1. Post #1
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts

[h2]Highlights[/h2]

This thing I made is actually a pretty cool platform to learn ASM with. For example, here you can see the stack pointer in action:

So if you want to access a value that is not on top of the stack, you just move the pointer to it and pop:

I know it's ~baby's first assembly~, but I like experimenting with this a lot more than playing with NASM.

I finally understand shadow mapping.

I can't believe it took me so long, though. Next up: filtering.

Speaking of path tracing, I did a small path tracer a while ago:

Here are a few different slider settings:

Tried to make a script that unblocks imgur. Didn't go well.

It's nothing special, but hey

The "A" is the controllable player

but but fortblox does have multiplayer CTF

I finally took some time to sit down and start writing my MathParser class and it can now turn all basic expressions without fractions to correct LaTeX.

You can see an example of a LaTeX render of the 5th equation here. The next thing I'll be working on is support for fractions and then it's time to optimize the code for a production environment (my Android app).

Working on a multiplayer "voxel" engine jokingly named "MattCraft" until I come up with a legitimate name. Its kinda like Minecraft in C++ with DirectX 9. It has per-vertex averaged ("smooth") lighting and vertex shader based daylight, for instant daylight color/amount changes. Still gotta figure out gameplay elements though, its just sandbox for now.

I am just using a Minecraft texture pack as a placeholder until I get around to making my own texture.

Chromium, meet Pi.

Not me, but I found this on a toilet stall wall today at uni.

I know it's a little offtopic but I felt like sharing it with you guys, since you're most likely to appreciate it. Brightened my day :)

So I got bored at lunch today, ended up writing a raymarcher in VB6:

All done in software, drawn into a regular crappy picturebox. I got the whole thing done during the lunch hour, minus the vector class I stole from the 3D thing.

I've added soft shadows to that distance field shader:

I'm still amazed that modern hardware can do stuff like this in real time :)
    I think I need to start fleshing out the actual application now.

I got sidetracked and ended up coding a module for IIS7 that lets you code websites in c++

Is there anything for windows that lets you fire tons of requests at a website so I can compare performance to a PHP website? Preferably something simple that I don't have to compile myself :x

c compiler for notch's DCPU-16:

I just wrote the compiler, not the assembler or emulator

Been working on data visualization of networks with Processing in school. Nodes represent compounds that form amino acids, connections represent their co-involvement in the production of certain proteins. Node radius is proportional to the number of connections in the network. Colors are different types of proteins

Here's the more artistic version, sorry for the page stretcher

Functionality!

Edited:

Thanks to the test subjects at FP programmers
    [h2]Previous Threads[/h2]

Version 25 (Apr 2012)
    Version 24 (Feb 2012)
    Version 23 (Jan 2012)
    Version 22 (Dec 2011)
    Version 21 (Nov 2011)
    Version 20
    Version 19
    Version 18
    Version 17
    Version 16
    Version 15
    Version 14
    Version 13
    Version 12
    Version 11
    Version 10
    Version 9
    Version 8
    Version 7
    Version 6
    Version 5
    Version 4
    Version 3
    Version 2
    Version 1

So Facepunch, What Are You Working On?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Programming King Programming King x 8Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    RO
    January 2012
    90 Posts
    you spelt you wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    ASK ME ABOUT MY PLAYBOOK INSTEAD OF COLLEGE
    April 2011
    1,616 Posts
    Making gears better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    October 2009
    1,937 Posts
    I've been itching to post about this.

Code:
    signals.c:205:17: error: ‘test_VOID__INT_BOOLEAN_CHAR_UCHAR_UINT_LONG_ULONG_ENUM_FLAGS_FLOAT_DOUBLE_STRING_PARAM_BOXED_POINTER_OBJECT_VARIANT_INT64_UINT64’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    I'm writing a poem about it right now.
    That was glib by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

5. Post #5

April 2012
    87 Posts
    hi

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 62Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,841 Posts
    Homework, as usual.

This time it's the semester project. Take a gander at how easy this is.

OVERVIEW
    This project will simulate a shopping excursion at a local supermarket. You must create a customer who will then proceed to go shopping for 5 to 10 items. The program will prompt the user to enter the number of items to buy. Once the program has determined how many items the customer will buy, the shopping spree will take place. Your program should choose the items randomly from the master list given as input. After the items have been picked, the checkout process will begin, and finally a receipt printed. Your program should then ask if the user wants to go shopping again or not. If yes, recycle the program. If no, quit the program. You should go to one of the local supermarkets and get a receipt. The program receipt should simulate the one you obtain from the supermarket.

INPUT
    A file of inventory in the following format: code | description | price. The code will be a 4 digit unsigned, the description will be a string (spaces and special characters are allowed), and the price will be a float with 2 digits after the decimal. The file is available under the Downloads link.

OUTPUT
    A simulated receipt printed on the screen. The receipt should be properly formatted according to the sample you get from your favorite supermarket.

PROGRAM FLOW
    When executed, your program should do the following.

Display a greeting then prompt for a keypress.
    Display a menu (Shop, exit).
    Display a receipt if the user chooses to shop, then prompt for a keypress.
    Recycle the menu.
    PROGRAM DETAILS
    The customer will purchase between 5 and 10 items.
    Prices for items listed on a poundage basis are per pound. For example, the price of apples is $1.09/pound.
    When selecting an item that is priced by the pound, you must generate a purchase of 1 to 3 pounds (your random generator).
    Multiple purchases of the same item are allowed.
    There is no limit to the stock.
    The customer will have $50 to purchase groceries.
    When a file error is detected, clear the stream, output an appropriate message, and exit gracefully. For example, here are some messages you might consider.
    We will be closed for inventory
    We will be closed for remodeling.
    A correctly formatted receipt is an essential part of your grade, so be sure and save one from a local supermarket to use as a model.
    I've already got the vectors to store all the inventory information, I got them filled with the proper information (and datatype), and I've got all the functions in place to draw the receipt. This was after an hour of tapping away at the keyboard.

I fucking love easy homework.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    EGN Founder
    May 2010
    505 Posts

PS: You can adjust the transparency, color, etc. It offers a full theming option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Dumb x 15Programming King x 5Artistic x 2Late x 1Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Looks badass. So badass that it just doesn't fit in a programming app. Make something else with this theme
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,619 Posts
    Working on a Node.Js server for websockets demo.
    Hopefully will have a demo to show In less then 48 Hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #10
    β–“β–“β–“ italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts

It fucks up royally at the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Programming King Programming King x 29 (list)

11. Post #11
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,059 Posts

Working on animations right now, having some trouble but it's going to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,073 Posts
    What language is the thread's title written in turb?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    It looks very Pythonish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2009
    7,199 Posts
    No unicode, would not post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    154 Posts

voxels in ogre
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts

A little Flash game I'm working on as a distraction from my work. Missiles fly across the screen, and you (the ball) dodge them, but can pick up power-ups, such as that heart. I'm getting a drawing tablet tomorrow or Thursday, so I can actually make better art for things that will need it, like explosions.

17. Post #17
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Person
    June 2008
    5,600 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb x 14Funny x 9Agree x 6Late x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Kate Adams
    June 2009
    975 Posts
    Looks more like a fat baby to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #20
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,059 Posts

Ahhh, finally I got animations working!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 5Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    What an awful video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 10Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    What language is the thread's title written in turb?
    ruby!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    i thought it was fortran, thanks for clearing that up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    Looks like Main-Menu Background Material.

Also, hey guys! I'm new to programming, and I'm finally going to open up this big book of programming I own that I never got around to due to procrastination. If I don't end up giving up, I hope be coming to this section alot more often!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Grimpunch Games
    May 2005
    524 Posts
    Looks like Main-Menu Background Material.

Also, hey guys! I'm new to programming, and I'm finally going to open up this big book of programming I own that I never got around to due to procrastination. If I don't end up giving up, I hope be coming to this section alot more often!
    Good going! That's the first step for many, Step 2 is getting something running and waving it around excitedly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    1,616 Posts
    Made gears a lot more friendly:

In older versions they weren't built evenly enough to actually work right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,485 Posts
    Made gears a lot more friendly:

In older versions they weren't built evenly enough to actually work right
    I'm not sure if you've already posted about this, but do you have plans for a PC version with a better UI [for PCs]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,460 Posts
    They seem to slow down and speed up, however that might just be the gif.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    What's the song for the avatar video?

30. Post #30
    April 2011
    1,616 Posts
    I'm not sure if you've already posted about this, but do you have plans for a PC version with a better UI [for PCs]
    Yes, but it depends on how well the mobile (iOS/Android/PlayBook) version does. If it completely flops, then there won't be much motivation for a PC version, especially with things like OECake, Algodoo, and Physion out there. If it does do well, however, a PC (& Mac & Linux) version would be a definite, with the main advantage being that you can interchange your mobile creations with your PC creations.

31. Post #31

April 2012
    87 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    April 2011
    1,616 Posts
    They seem to slow down and speed up, however that might just be the gif.
    It's the gears, if you look closely at the big one, I accidentally left a bit of a gap between the big one's teeth and the one next to it.

Edited:

Pause it around 0:17 to see the gap

33. Post #33
    March 2010
    4,059 Posts

Oh god, what have I done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

34. Post #34
    August 2011
    442 Posts

Remaking an old game salmonmarine and I did a year or so ago.

Still a lot of work to do...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,965 Posts
    I don't think I'm in the avatar video :C

Nevermind I'm in there for about a frame

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    I don't think I'm in the avatar video :C

Nevermind I'm in there for about a frame

aw yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,460 Posts
    I peed a little when I confirmed I was in the vid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,485 Posts
    I had no strong feelings one way or the other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,965 Posts
    I added double-tap dashing to my platformer

Wow, I have... 4 projects going at once

A platformer
    An assemblyish language
    A roguelike
    A modloader for Mari0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2012
    18 Posts

So that took a while to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Programming King Programming King x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)