1. Post #1
    August 2009
    8,139 Posts
    Welcome to the MN Chat Thread. I've been noticing an absolutely stunning amount of people from MN on this forum (or I'm going insane that works too). So I decided that our little state of dreams needs a chat thread. From eating at remarkably shitty bars in Minneapolis, to being remarkably friendly to people, this is your state. Let's cover the big three cities

Minneapolis

Minnesota's bread to St. Paul's butter! Containing all of our fun stuff. TCF Bank Stadium where our terrible Gopher college team plays, the Target Center, where our terrible Timberwolves play, and the Metrodome where the terrible Vikings play. It's all good and nice in Minneapolis. We are also 22.4% obese, fun fact!
    St. Paul

Where our terrible hockey team plays at the Xcel energy center. Also where our State Capital is, unlike our sports teams, these guys are usually OK! I must say the Mickey's bar is a great place to eat if you ever get into North St. Paul. If you ever get a chance to see the Capitol, you should It is stunningly beautiful.
    Duluth

Where the suprisingly unbad University of Minnesota Duluth bulldogs play. Cute little city in my eyes. Not much to talk about, Grandma's bar and grill is orgasmic. BLT pizzas...mmm...

You may notice this OP is quite barren, but that is because the discussion lies in the users of this forum. Ask us Minnesotans questions! Before I leave this up to you guys, here are some pictures of this beautiful state.

Bald Eagles!

Minneapolis!

More Minneapolis!
    Camp Ripley!

Forests!

Duluth!
    Minnesota Facepunchers, come gather!

2. Post #2
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    From Eagan,

We are "The city of parks"
    and man do we have a lot of them.
    -

We are the land of terrible sports:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    New Brighton'er calling in. I love Minnesota, gets a but too cold for me during the winter but thats what happens when you spend 3 years in Florida.

4. Post #4
    Head over heels in love with Pudding~
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Why do people always posts loads of images in every chat thread about some kind of place in the U.S.?

It's just something I've noticed.

Edited:

On another note I'm from Maple Syrup Land.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    From Eagan,

We are "The city of parks"
    and man do we have a lot of them.
    -

We are the land of terrible sports:
    The vikings were pretty good the first year Farve played, then the saints had to be a bunch of dirty fucks and ruin everything :(

6. Post #6

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    New Brighton'er calling in. I love Minnesota, gets a but too cold for me during the winter but thats what happens when you spend 3 years in Florida.
    No, its just really cold.

7. Post #7
    August 2009
    8,139 Posts
    I get tutored in New Brighton

And because America is actually really pretty. No offense tiny countries in Europe Canada needs more pictures.

8. Post #8

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    Why do people always posts loads of images in every chat thread about some kind of place in the U.S.?

It's just something I've noticed.

Edited:

On another note I'm from Maple Syrup Land.
    Its OK, we like Canada. Their like our Brother.

9. Post #9
    August 2009
    8,139 Posts
    We should annex Canada to form Större Minnesota

10. Post #10

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    What makes Minnesota, Minnesota?

BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area)
    Duluth
    Appleton
    Fargo *
    Art Park
    Little Apple
    and the ' Accent '

also:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2009
    8,139 Posts
    Don't forget Stillwater and our shitty lift bridge that we had to cram up the Sierra Club/Congress' ass in order to get a new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    Out of all the highways in Minnesota, only two are well known.

35W (bridge collapse)

and I494 The parking lot

And lets not forget about our only-in Minnesota seasons: Road Construction, and Winter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    Out of all the highways in Minnesota, only two are well known.

35W (bridge collapse)

and I494 The parking lot

And lets not forget about our only-in Minnesota seasons: Road Construction, and Winter.
    I remember when the bridge collapsed, I had gone over it not even a half hour earlier to go to school. That was a crazy ass day.

14. Post #14
    September 2005
    12,098 Posts
    I used to live in Warroad.

Now I'm moving to Fargo, so I'll cross over into Moorhead on occasion.

15. Post #15
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    4,573 Posts
    Eden Prairie here. Best damn mid-to-small sized city in the whole country.

Based on economics.

That's kinda all we've got going for us, other than the high school's pretty good.

16. Post #16

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    I remember when the bridge collapsed, I had gone over it not even a half hour earlier to go to school. That was a crazy ass day.
    I was at home.. playing 18 Wheels of Steel. My mom had gotten called into work (ER Nurse) and man, where they busy.

Edited:

The Great Minnesota Get Together
    This is quite possibly the only reason that most-people come to Minnesota from out of town (other then MOA)

Want something to eat? We got it on a stick!

17. Post #17
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    4,573 Posts
    The Great Minnesota Get Together
    This is quite possibly the only reason that most-people come to Minnesota from out of town (other then MOA)

Want something to eat? We got it on a stick!
    MN FPer Get Together get together? Does this sound like a great idea to anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2012
    55 Posts
    Ive been to Rochester and Minneapolis. thinking about going there again sometime.

19. Post #19
    December 2011
    527 Posts
    Also Eden Prairie. It's so boring it's painful.

List of some MN music:
    In Defence

American Head Charge

New Medicine

Reflections

After the Burial

Bob Dylan

Code 13

Dillinger 4

Condominium

The Replacements

There's a lot more I'm probably missing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #20

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    Ive been to Rochester and Minneapolis. thinking about going there again sometime.
    Downtown Rochester is pretty cool - Mostly because of the Mayo Clinic but, the outskirts of the city are... rough.

21. Post #21
    February 2012
    886 Posts
    I'm from Fridley. I absolutely love Minneapolis. Seriously, just LOOK at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    I'm from Fridley. I absolutely love Minneapolis. Seriously, just LOOK at it.
    Where in Fridley? I used to go to Totino-Grace, and my best buddy lives by the AMF bowling ally.

23. Post #23
    February 2012
    886 Posts
    I live right behind Hayes Elementary, if you know where that is. It's just a couple blocks from University and Mississippi.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,575 Posts
    I live in Apple Valley right now, might move to rosemount when i have money since i work over there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    I live right behind Hayes Elementary, if you know where that is. It's just a couple blocks from University and Mississippi.
    Haha, yeah I know where that is. Me and a few friends took some of those folding tables from the church near by and made a road block across all of mississippi back in high school.

My buddy lives off of baker just down the road.

26. Post #26

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    I live in Apple Valley right now, might move to rosemount when i have money since i work over there
    Ohh shit, where at?

Please dont say Celts   

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,575 Posts
    Burger King

28. Post #28

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    Oh, hahaha. I might have to come harass you when I get out of school.

29. Post #29
    October 2007
    1,999 Posts
    I'm from Farmington, MN (basically attached to Lakeville and Apple Valley, south of the Twin Cities), and I'm going to school at U of MN Duluth.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,575 Posts
    Oh, hahaha. I might have to come harass you when I get out of school.
    Probably not the best idea, haha. The managers are decent but they bitch when you just sit and talk to customers

31. Post #31
    July 2009
    2,096 Posts
    Holy fucking shitballs, out of all states to have a chat thread, it's the one that I live in!

Edited:

Also Eden Prairie. It's so boring it's painful.

List of some MN music:

(List)

There's a lot more I'm probably missing.
    Don't ignore our underground hip-hop scene. We have awesome rappers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2009
    1,483 Posts
    I really need to visit Minneapolis someday. For most of my life I've been living in Alexandria and Bemidji. Nothing really impressive around those towns. I was quite amazed when I first went to Duluth. I didn't think Minnesota could have such stunning scenery.

33. Post #33
    August 2009
    8,139 Posts
    Where in Fridley? I used to go to Totino-Grace, and my best buddy lives by the AMF bowling ally.
    Our football team kicked some Totino-Grace ass last year

34. Post #34
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    Our football team kicked some Totino-Grace ass last year
    Yeah, TG went to shit not too long after I left. They won state 3 times out of the years I was there.

35. Post #35

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    How much Road construction do you have around you?

Here in the burbs (Eagan, Burnsville, Bloomington, Apple Valley, Rosemount*) we have so much going on. Hwy 13 is being resurfaced and are getting a bridge built; Cedar is getting widened?; Got a noise wall being put in along 35E; and, a city-wide (almost) upgrade of sewers.

Traffic. Nightmare.

*I'll count it because of its location, not of its size

36. Post #36
    May 2008
    878 Posts
    TG beat our team for state in 2010-11, I believe.
    But yeah, MN. P chill place if you like trees and snow and whatnot.

37. Post #37

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    Come if you like fishing, and hunting.

38. Post #38
    August 2009
    8,139 Posts
    So how many of you guys know of the town of Stillwater
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #39
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,311 Posts
    I'm not a Minnesota person, but I cam here because it said Midwesterners welcome. Indiana reporting in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    September 2009
    1,483 Posts
    So how many of you guys know of the town of Stillwater
    I used to live there with my father. Either that or Saint Cloud.