaps one of the most backward control scheme symbols I ever heard of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,339 Posts
    Using X as accept is perhaps one of the most backward control scheme symbols I ever heard of.
    It's the average control scheme for every game on the face of the earth give or take a good portion of Japanese developers. But the scheme is usually adjusted for outside of Japan when launched anywhere else anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    Which I always redefine immediately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2010
    5,384 Posts
    They need to make a linux version of the sdk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    7,200 Posts
    I couldn't ever get the emulator to work. I was pretty happy when I was invited, but oh well.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,339 Posts
    Even though I don't have a Vita, I might look into this. Seems quite interesting to be honest.

13. Post #13
    September 2011
    5,262 Posts
    They need to make a linux version of the sdk
    Wikipedia posted:
    The framework will be cross-platform and cross-device, which Sony refers to as "hardware-neutral". (It is based on the Mono platform.)[1] The Open Beta was released on April 19, 2012[2]. It is expected to be released along side the upcoming Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the 2011 Xperia portfolio[1][3]
    Kinda sounds a bit positive on that. For certain Android tablets, shame the Nook Tablet isn't a possible choice.

14. Post #14
    January 2009
    340 Posts
    Thanks to this thread I decided to see if I could find a PSP sdk, unofficial or not, I did! My psp just became 10x more fun.

15. Post #15
    Definitely gonna learn to work with this. I am getting a Vita in a few months, and I start development for the PSP next year at school.

16. Post #16
    April 2011
    633 Posts
    Great! 1 step closer to supporting mods/homebrew. But what about a native SDK? C[++] sounds nice...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)