1. Post #1
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,447 Posts
    Right now 4chan is at it again by making parental drug groups and the media go ape shit over a new found drug to get you high (which doesn't work by the way), their aim is to make an idiot out of everyone and the media when people actually try this and realize it's a hoax.

4chan OP:

Let's get this started.
    Team A: Yahoo Answers - Sob stories about friends/family
    Team B: Stoner Rage Comics - Post wherever you can
    Team C: Facebook Like Generator - Spam the page on your wall for everyone's news feed
    Team D: YouTube - Post various videos of people high off of toothpasting.
    Team E: Cleanup - Downvote, report, thumbs down whiteknights or shitty posts
    Taem F: Fact Finding - Find links for use by all sections (e.g. facts about toothpaste)
    Pick a team and get started.
    For those not here yesterday, the idea is to get a fake fad called 'toothpasting' (i.e. rubbing toothpaste on ones nipples) onto news sites and concerned parent websites. The idea is that Titanium Dioxide nanoparticles in the toothpaste easily enter through the nipples, where they are swept through the bloodstream, affecting the Central Nervous System and creating a high.
    So far, the main facebook page, at the top of the post, has over one thousand likes, and there are several yahoo answers questions about it. Just follow the directions in the thread and you'll be fine.
    One link for science-stuff is http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20692697.
    Protect our Children from household drugs have jumped on this wagon posting statuses informing "parents" to not let their kids experiment with the newly found drug

Of course this is developing, I'll update this OP as time goes by

CURRENT 4CHAN THREAD:
    http://boards.4chan.org/b/res/398314795

Refer to it as toothpasting:
    https://www.google.com.au/search?aq=...q=toothpasting

Protect our Children from Household drugs facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/ProtectOurC...HouseholdDrugs

(User was banned for this post ("Didn't read the sticky" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 49Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2012
    332 Posts
    It's actually very funny trying to get you friends to put toothpaste all over their nipples and watch the placebo effect take place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Otter Member
    May 2011
    4,600 Posts
    Oh lol, I was like the second poster in the first thread about Toothpasting. I said it was retarded and wouldn't get any attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,136 Posts
    I thought I was the only one who did this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 35Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,783 Posts
    I usually smear it around my anus, the skin is thinner there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,531 Posts
    reminds me of the time back in high school my friend called me up and was screaming about how he put toothepaste on his balls and asking me how to make the burning stop lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

7. Post #7
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,447 Posts
    4chan is trying to bring as much blame on 9gag as possible to the groups telling everybody it's bad so they can shame out 9gag for influencing young kids to do this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,518 Posts
    Brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,538 Posts
    Problem being that annyone with half a brain could figure this out to be a scam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,347 Posts
    Problem being that annyone with half a brain could figure this out to be a scam.
    Most anti-drug campaigners don't anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    653 Posts
    We're on to something here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,722 Posts
    they'll believe anything they can get at this point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,447 Posts
    I've convinced half my friends to do this so.

14. Post #14
    March 2010
    148 Posts
    I hope this to be really big so I can laugh about how stupid some people are. It never stops to amuse me somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    How popular is this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

16. Post #16
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,650 Posts
    How popular is this?
    A way to much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

17. Post #17
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,447 Posts
    How popular is this?
    At the moment yahoo answers has been receiving questions about this and 4chan has tried their best to make sure they're voted to the top and say it's safe whilst forcing people to tell people how dangerous it is to their health and they could die from it.

Tumblr is being meh at the moment, we need more people convincing dumb fucks on facebook, I can't find what hashtag 4chan has made for twitter and redditwise they're downvoting anyone saying it's fake and upvoting people who are trying to make it sound super dangerous/super cool

18. Post #18
    February 2011
    3,957 Posts
    Still isn't that much volume on google trends. Although, I see this actually working.

19. Post #19
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,447 Posts
    People who are using facebook, gather up a small team of people to post statuses saying they've gotten high off it, convince as much friends as possible to give it a shot

*EXTRA BONUS POINTS if you make themselves record it and put it up on YouTube/Facebook video

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,560 Posts
    I have a feeling this operation has some potential to it.

21. Post #21
    August 2010
    5,489 Posts
    Welcome to the Internet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)