1. Post #1
    April 2010
    208 Posts

People seem to really enjoy anything about DayZ. Whether they're endlessly playing the zombie survival mod, watching Let's Plays, or devouring any scrap of information on it. In order to aid you in your Chenarian adventure, I am here to help you get your footing in this Slavic nightmare. The mod is like a an hero simulator because in order to get with your friends you have to kill yourself several times. Down below I will you show you a way to get weapons real fast.

Get the DayZ mod! http://www.dayzmod.com - ArmA 2 & Operation Arrowhead required to play. Also go here for the most help www.tiny.cc/dayzhelp.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bashurverse

Reliable Server:

A bit more on how to survive:

- No one you meet is friendly, or at least most of the time. Sometimes you will come across players that will want to do what you want to do, survive. Sometimes bandits do the same thing because they killed some new player that wasn't a bandit but shot at them.

- The makarov is your best friend when you spawn use it wisely, because ammo is rare. Unless you hop servers all the time and search the same buildings, but in order to survive its best to find another pistol or gun. The PDW (Mac 10), Glock 17, and the M1911 are more common now.

- Whenever possible avoid tents in the middle of a field or road, most likely a sniper with night vision is watching and they will shoot you. So steer away from them or look around for the sniper.

- This game is like Metal Gear Solid you have to sneak around zombies, I don't care if you have the best guns the zombies will kill no matter what, crouch walking near infested areas is the best.

- Stay away from the top of hills and open fields unless you must go into the field to get to where your going.

- Whenever possible, avoid traveling on pavement. Asphalt and similar surfaces cause significantly more noise and will quickly draw the attentions of undead friends. When in heavily infested areas, crouch walking will usually allow you to get around most of the Zombies, but beware your fellow man nonetheless.

- When being chased go inside houses because they walk inside of houses rather then run so it allows you to recuperate and also you might find some useful things like food and ammo.

- Travel with friends you actually know you will survive on long journeys unless your a sniper.

- It's best to shoot everyone you see because you never want to take the chance to walk over to some guy and end up being dead, if you do want to then it's probably best just to go to the menu and click the respawn button because your going to have to do that in the next 30 seconds.

- The Winchester 1866 is the best weapon and probably the most common along with Stnd Mags for primary weapons. The Winchester 1866 is incredibly accurate up to 200m with slugs rounds and sometimes up to 150m with pellets.

- Never pick up silenced guns because they are no good because they need special mags, makes sense I know huh because a gun that's silenced used a different type of bullet.

- Before traveling I would rampaged the town you spawn at because there is a hunger, and water counter so stock. I usually carry two canteens with me, so I always have some spare water, just in case. Similarly, learn which inland cities have fountains that can be used for refilling. Ponds are another option currently.

- Night time is best for traveling and due to the Day/Night cycle operating in real time on a local basis, you should always be able to find a server that is day.

- Blood transfusions can only be administered by other players. Bring your own friends, otherwise, you'll need to find wild animals, kill them, use a Hunting Knife to Skin them, a Box of Matches to start a fire, and cook the meat. Each piece will give you 800 blood. (A cow gives 6-8 pieces.)

- Vehicles are repaired piece by piece. Engine Parts will fix the engine, Fuel Parts will fix the Fuel Tank. Depending on the sort of vehicle, you'll need anywhere from 2 to 4 tires, and full Jerry Cans will replenish the fuel proportionately. They'll fill a motorcycle fuel tank much more a Blackhawk chopper, obviously. Look up Goonbus Dayz to see an actual bus working, drivebys are also possible if you have a car or a bus.

On the map down here it will lead you straight to the airfield and will lead you to most dangerous place but the most loot.

New Group!

Here are some moments and gameplay about the mod that make it thrilling and fun.
    Series that we've been trying to start.

Feel free to leave any questions in the comments below! I'll be happy to answer any you may have. Otherwise, please browse your answers, I will try to answer your questions at any time I'm on the fourms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 55Dumb x 6Informative x 3Late x 2Funny x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    We should organize a facepunch gang.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 45Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2010
    197 Posts
    I'm wanting to trade 2 Dota2 beta keys, gothic 4, bastion, and E.Y.E, for the ARMA2 Combined Ops
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/titanhermant/home

(User was banned for this post ("Not a trading forum" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 84Funny x 11Informative x 4Winner x 2Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,460 Posts
    I'd totally be down for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    this can only end well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    We'd need some real organization though.

Perhaps a common meeting ground in Chernarus? With an actual justice system so people don't come there to get shot in the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,460 Posts
    this can only end well
    It can only end up being the ultimate game of 'OMFG WE WERE A TEAM' 'LOL FAGGOT I KILLED YOU GIB GUN PLOZ'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    I agree that we need to organize a group and possibly to recognize others use a tag on your username.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #9
    September 2010
    3,269 Posts
    Count me in. Been willing to try this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

10. Post #10
    OBVIOUS LOLICON
    August 2007
    1,366 Posts
    Is it just blind luck, or do nearby zombies seem to ignore it when you headshot another zombie right next to them with a makarov while prone? ie only fire a single shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,971 Posts
    We agreed that a DayZ thread would die a couple weeks ago. That was before the mod got like another new entire server host per day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,844 Posts
    If you haven't done so yet, http://rautapalli.com/random/arma/squad/

So we can recognize each other easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,230 Posts
    DayZ: Murder Simulator

At least that's what it feels like it's degraded into, to a degree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,982 Posts
    this can only end well
    I hate to say this but, avatar fits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    600 Posts
    I really want to try this, but whenever I try to join a DayZ server (with the files and stuff downloaded), it just says something along the lines of 'Requesting Character Information' and just freezes. The admins of the game have been less than helpful in working it out..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #16
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    I really want to try this, but whenever I try to join a DayZ server (with the files and stuff downloaded), it just says something along the lines of 'Requesting Character Information' and just freezes. The admins of the game have been less than helpful in working it out..
    How does it 'freeze'. Can you type in chat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,279 Posts
    Wish I had that expansion now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2010
    208 Posts
    Just let it sit there the character is being made and because its your first time and probably alot of people are joining for the first time it's taking even longer to load then normally. Your character is saved onto every sever along with your coordinates
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2011
    2,480 Posts
    This mod is officially the most terrifying zombie game I have ever played
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2009
    2,015 Posts
    Most servers are full 100% of the time. It's really only worth it (imo) if you can join with other people and spawn fairly close together... instead of 3-10 K away from each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    June 2007
    2,292 Posts
    If you haven't done so yet, http://rautapalli.com/random/arma/squad/

So we can recognize each other easier.
    This adds an FP tag next to your name and also the FP logo on some uniforms. I don't think it shows up on any of the models DayZ uses unfortunately. It should show up on all of the vehicles though.

Also http://fpsquad.rautapalli.com is the new link. The old one still works, but I might be switching servers soon and the new link will always point to the right place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,049 Posts
    The only group organising needed is just to join the FP group and co-operate with other FPers on the servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,992 Posts
    This mod is so damn immersive, feels like I haven't been this thrilled by playing a game since I was a kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2010
    761 Posts
    I really really want to play this so bad but I can barely run ArmA2 and don't have OA :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 19Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,134 Posts
    What other features do the creators plan on adding in? Have they said at all?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,876 Posts
    I think I'll buy Arma II only for that mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    March 2009
    1,441 Posts
    you need operation arrowhead as well remember
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,679 Posts
    It's the reason why Arma II:CO is on the top 3 top sellers those days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2011
    107 Posts
    oh my, the servers are so bugged because of all the new players. I hoe he'd create more servers. A lot of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2007
    2,291 Posts
    Everytime I join a server I get randomly kicked off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2010
    208 Posts
    What other features do the creators plan on adding in? Have they said at all?
    They were going to add cannibalism but then Australia would ban the mod, highly don't think it is because of the Fallout cannibal perk. They are also thinking about adding factions so you can have a faction and you can't do damage to people in your faction.

----
    Also I will be updating this thread today majorly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    July 2010
    3,956 Posts
    tried installing this for 4 days till i gave up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

33. Post #33
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    They were going to add cannibalism but then Australia would ban the mod, highly don't think it is because of the Fallout cannibal perk. They are also thinking about adding factions so you can have a faction and you can't do damage to people in your faction.

----
    Also I will be updating this thread today majorly.
    Too casual.

Friendly fire is half the fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Everytime I join a server I get randomly kicked off.
    1a. (If you got the Steam version) Run Steam in Admin mode and Verificate the files
    1b. (If you got Non-steam verision) Reinstall game
    2. Reinstall DayZ mod
    3. Make sure no other mods are installed
    4. Run DayZ as admin

I had the problem about 3-4 times, I used those steps as far as I can remember.

Edited:

Too casual.

Friendly fire is half the fun!
    The Squad badge think you can add to your profile is good enough. No need to anything else.
    Bandits is a great idea, but need some overhaul still.

35. Post #35
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,837 Posts
    Does this work for just ARMA II, or do I have to buy OA?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    February 2011
    938 Posts
    A Facepunch gang? Sounds like a blast! It'll be fun playing with a large group of people in my opinion.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Does this work for just ARMA II, or do I have to buy OA?
    OA is needed too.

38. Post #38
    May 2010
    592 Posts
    I really want to try this but have no real idea how to do much in ARMAII, if anyone would be nice enough to show me the ropes that'd be cool.

Add me on steam!

39. Post #39
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    September 2005
    1,409 Posts
    Just bought ARMA 2. I want to play this so badly after seeing the vids. This seems to be a challenging thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,840 Posts
    Ugh shit like this makes me wish ArmA wasn't a poorly optimized clunky game. It plays more like a complex robot walking simulator with guns than an actual tactical war simulation.

I've not heard much about ArmA3 in months... hopefully they improve on all of those aspects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)